• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

ashes change?

Chris

Old Coot
Don't double post and don't post in a topic unless you have something useful to contribute to it.

..And learn that "just" has no "E" in it.

P

PokeTrainer7783

Ash started out in the beginning of the show like any normal 10 year old kid. He thought that just by watching Pokemon battles all the time on TV he knew everything. He was totally clueless about the real world and had no idea what to expect. Which as you can tell he really knew nothing about Pokemon. let alone how to catch one in the beginning. Which gave him the cocky attitude that made him jump into things without thinking and sometimes picking fights with people for no reason. Or saying more then he could chew. I don't think he realized in the beginning how hard this journey the he set out on was gonna be. It wasn't until he really exprienced battling, making new friends, learning from new trainers, and battling against other gym leaders that he started to learn what being a Pokemon Trainer was about. Sure he had the good heart that Pokemon aren't just objects that their living creatures and need to be treated with respect. His heart is always in the right place about Pokemon but his mentality was a different story. and I think him battling in the very first Pokemon league made him realize that he still has a lot to learn about Pokemon. In all of his journeys he's learned something and gained the experience and the knowledge from other people. and most important he's learned skills and life long lessons from his Pokemon. Pikachu being a great example of this. It's through those experiences that has brought him where he is today. and what kid doesn't think he/she knows everything. Even as adults we still think we know everything about life and the world but we really don't. But we learn and grow as people as well. Ash today is definitely not the same person as back then. The skills he uses and the knowledge he uses in battles are very impressive now. I guess you could say even his Pokemon battles are more mature. Before he just kind of had more mouth than skill. and his battles were, well kind of sloppy. Although every once in awhile he will jump into things without thinking. But it's not as frequent as it used to be. and as cliche as this may sound I think his relationship with Pikachu also has somewhat to do with how he's grown. All in all Ash is probably one of the most caring trainers out there. His love for Pokemon is one thing that will never change. As shown in previous episodes he won't hesitate to sacrifice himself for the well being of his Pokemon. The first episode, and Snow Way out are great examples. Also his loosing battles is another exprience for him to grow as a trainer. It's through all these things that he's able to pass what he's learned throughout the years to other trainers. Such as May. I think the writers just wanted to make Ash (Satoshi) more mature but at the same time still make us see that he is still a kid who still has a long way to go.

Last edited by a moderator: