• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ash will never become a Pokemon Master until the games stop coming out

twilight trainer

UNBEATABLE TRAINER
OP that was obvious.

Though I suppose things would've been better if they changed protagonists for every region. For instance Jimmy/Kenta could've taken over for Johto, Brendan could've taken over for the third generation etc.

Would've given each region that 'Kanto feel'.

matt0044

OP that was obvious.

Though I suppose things would've been better if they changed protagonists for every region. For instance Jimmy/Kenta could've taken over for Johto, Brendan could've taken over for the third generation etc.

Would've given each region that 'Kanto feel'.

I think so too.

Though for Hoenn, I would've had May as the protaginist to show diversity among the central characters as well as Dawn for Sinnoh.

twilight trainer

UNBEATABLE TRAINER
I think so too.

Though for Hoenn, I would've had May as the protaginist to show diversity among the central characters as well as Dawn for Sinnoh.

Personally I'd have done it like this:

Kanto (Pokemon League) and Orange Islands: like it was in the anime.

Johto: The Gold-Silver-Crystal protagonists + that Jackson fellow, though I would centre it more around Jimmy to give the show the feel Ash gave it.

Hoenn + Sinnoh + Isshu: Same as the above (minus Jackson and add a relevant person to the region).

Though with the Battle Frontier I'd make sections where all the protagonists would shine and possibly battle each other.

Honestly I'm not complaining, I like the show and all but I think Nintendo could've taken a better route.
I mean all of us enjoyed the change of character and region gold-silver brought about; the anime probably would've had the same effect.

Surely would avoid the "Ash didn't win the league, again" or "oh look another generation is announced, Ash will lose... again" frustration we all tend to get. :p

matt0044

I mean all of us enjoyed the change of character and region gold-silver brought about; the anime probably would've had the same effect.

Surely would avoid the "Ash didn't win the league, again" or "oh look another generation is announced, Ash will lose... again" frustration we all tend to get. :p

That's what I've been thinking this whole time.

Champion Jared 14

This is very true, but there are still many people in the fandom that do not realize this...Lol...Many that still wonder why Ash hasn't done so...Lol...winning ANY pokemon league tournament has never been a part of Ash's advertising the games. And if he did win one, then the games would probably be done, and they'd have to change the story around for the show if it would continue...most likely not though...

Champion Jared 14

This is very true, but there are still many people in the fandom that do not realize this...Lol...Many that still wonder why Ash hasn't done so...Lol...winning ANY pokemon league tournament has never been a part of Ash's advertising the games. And if he did win one, then the games would probably be done, and they'd have to change the story around for the show if it would continue...most likely not though...

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Of course.

If he becomes a master, he'd need a new goal, or else he'd stop traveling and join the Battle Frontier.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
Becoming a pokemon master isn't easy if you have bad luck in winning leagues but I don't think they'll stop making games anytime soon.

Brumrha

Banned
For me, there most likely is no such thing as a Pokémon Master, mostly because I haven't even seen a Master anywhere in this animé, & partly because a master of any kind are few & far between.

The difficulty of this quest pretty much borders on the impossible, however, I think of it this way: Ash is inching closer & closer towards a League Victory with each passing region. What more can you ask of him if he's doing his absolute best?

Suave Squirtle

Pokemon Masters can't even exist anymore due to pokemon like Dialga and Palkia, so no, he's not going to be a Pokemon Master because no one can without causing the universe to implode.

Typhlosion Trainer

Fire Trainer
I dont see whats wrong with winning a league. That doesnt make him a master. Heck, this league was his great chance. The Elite Four were handled properly this time. Ash vs. Paul could easily have been the finals. Ash would win the League, lose to Aaron, realise he has to get stronger and head of for Isshu.

Winning a League doesnt make you anywhere near the best. Would you call Tyson a Pokemon Master?

^this. I dont expect Ash to win a league no time soon, but even if he does that doesnt make him a master and the show doesnt have to come to an end. He could win one, lose in the first battle of the E4 and go to the next region, like Overheat mentioned.

Sonic527

Speed fanatic
Ash will never become a pokemon master for there is no known acheivement for this to happen. He could become a champion of a region but he will only learn that there is no true pokemon master and the true meaning is for a trainer to master pokemon.... >_<

TicoPokemonMaster

Anime doesn't influence games. it the games that influence the anime. the anime can easily come up with leagues and regions, Orange League. Its the actually pokemon that drive the anime. So essencially the anime can possible go on a little bit longer than the games, up until it gets stale.

Not only does Ash need to win a League, but he needs to challenge the Champion League, and beat the Elite 4 before he even considers himself a master. So I really don't know how many years Pokemon is going to be around, but that's alot. The fact that they haven't even let him win a League out means they are dragging out his character to the point of absurdity.

twilight trainer

UNBEATABLE TRAINER
Those of you who are loosely using the term "Pokemon Master"... you do know that at this juncture what it takes to be a Pokemon Master is still vague, right?

In other words winning a Pokemon League may not be it.

Champion Jared 14

Anime doesn't influence games. it the games that influence the anime. the anime can easily come up with leagues and regions, Orange League. Its the actually pokemon that drive the anime. So essencially the anime can possible go on a little bit longer than the games, up until it gets stale.

I didn't SAY the anime infleuences the games...Ash's role in the show is to promote the games and nothing more. For the entire history of the show, winning the pokemon league has been something Ash has never done. Perhaps that's for a reason. When a trainer in the games becomes the Champion, the main storyline of the game is pretty much already over. I'd assume that something similar to Ash would happen if they let him do that.

matt0044

I didn't SAY the anime infleuences the games...Ash's role in the show is to promote the games and nothing more. For the entire history of the show, winning the pokemon league has been something Ash has never done. Perhaps that's for a reason. When a trainer in the games becomes the Champion, the main storyline of the game is pretty much already over. I'd assume that something similar to Ash would happen if they let him do that.

Then why not let a new protaginist take his place.

I'm sorry but Ash has really overstayed his welcome.