• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ash vs Tobias, what went wrong?

Torpoleon

I'm assuming that's a dub line: in the Japanese version, Takuto praised Fukamaru's Draco Meteor by saying that "had it been anything but Darkrai, there's no doubt it would've been defeated by Draco Meteor", implying that any Pokemon other than Darkrai would've lost if the attack had actually hit its target. But his line probably shouldn't be taken at face value in any case, because it's hard to believe that Darkrai's the only Pokemon that could've survived that attack from a base stage Pokemon like Fukamaru.

I really think that the fandom overestimates Fukamaru, especially in that match. It managed to land a Rock Smash on Darkrai, but Darkrai didn't seem to take much damage from it. The fact that Takuto praised Draco Meteor and not Rock Smash despite the latter being a super effective hit [as we were reminded by the announcer], implies that Rock Smash was of no concern to Takuto's Darkrai despite it hitting its target unlike Draco Meteor. And that's really all that Fukamaru amounted to in that match.
Actually I think I might be misremembering from the dub and maybe Tobias said the same thing in the English version as he did in the Japanese version about if it was anyone but Darkrai.

Either way, I'm not praising Gible as a super strong Pokemon (but I do feel like Ash picked it because of Draco Meteor anyways).