• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ash's 6 Worst Pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattySadler

Maldread is running this thread. Fantastic stuff

Ilikepiex7

I don't remember, but didn't Cyndaquil not have any real wins besides Jasmine's Steelix and Bugsy's Scyther? If so, and that really was his second best Johto capture, then that just shows how pathetic his Johto team was.
Cyndaquil also beat Whittney's first 2 pokemon before miltank, morty's gastly, and Price's dewgong that's getting at least 1 win in 5 gym battles.

charizardfan

I still feel like Quilava should be switched with Squirtle. It was one of the Pokemon team that beat Brandon (did better than Charizard) and scored two straight wins against a League-caliber trainer's Polemon, one of which was an Electabuzz.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Cyndaquil beat Bugsy's Sycyther, Whitney's Nidorina, morty's Gastly, and I think Jasmine's Magnemite.

He beat her Steelix, not her Magnemite.

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes

Navin

MALDREAD
Maldread is running this thread. Fantastic stuff

Ever ready to dominate.

I think these lists are being a bit unfair to Muk and Totodile: Muk has been used so little that I'd say it deserves to be unranked because of a lack of any info on its battling.

True to an extent. Muk did have that victory against that OP/PIS Bellsprout at the Indigo Plateau Conference, where it showed its a defensive Pokemon that absorbs attacks. But even then, I don't see it much as a tank considering Gary's Scizor took it out comfortably. This combined with its lack of offense makes me want to put in a lower tier for now.

Totodile has beaten a Kingdra, an above-average Charizard and Harrison's Sneasel which was strong enough to beat several league trainers. That's fairly impressive, no? By no means is Totodile worth bottom rank. Definitely on the same level as Tauros, Torkoal and Donphan at the very least.

Totodile scored some victories, but quite honestly, the thing is more comic relief and just likes to dance. And all of its wins just seemed like freak victories. Gible seems like what Totodile should have been.

Id put Swellow as a lower tier one, it has about the same win ratio as snorlax, bar POS Latios.

Would swap torkoal, and pignite for staraptor and buizel too, but it's been a while since DP.

Well the only other tier for Swellow is Tier 1, which already has six Pokemon that I do think are better than the bird. I mean, I think 5 of them (Zard, Ape, Scep, Pika, Snor) are pretty much unanimously considered to the best and Glalie was just too good at the Hoenn League. And as in you think Torkoal/Pignite are better than Staraptor/Buizel - I have to disagree with that. Torkoal clearly shouldn't be any higher for its losses and any lower due to that heroic attempt against Registeel. Pignite was just decent.

I still feel like Quilava should be switched with Squirtle. It was one of the Pokemon team that beat Brandon (did better than Charizard) and scored two straight wins against a League-caliber trainer's Polemon, one of which was an Electabuzz.

Well Ash rather screwed Charizard over by using Seismic Toss and Brandon, being the Battle Frontier leader that he is, took advantage of that blunder and made Ash pay. I think Cyndaquil was pretty solid in Johto, and obviously as Quilava, became even more powerful. I know it only drew against Nando's Armaldo, but I got the impression that Armaldo was quite strong (it took out Staraptor very easily) and probably was better than Kricketune. I don't know if I'd switch Squirtle and Quilava, because there are other Pokemon between both that I think are just as good as Squirtle (Corphish and Buizel) but a slightly drop for Quilava and a slight rise for Squirtle could make sense. Like I said before, I only put 6 Pokemon in each tier (because that consists of a full team) otherwise some tiers would have been more crowded.

jrizza88

Meteorite
I'd love to see 6 vs 6 matches with this tier list, where tier 6 has the first match, and tier one is the final one where Ash fights a mega and a legendary with his tier 1 team to win! I am sure the writers would take out some of the tier 6 Unova pokemon and switch them around to make some of them seem stronger than they actually are.

Navin

MALDREAD
I'd love to see 6 vs 6 matches with this tier list, where tier 6 has the first match, and tier one is the final one where Ash fights a mega and a legendary with his tier 1 team to win! I am sure the writers would take out some of the tier 6 Unova pokemon and switch them around to make some of them seem stronger than they actually are.

Well according to my list, Ash technically had two Tier 1s, two Tier 2s, one Tier 3, and one Tier 4 against Tobias. That was good enough for DP Ash to defeat a Darkrai that swept through all of Sinnoh and a Latios. Barring any PIS like they did with Swellow, you can only wonder how much a team of Pikachu/Charizard/Sceptile/Infernape/Snorlax/Glalie can accomplish.

jrizza88

Meteorite
Well according to my list, Ash technically had two Tier 1s, two Tier 2s, one Tier 3, and one Tier 4 against Tobias. That was good enough for DP Ash to defeat a Darkrai that swept through all of Sinnoh and a Latios. Barring any PIS like they did with Swellow, you can only wonder how much a team of Pikachu/Charizard/Sceptile/Infernape/Snorlax/Glalie can accomplish.

Yes! I would so love to finally see a battle like this, especially with the first 5. In terms of Glalie, I feel like I wouldn't be surprised if Krookidile took its place, or if that spot eventually goes to a potential Greninja ^.^

Navin

MALDREAD
I don't know what the writers were thinking with Ash's Unova team.

I guess trying to draw parallels from the OS team:

* Pikachu = Pikachu
* Oshawott ~ Squirtle/Totodile
* Palpitoad ~ Kingler/Muk
* Snivy ~ Bulbasaur
* Leavanny ~ Butterfree/Bayleef
* Pignite ~ Quilava/Charizard
* Charizard = Charizard
* Unfezant ~ Pidgeot/Noctowl
* Boldore ~ Tauros/Donphan
* Scraggy ~ Primeape/Heracross
* Krookodile ~ Snorlax

DedicatedFan

I don't know what the writers were thinking with Ash's Unova team.

They weren't.

I'm also surprised so many people put Pignite as one of Ash's weakest. The guy beat beat a Cryogonal,Emboar and a Heatmor at the same time. It even beat a Hydriegion. People ether have high standards or a biased against the pig.

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
They weren't.

I'm also surprised so many people put Pignite as one of Ash's weakest. The guy beat beat a Cryogonal,Emboar and a Heatmor at the same time. It even beat a Hydriegion. People ether have high standards or a biased against the pig.

Pignite barring Pikachu and Krookodile is Ash's strongest Unova Pokemon (and even then I think he's either Ash's weakest or 2nd weakest fire type). I think 4th Tier is appropriate for him.

DedicatedFan

Pignite barring Pikachu and Krookodile is Ash's strongest Unova Pokemon (and even then I think he's either Ash's weakest or 2nd weakest fire type). I think 4th Tier is appropriate for him.

In comparisson to his other fire types maybe, but in comparison to his other Pokemon Pignite is at least 3th tier. If he evolved he'd definitely be 2nd tier.

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
In comparisson to his other fire types maybe, but in comparison to his other Pokemon Pignite is at least 3th tier. If he evolved he'd definitely be 2nd tier.
That's all subjective to be honest (then again so is most of this thread tbh). I'll disagree but I respect your opinion.

Mew2

Team Rocket's Enemy
Having seen the tiers of some previous posters, here is my own. For me, the list is generally in order, though some may be close calls. Here goes:

Tier 1: Charizard, Sceptile, Snorlax, Pikachu
Tier 2: Infernape, Krookodile, Glalie, Swellow, Bulbasaur, Kingler
Tier 3: Gliscor, Heracross, Donphan, Squirtle, Corphish, Staraptor, Buizel, Gible
Tier 4: Leavanny, Tauros, Torkoal, Noctowl, Torterra
Tier 5: Pignite, Muk, Snivy, Palpitoad, Boldore
Tier 6: Unfeazant, Scraggy, Totodile, Oshawott

Status
Not open for further replies.