• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ash's 8 Strongest Pokemon Ranked

Troo33

Pikachu
Charizard
Greninja or Lucario
Sceptile
Infernape
Dragonite
Sirfetch'd
Snorlax
Gengar

make your own

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Pikachu
Charizard
Infernape
Sceptile
Swellow
Snorlax
Naganadel
Melmetal

Dark_King25

Shillmon Defender
Pikachu
Greninja
Charizard
Lucario
Sirfetch
Sceptile
Gengar
Lycanroc

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Pikachu
-Defeated Leon's Charizard
-Defeated Tapu Koko
-Z-Move
-Gigantamax
--------------------------------
Greninja
-Roots Training (JN)
-Bond Phenomenon
Lucario
-Defeated Cynthia's Base Garchomp & Dynamax Togekiss
-Mega Evolution
-Aura Vision
Charizard
-Charicific Valley Training (DP-BW)
-Outlasted an Articuno (Noland)
Infernape
-Defeated Paul's Electivire/Aggron/Ninjask at the Sinnoh League
-Blaze
Sceptile
-Defeated Tobias's Darkrai (Finished off)
-Defeated Spenser's Claydol/Shiftry
-Overgrow
(Vacant)
(Vacant)

Dragonite,Snorlax,Gengar,Sirfetch'd or Dracovish can fill the last 2 spots.
Gotta ask though, how does Sceptile beating Tobias's Darkrai and Spenser triumph Gengar beating two of the World's 8th ranked trainer before Ash, beating Stevens Aggron and doing well against Cradily and beating Leon's Inteleon, as well as the fact it has gigantamax.
Kinda the same with JN's other mons and other aces here respectively, like with Charizard and Sceptile. Even if I love Charizard and Sceptile way more than JN mons (okay maybe not Sceptile that much)

Troo33

Pikachu
Greninja
Charizard
Lucario
Sirfetch
Sceptile
Gengar
Lycanroc
Charizard should be in second place
Pikachu
Lucario
Dragonite
Sirfetchd
Gengar
Dracovish
Ash-Greninja
Infernape
This is very in favor of JN team

Pikachu
-Defeated Leon's Charizard
-Defeated Tapu Koko
-Z-Move
-Gigantamax
Greninja
-Roots Training (SM-JN)
-Bond Phenomenon
Lucario
-Defeated Cynthia's Base Garchomp & Dynamax Togekiss
-Mega Evolution
-Aura Vision
Charizard
-Charicific Valley Training (DP-BW)
-Outlasted an Articuno (Noland)
Infernape
-Defeated Paul's Electivire/Aggron/Ninjask at the Sinnoh League
-Blaze
Sceptile
-Defeated Tobias's Darkrai (Finished off)
-Defeated Spenser's Claydol/Shiftry
-Overgrow
(Vacant)
(Vacant)

Dragonite,Snorlax,Gengar,Sirfetch'd or Dracovish can fill the last 2 spots.
Sirfetch'd deserves at least rank 7
Gotta ask though, how does Sceptile beating Tobias's Darkrai and Spenser triumph Gengar beating two of the World's 8th ranked trainer before Ash, beating Stevens Aggron and doing well against Cradily and beating Leon's Inteleon, as well as the fact it has gigantamax.
Kinda the same with JN's other mons and other aces here respectively, like with Charizard and Sceptile. Even if I love Charizard and Sceptile way more than JN mons (okay maybe not Sceptile that much)

The problem is that Gengar defeated Aggron after Drscovish also did some work. Also, we don't know the strength of the non-ace Pokémon of the champions, they may be trash like Diantha's, 4 of them lost against Rillaboom. Defeating Darkrai and two of Spencer's Pokemon, including his ace, is more impressive than defeating Steven's Aggron in my book.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Charizard should be in second place

This is very in favor of JN team

Sirfetch'd deserves at least rank 7

The problem is that Gengar defeated Aggron after Drscovish also did some work. Also, we don't know the strength of the non-ace Pokémon of the champions, they may be trash like Diantha's, 4 of them lost against Rillaboom. Defeating Darkrai and two of Spencer's Pokemon, including his ace, is more impressive than defeating Steven's Aggron in my book.
Of course it's favoured to the JN team, they have the best feats.
And cmon lol they are still champion Mons. Diantha's weren't trash, if anything Leon's rillaboom was strong and clearly dragon tail strategy could have been applied. We didn't even see most of the battle
Heck forget masters 8, JN's mons feats surpass any other mons even before that.

Damerdal

[Dam]n h[er] Gan[dal]f!
The Top 10:

Pikachu
Lucario
Dracovish
Sirfetch'd
Gengar
Dragonite
Charizard
Sceptile
Greninja
Infernape

Whether you like it or not, the JN 5 are World Champions and have the greatest feats of any of Ash's Pokemon.

Charizard defeating a Legendary Pokemon in Articuno, being commanded by a Frontier Brain, is an epic feat considering how powerful the anime depicts legendaries. Same goes for Sceptile defeating Tobias' undefeated Darkrai, especially since Darkrai healed off Ash's other Pokemon before facing off against Sceptile. Greninja lasting that long against Alain's overpowered Mega Charizard X is quite impressive. Also, even if Diantha was holding back, the fact is Greninja showed a lot of firepower in that sparring match against Mega Gardevoir. Lastly, Infernape because the monkey carried Ash throughout DP, especially against the likes of Volkner and Paul.

Pikachu
Lucario
Dracovish
Sirfetch'd
Gengar
Dragonite
Charizard
Sceptile
Greninja
-So, pre-greninja Lucario would lose the same way against Dracovish as he did against Greninja
-Rillaboom lost to AlainZard Base easily, but you're putting Sirfetch'd way above Greninja so that doesn't make much sense if you ask me, in the worst case Greninja would be equivalent to Rillaboom, that's considering that Alain became monstrously stronger which is not the case
-Gengar and Dragonite would have lost to Flygon if Dynamax hadn't been available, and Flygon is a normal Pokémon that should be just as strong as Alain's normal Pokémon. Based on this logic, Greninja, Charizard or Infernape could not even in their wildest dreams defeat Pokémon like Alain's Chessnaugth or his Bisharp...

Yeah, no, this is definitely not the case imo..

Last edited:

Cetra

Ash got 26 years, Liko won't, recency bias fanboys
Cheatachu
Charizard
Greninja
Dragonite
Infernape
Lucario
Sceptile
Pidgeot - this guy as a Pidegetto created a giant tornado just by counter-gust-ing Team Rocket's vacuum cleaner in episode EIGHT; who knows how strong he is in the final episode.

I don't care about the rest. Pokémon like Snorlax, Lycanroc, Gengar, Dracomalfoy , etc. obviously.

And no, this is not an actual top-down ranking. Although Pikachu is obviously the best and I am 100% sure that Charizard as the "opposing starter to the Shigeru/Trainer Green equivalent which is Blastoise" would always be the second strongest if he were to not piss off just so other Pokémon of their region can shine.

Last edited:

Damerdal

[Dam]n h[er] Gan[dal]f!
-So, pre-greninja Lucario would lose the same way against Dracovish as he did against Greninja
-Rillaboom lost to AlainZard Base easily, but you're putting Sirfetch'd way above Greninja so that doesn't make much sense if you ask me, in the worst case Greninja would be equivalent to Rillaboom, that's considering that Alain became monstrously stronger which is not the case
-Gengar and Dragonite would have lost to Flygon if Dynamax hadn't been available, and Flygon is a normal Pokémon that should be just as strong as Alain's normal Pokémon. Based on this logic, Greninja, Charizard or Infernape could not even in their wildest dreams defeat Pokémon like Alain's Chessnaugth or his Bisharp...

Yeah, no, this is definitely not the case imo..

I wasn't trying to rank them top-to-bottom, but rather, list whomever I think belongs in the top 10.

I do think Charizard, Sceptile, Greninja, and Infernape can go toe-to-toe against the JN 5. However, the JN team have plenty of Elite 4/Champion Pokemon victories.