• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ash vs Sawyer or Ash vs Alain?

The Better Battle

• Ash vs Alain

Votes: 15 48.4%
  • Ash vs Sawyer

Votes: 16 51.6%

• Total voters

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
neither

Between the two? Ash vs Sawyer, no contest

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Ash vs Alain for the overall battle. Ash Greninja vs Mega Sceptile was the overwhelming highlight of Ash vs Sawyer with the other battles being good to decent. In Ash vs Alain, barring Ash Greninja vs MCX, I enjoyed almost all the other battles as well. Pikachu vs Tyranitar, Talonflame vs Unfezant, Hawlucha vs Bisharp were all pretty damn good.

blizzardblaze

Comp. Battler Who loves The Anime
I can't really say, since I really liked both, but I'd say sawyer vs ash, because this one had a bit of emotional weight to it since ash had to see if he could keep up with sawyer and his tactics, even though alain vs ash was the first time ash finally got to the finals!

Epicocity

It's really hard to choose just one. Ash vs. Alain had some really great matchups, but I think I'd have to edge it for Vs. Sawyer. The storyboarding and sound design, particularly in XYZ 35 and the battle against Mega Sceptile in particular just elevated it to that extra level.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Both are awful and as repetitive as their former battles.

But at least Ash beat Sawyer.... so I'm going with that.

Xuxuba

Both are great battles, some people here are just biased or can't get over the fact that Ash is not going to win a proper League, unless the series is actually ending.

However, i am going to go with Sawyer's final battle, because i liked the strategies more, plus it was nice to see how much Sawyer grew as a character.

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
Ash vs Alain for me because I didn't like boring Salamence vs Noivern and Goodra vs Slurpuff battles and results.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
Easliy 2 of 3 best battles in this anime's history, i would lean over to alain match regardless of result since the overall structure of match was well balanced.

raichu27

I would probably say Ash vs. Sawyer. I think their rivalry was interesting. Plus, Ash got to beat Sawyer.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Ash vs. Green-Haired Kid. At least I could be emotionally invested in that battle. A battle with zero emotional investment is just the equivalent of shaking keys in front of a baby.

Illusio

No words, only rage
The actual rivalry: Sawyer, he came in late but he actually had a believable relationship with Ash. Alain felt tacked on at best and him joining the league when he had no interest before was pretty dumb.

Battle: Closer, but I'd still say Sawyer. Noivern/Salamence was disappointing and Goodra/Slurpuff was bad, but the rest of the battle was good since it was Sawyer trying to counter Ash's team and Ash getting around it. Also, Greninja vs. Sceptile was awesome along with Aegislash vs. Pikachu. Alain was more flashy, but not as fun as Talonflame/Unfezant was also a draw, Noivern and Goodra were even bigger fodders, and Charizard/Greninja lacked any of the energy that Greninja/Sceptile had. It was disappointing to watch after Sawyer.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Hard to say, but I'll pick Sawyer's.

Alain's had the nonsensical durable dragon and Hawlucha's random Super Saiyan moment. Oh, and all those mons out of nowhere (whether they were his or TF's doesn't matter, just why haven't we seen them before? Did they all feel any love for their trainer?) and it didn't help Goodra and Noivern were made fall guys.

At least Sawyer's just had a strange Frenzy Plant spam with no cooldown.