• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ash vs Red

Who would win in a battle? Ash or Red?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ash's annoying pep-talks ensures his victory when every pokemon of his evolves after taking abnormally much damage, and then beats the scrap out of Red's pokemon with silly overpowered moves.

Or Red would simply eliminate Ash and his wimpy team.

I'll root for Red
In my opinion, correct.

Necro101

Red would just crush Ash's team after Ash's stupid you gotta a love your Pokemon pep talk.
Ash would not stand a chance I think we all know why. ( red is superior to Ash and stronger and smarter... Etc....)

RAWK ON

Ilan

Ash doesn't EVEN know type match ups... I watched ONE episode in BW there was a battle of him and Cilan vs. the subway champions.. he used flame charge vs. a chandelure O.O
so BW ash have not a single clue about type match ups... and he uses underevolved pokemon... his strongest pokemon are at lower level than red..

and which red? there is only 2 reds.. both beat ash anyway LOL.
Manga and game..

Even if you say red=the player then the player is smarter than ash anyway.

Last edited:

Feltanno

Grass King
Red he was stronger and ashs pokemon always de level every reigon and red has been in 1 region training

Dragon Trainer X

良い感じ!
Red. Ash isn't exactly inspiring epicosity anymore.

Lanik

Player Character Red would win because of the following:

1. He evolves all of his Pokemon.
2. He became a Pokemon champion without leaving Kanto (this applies to Manga Red as well).
3. He caught all of the Kanto legends.
4. He defeated Team Rocket single-handedly.
5. He was roughing it on Mt. Silver.

pakin

2. He became a Pokemon champion without leaving Kanto (this applies to Manga Red as well).

Pikachu begs to differ. Red would still win, more diversity and stronger Pokemon. Would make a cool episode even if it's impossible, mostly.

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon

1 and 2 largely depends on the player, if they choose to evolves their pokémon and go after the Kanto legends.

Pikachu begs to differ. Red would still win, more diversity and stronger Pokemon. Would make a cool episode even if it's impossible, mostly.

He said Player Character Red.

Primal Crusader V

Watch some MANime
Red doesn't fool around. Training vigorously in hail up on Mt. Silver without wearing the proper clothes for the weather up there? That fact eliminates all possible arguments supporting Ash.

wolf king

Resistance is futile
Red doesn't fool around. Training vigorously in hail up on Mt. Silver without wearing the proper clothes for the weather up there? That fact eliminates all possible arguments supporting Ash.

any old fool could freeze to near death ontop of a mountain, doesn't make them a good trainer, just makes them head strong. even though i do still think red would win by a avalanche.

xst33vox

Merchant Of Death
well, its seems as though everyone is putting ash into the games, and not putting red into the anime. I tell you, if i used darkrai vs red he'd be ****ed, ash did beat a darkrai in the show, andddd look how many badges he has. Plus, ashes charizard is godly. Nobody really knows what "lvl" his pkm are, but the mechanics in the anime are so much different.

Pokemonpal7

Jungle Ninja
Your question has a major flaw, Which Red are you talking about?

There are many Red that exist in the pokémon universe.

-Red from Red/Blue/Green/Yellow/FireRed/LeafGreen game
-Red from Gold/Silver/Crystal/Heart Gold/Soul Sliver game
-Red from Pokémon Adventure/Special
-Pokémon Pocket Monsters

So which one are you talking about?

No, Ash is just based off the game version of Red.

I assumed it was GSCHGSS Red, but then someone ese posted implying it was Red from Special.

Anyway, I voted Ash. Pika/chu vs. Pikachu, I would Pay to see that aired in the anime.

RedAce♠

Ace Trainer
Which Red are you talking about?

Does it really matter, honestly...

Wow make cheap shot at 4kids, who by the way have nothing to do with the Animé anymore. The Japanese writer are capable in making battle cheap themselves, furthermore Ash has grown to prove to be a competent trainer.

Well for your information, I had no clue 4Kids didn't have there hands in the anime anymore, since it feels like a 4Kids show. Plus I would give the writers better praise than anything 4Kids could ever do, after they ruin countless animes and 3 of which where my favorite animes. With there dubbing, Pointless censoring, and other problems. Also Ash goes up and down on how good is, but you can't say he's good as a trainer since he still can't win a league or the fact he's godly pikachu now gets beat by anything and everything. Ash was great with his first team and now it's gone down hill. I mean he had a Gible for God's sake!! I can't imagine how good he would be with a garchomp, charizard, snorlax, lapras, venusaur, and blastiose (Yeah I know two water types, but who cares) this team would shake up any region he would have gone to. And put him in good standings against Red.

Again which Red?

Again, does it REALLY MATTER honestly? Heck he couldn't still beat Gary now I bet... and he doesn't even do pokemon fights anymore.

Also given how strong some of Ash's pokémon are they would just be on even ground.
Yeah first gen probably.

well, its seems as though everyone is putting ash into the games, and not putting red into the anime. I tell you, if i used darkrai vs red he'd be ****ed, ash did beat a darkrai in the show, andddd look how many badges he has. Plus, ashes charizard is godly. Nobody really knows what "lvl" his pkm are, but the mechanics in the anime are so much different.

Yeah a weakin version of Darkrai, the one in the movie was WAY more realistic in stats and also Ash can't be that good if he still got beat by a Latios and a Latios who took on pikachu's volt tackle head on... Also charizard is good, but not godly. He has be beaten by a charizard clone, entei did really well against him, a female charizard owned him and magmar beat him the first time around. So he's not perfect though his pikachu has a much larger track of losing... so at least charizard lost to good battles and not reject pokes ^^; But Ash still isn't that great no matter how you slice it. I would still prefer Red to replace him or to have Ash grow some... well you know and become the Bad *** he was born to be from the start.

"Spite" DefaultAsAwesome

Ash's team would probably be Pikachu, Leavanny, Servine, Oshawott, Tepig, and Unfeazent.

Red's is Pikachu, Lapras/Espeon, Charizard, Blastoise, Venasuar, and Snorlax.

Who the flying **** do you think would win?

Quackjack29

King of the bastards
This is like asking if you want a Mini Cooper or a Ferrari lol.

pocket Ace

Go with Gravity
For the record, I hate this thread because before entering, you already know what the answer is going to be.

Red is most clearly the winner because he was set up to be this EPIC ultimate boss that you battle, based on who you played as 3 years prior (back in GSC). He has the highest-leveled NPC Pokémon and when topped by Barry's starter, he re-topped with his Pika in HGSS. He's also set up by the fanbase to be this memetic badass (he isn't as stoic for me).

Meanwhile, I can't help but feel sorry for Ash. Admit it, most of us loved Ash and Pikachu as a kid. He's our nostalgic hero who beat the Gym Leaders alongside us in our games. But then the anime writers kept having Ash reset in order to revisit the new regions and be our eternally youthful hero. Being our forever anime protagonist really downplays his and Pikachu's potential strength, had they not been reset again and again and again.

So yeah, Red would win in a battle (but to me he's mature like DP!Ash and eventual FRLG!Special!Red rather than this Epic Stoic Quiet badass on top of a mountain). But I can't help but feel sorry for Ash, because he's the one that will never retire and thus can't improve, because he'll eventually reset anyways. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.