• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ash would make a great politician.

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
Think about it.

His constant sidequests have given him so many connections it's not even funny. He's on good terms with most/all gym leaders (or at least more than a simple challenger), met and intrigued a lot of E4 members, worked with some esteemed professors, got the respect of the Frontier Brains, knows some high ranking (?) Pokemon Rangers, has the respect (or at least interest) of various legendary pokemon, and has helped out all sorts of people in all sorts of jobs and professions.

Aside from all of that, he's a great guy, pokemon love him, he's a natural leader (a trait his pokemon adopt from him too; Pidgeot's the leader of Route 1, Bulbasaur's the peacekeeper of Oak's lab, Squirtle leads the Squitle Squad once more, Charizard's top zard of Charizific Valley, and Pikachu has organized so many cooperative efforts its not even funny), and he actually should have a lot more fame than what he has right now, considering he's placed high in every televised tournament he's entered. Hell, even at his very worst (Kanto), he got in to the top 16. Of every trainer in Kanto. On his first year out. That's really impressive.

And aside from all of that, there's that whole "saving the world every year" thing, which has probably guaranteed him enough good karma to get a free pass to whatever type of heaven the Pokemon world has.

Rovian

Kodoku no Koori
Aside from all of that, he's a great guy, pokemon love him, he's a natural leader (a trait his pokemon adopt from him too; Pidgeot's the leader of Route 1, Bulbasaur's the peacekeeper of Oak's lab, Squirtle leads the Squitle Squad once more, Charizard's top zard of Charizific Valley, and Pikachu has organized so many cooperative efforts its not even funny),
That Squirtle already had leadership skills before Ash came along.

Silver_Seoul

Every gym leader remember his name, it's crazy!

You'd think with them getting at the least 256 competitors annually, they'd be lucky to remember the name of the poor sap they beat a week ago.

Profesco

gone gently
Well, you make a great point. It would maybe even do Ash some good... that is, if the Pokemon anime world had any kind of apparent government beyond the occasional small-town mayor (who, incidentally, all seem to share the same general appearance/face).

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Pidgeot's the leader of Route 1

I was under the impression that Ash's Pidgeot led a small flock of Pidgey and Pidgeotto in the Viridian Forest area, not Route 1.

All that aside, I don't think politics would suit Ash. He certainly has the courage to stand up for what he believes in and protect the weak, and he is a bit hypersocial to the point where he's a people-person, but there is something wrong with that image. He's just all over the place quite honestly, not just physically but mentally. He's always wanting to do this and then that, and I'm surprised he still trains Pokemon. He doesn't always stick to what he says he's going to do basically, and even though that's a common trait amongst bad politicians, I rather save Ash the humiliation.

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
Ash promised Pidgeot that he'd return.

Broken promise.

Bloody perfect politician.

Indragon

Back in the USSR
I'm in agreement with the thread title.

Any sort of popularity contest in the Pokéverse would also work!

(who, incidentally, all seem to share the same general appearance/face).

lol.

One could also draw up a theory of that being the same guy, nabbing mayorship in several towns thanks to Ash's influence :D

Ash promised Pidgeot that he'd return.

Broken promise.

Bloody perfect politician.

Q.E.D.

Spacialrend

Gallade owns
I don't quite understand how Pokemon Politics works, as a matter fact, I don't even understand American politics either, as I'm Aussie.

But what would be his first act as Presedent/Senator/whatever? Prosecute anyone for incorrect treatment of Pokemon? (that's an obvious one), but what's he gonna do about Paul?

Actually, if Barry were elected, first offense, "I'll fine you for that!"
lol jks

catzeye

Writer's Block
But what would be his first act as Presedent/Senator/whatever? Prosecute anyone for incorrect treatment of Pokemon? (that's an obvious one), but what's he gonna do about Paul?

Actually, if Barry were elected, first offense, "I'll fine you for that!"
lol jks

LMFAO.

Yes Ash would make a good politician, he probably wouldn't be corrupt at all.
Who knows what kind of government they have for the Pokemon world. Maybe it's a monarchy instead of a democracy. IDK.

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
Possible, but I'd rather vote for someone who can train and work more effectively i.e. Paul

Paul as a world leader?

There'd be an international incident in days.

murkrowrob

Yamask Hugger x_x
Paul as a world leader?

There'd be an international incident in days.

He'd be good with the army at least.

I just suggested Paul because Ash is hardly the most serious person in the world, whereas Paul is more focused.

Paul would probably deport anyone who defied him or he deemed useless.

I can't remember much from the recent anime, but does Barry still try and 'fine' everyone in the anime. If he did, Barry would make quite a funny (and corrupt) leader.

Kotone

haha so funny that people go "I don't like the idea that ash is a politician" wow taking it seriously much? Am I the only one who got that this thread is made to show that ash knows and is in good terms with practically everyone

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
While this is perhaps a joke topic in some senses, I'm letting it stay open since we can still discuss Ash's charismatic demeanor and whatnot (I mean, the guy always smiles when meeting Shinji no matter how many times he gets insulted by him). Hell, as far as I'm concerned, the Pokemon world runs in almost an anarchist state, limited to a few mayors and a limited police force. I'm not even sure a judicial system has ever been brought up.

Don't blame me, I voted for Lt. Surge.

Indragon

Back in the USSR
Possible, but I'd rather vote for someone who can train and work more effectively i.e. Paul

Oh, so you'd want a cold-hearted chap who thinks almost everything is dirt under his feet would be better?

He'd be good with the army at least.

Disregarding the fact that the Pokemon world doesn't need an army, your statement implies that we need war =P

Paul would probably deport anyone who defied him or he deemed useless.

Oh yes, might as well have someone who kills/deports you because he thinks you're not good enough for him :rolleyes:

I can't remember much from the recent anime, but does Barry still try and 'fine' everyone in the anime. If he did, Barry would make quite a funny (and corrupt) leader.

lol, I'd go with Barry for my second choice!

murkrowrob

Yamask Hugger x_x
Oh, so you'd want a cold-hearted chap who thinks almost everything is dirt under his feet would be better?

Disregarding the fact that the Pokemon world doesn't need an army, your statement implies that we need war =P

lol, I'd go with Barry for my second choice!

We don't need war (Just in case). I personally wouldn't vote for Paul (plus the fact that I'm too young :p ).

Oh yes, might as well have someone who kills/deports you because he thinks you're not good enough for him :rolleyes:

I never said that was a good thing.... XD

Sorry people, I don't actually like Paul

Indragon

Back in the USSR
We don't need war (Just in case). I personally wouldn't vote for Paul (plus the fact that I'm too young :p ).

I never said that was a good thing.... XD

Sorry people, I don't actually like Paul

Ah, good, because Paul would be just terrible :p

ashds

Law and Order: Unova
I would vote for Brock but now that I think about that may not be a good idea (he'd become pokemon's answer to Bill Clinton)