• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ash vs. Paul

RedSuzaku

^ He can but I'm sure he won't. Ash's old pokemon have had enough screentime and battles in BF, it's time to show his Sinnoh pokemon's potential in the League.

Dang, agian I really hope they don't have Ash use his reverse unless he really has too. I mean let his D/P Pokemon show off what they can do like all of his othr Pokemon have in the past.
Plus this will make Paul more ticked off which will take there rivalry to a new level, it would be fun.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
^ He can but I'm sure he won't. Ash's old pokemon have had enough screentime and battles in BF, it's time to show his Sinnoh pokemon's potential in the League.

They can still get in on the league when it comes, why people act that if his reserves are used his current guys are gonna be pushed way side is beyond me, sides it doesn't matter what posistioning a pokemon's fight is in a league battle, Swellow and Corphish were really impressive during the middles of matches so there's absoultely no problem with having mixed up teams.

I'll say it again though, if sinnoh gets dragged on longer than even jouto was(or in the event the team doesn't live up to people's expectations and there's few developments that happen) then I don't see why having his older guys back for the league would be a bad thing since we likely won't be getting a "filler" type saga this time and therefore we wouldn't see his older pokemon again for an even longer period once he goes to the fifth gen land as then we'll have to sit and watch those pokemon and the 4th gen guys become dead.

AshfanGirl20 said:
Plus this will make Paul more ticked off which will take there rivalry to a new level, it would be fun.

Be even funnier if Paul got mad for Ash having stronger pokemon for backup and not using them all the time to dominate his foes like he does.

Last edited:

cassius335

Aura Trainer
Be even funnier if Paul got mad for Ash having stronger pokemon for backup and not using them all the time to dominate his foes like he does.

Paul doesn't use his Torterra all the time (he didn't use it in Roark's Gym, for example), so I don't think that'll be an issue. He does at least have some understanding of the need to train his Pokemon

RedSuzaku

They can still get in on the league when it comes, why people act that if his reserves are used his current guys are gonna be pushed way side is beyond me, sides it doesn't matter what posistioning a pokemon's fight is in a league battle, Swellow and Corphish were really impressive during the middles of matches so there's absoultely no problem with having mixed up teams.

I'll say it again though, if sinnoh gets dragged on longer than even jouto was(or in the event the team doesn't live up to people's expectations and there's few developments that happen) then I don't see why having his older guys back for the league would be a bad thing since we likely won't be getting a "filler" type saga this time and therefore we wouldn't see his older pokemon again for an even longer period once he goes to the fifth gen land as then we'll have to sit and watch those pokemon and the 4th gen guys become dead.

We don't know if there will be a filler saga or not. If there is it would be the perfect time to show the old pokemon again but if there's not, I wouldn't mind keeping the oldies aside. Of course, pokemon like Cyndaquil or Totodile that had no decent development in their regions and after that could at least show up for some episodes. I personally think there'll be a filler season since the writers promised to make Ash and Dawn get badges and ribbons quickly which could mean that Sinnoh won't be as long as many people think it will.

It's not about being a bad or a good thing, I just think it'll be better to develop his Sinnoh while he's in Sinnoh. Expecially when it's against Paul. A battle between Ash and Paul would be much more interesting if their Sinnoh teams are fighting. Chimchar could get revenge, Pikachu doesn't like Paul and I think neither Turtwig does, I'm not sure about his other pokemon.

Ivysaur92

I think that Ash's sinnoh pokes with anger against paul should fight, and those who dont should give up spots to ash's most loyal or strongest

well lets think about which of ashs pokemon have reasons to dislike paul

Pikachu:has the same personality as ash, and has made angry pika faces at paul

Chimchar:well this one is obvious

Turtwig: I dont remember, but did it dislike paul in the episode with the forest and the battle with chimchar?

Staravia: I think Staravia could deserve it, but only if we see some rivalry with murkrow begin

Buizel: another mabye in my book, but it did get beat kinda badly by pauls electabuzz in the tag battle tournament.

As for Ash's 6th, we just dont know at all yet

and here are the pokemon I'd like to see fill a spot if the other sinnoh dont have any personal reasons to face paul:
bulbasaur, squirtle, snorlax, heracross, bayleaf, glalie, sceptile,
and especially charizard

well theres my thoughts but give me some response on it

OrangeJumpsuit1

Ash's old pokemon would certainly own Paul imo. Why? Experience, Froniter brains nuff said

We still don't know what kind of pokemon Paul has stored away somewhere. He has been competiting for a while so I think once the Sinnoh League starts (in 2040) we will see some of Paul's older, stronger pokemon. It should be interesting.

MidnightTheMightyena

Money for nothing
I wish Ash would win, but he probabley won't. Paul will most likely beat him, unless Nando beats him.

SBaby

Dungeon Master

Yes. Because as we all know, Diamond and Pearl need to be advertised, right up to the very end.

Pachirisu

<- He want da cookie
We still don't know what kind of pokemon Paul has stored away somewhere. He has been competiting for a while so I think once the Sinnoh League starts (in 2040) we will see some of Paul's older, stronger pokemon. It should be interesting.

You dont know that we will see his old ones for sure. He could just be using the same 5 he has now plus 1 other pokemon.

pi-pikachu1_1

GIMME BAK MAH COOKIE
i would really like to see Ash beat Paul, Paul gains respect for Ash, kicks Brock out of the group and finally send him packing home leaving Ash Dawn and Paul to journey together to the "filler arc/bridge to next gen.".. im certain this was suggested way before my post now but oh well...

Pachirisu

<- He want da cookie
i would really like to see Ash beat Paul, Paul gains respect for Ash, kicks Brock out of the group and finally send him packing home leaving Ash Dawn and Paul to journey together to the "filler arc/bridge to next gen.".. im certain this was suggested way before my post now but oh well...

Paul is a rival and will never be a part of the main group. All he will ever be is a rival for Ash.

pi-pikachu1_1

GIMME BAK MAH COOKIE
hey u nvr know... but i see what ur sayin, it would be interesting to see Paul with them... anyway that doesnt hav to do with this topic so end of that lol

Pachirisu

<- He want da cookie
i know 100 percent ash will win cuz he is good in battles

Then why did he lose in his first gym battle? I think Ash will beat Paul but we can never know for sure.

pi-pikachu1_1

GIMME BAK MAH COOKIE
Then why did he lose in his first gym battle? I think Ash will beat Paul but we can never know for sure.

well it would be great if Ash could go to the E4 so therefore he has to beat Paul (yay for me for pointing out the obvious) but really yea

ChaosMage

Izit cuz I is black?
Ash did just as well in the Hoenn League with the team of 6 as he did in Johto- tiredness is only written in when it adds to the storytelling.