• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ash's best B team

Status
Not open for further replies.

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
The title is pretty much explaining itself. Everybody is talking about Ash's top 6 pokemon and at the end the focus of those threads was who was joining the PCISS Tier 1 mons. With Greninja most likely taking that spot in the near future, we could discuss now who are the 6 strongest pokemon after the A team.

Pick the in your eyes 6 strongest mons not including Pikachu, Charizard, Sceptile, Infenape, Snorlax and Greninja.

Last edited:

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Bulbasaur, Gliscor, Squirtle, Muk, Quilava, Staraptor I guess would be my choices.

My best B team would have to be Staraptor, Donphan, Glalie, Heracross, Bulbasaur, and Gliscor.

Possible substitutions for my team would be Corphish, Quilava, Leavanny, and Boldore.

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
Bulbasaur, Krookodile/Ash Greninja (Whichever one you rate higher is in the A-Team), Swellow, Heracross, Glalie, Gliscor

nickdt

Well, this is not a hard one.

Bulbasaur, Glalie, Heracross, Talonflame, Krookodile, Donphan

Grey Wind

I'd say... Swellow, Bulbasaur, and Glalie for sure. Krookodile and Gliscor have some good wins too, so those two too. Dunno about the last spot, but I think you could make a case for Heracross or Squirtle.

So Swellow, Bulbasaur, Glalie, Krookodile, Gliscor, and Heracross/Squirtle.

Krookodile/Ash Greninja (Whichever one you rate higher is in the A-Team)
Nahhh, I wouldn't put Krookodile in the A-Team. Bulbasaur, Swellow, and Glalie are all more impressive IMO and Ash Greninja is basically a mega.

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
Bulbasaur, Quilava, Staraptor, Heracross, Donphan, Buizel.

Just missing out are Squirtle, Gliscor, Swallow Glalie and Corphish.

Afrodisiac

break up w yo gf, im bored
Snorlax, Swellow, Corphish, Pignite, Bulbasaur, Glalie

Staraptor is bottom & useless tier btw ;)

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Bulbasaur, Gliscor, Squirtle, Muk, Quilava, Staraptor I guess would be my choices.

Didn't Muk only defeat a Bellsprout and lose to a Scizor?

Anyway, my personal thoughts on a "B team" would consist of Glalie, Corphish, Swellow, Pignite, Bulbasaur, and Gliscor.

Aduro

Mt.BtlMaster
Quilava is pretty bad, it lost to a Jackson's magneton, Jasmine's Steelix and Pryce's Piloswine pretty easily and even after evolving it barely drew with Armaldo's bug attack.

I'd say Heracross, Buizel, Swellow, Hawlucha, Krookodile and Glalie for B-Team.

Navin

MALDREAD
Running Tally:

* Bulbasaur: 9
* Glalie: 8
* Heracross: 7
* Gliscor: 6
* Swellow: 6
* Krookodile: 5
-----------------
* Staraptor: 3
* Donphan: 3
* Buizel: 2
* Corphish: 2
* Squirtle: 2
* Pignite: 2
* Snorlax: 1 [I think everyone assumes Snorlax is already consensus A-team]
* Quilava: 2
* Kingler: 1
* Talonflame: 1
* Hawlucha: 1
* Muk: 1

Afrodisiac

break up w yo gf, im bored
* Snorlax: 1 [I think everyone assumes Snorlax is already consensus A-team]

Maybe it is to you, in your list, but don't speak for everyone. To me Snorlax was good but never did anything really extraordinary, yeah it defeated a gym leader's Pokemon, 2 league rival mons (Swellow did the same and it's B tier for most people) and afterwards it defeated a Medicham. That was it. on the other hand Krookodile did really good in BW and to me it did kind of the same things but only in 1 sole series.

Navin

MALDREAD
Maybe it is to you, in your list, but don't speak for everyone. To me Snorlax was good but never did anything really extraordinary, yeah it defeated a gym leader's Pokemon, 2 league rival mons (Swellow did the same and it's B tier for most people) and afterwards it defeated a Medicham. That was it. on the other hand Krookodile did really good in BW and to me it did kind of the same things but only in 1 sole series.

I mean, OP specifically mentioned non-PICSS, which includes Snorlax. But it's fine if you don't agree with PICSS.

Krooks did well in BW, but so did Snorlax in Johto. Won the Sumo contest, 1-1 against Clair, and then 2-1, 2-1 stat lines against Gary and Harrison at the league. Then he backed it up going 2-0 against a Frontier Brain. I wish Krookodile got more battles; it's a shame that Ash didn't use him against Cameron, otherwise he probably would have won that match.

AuraGuardian448

Aura Guardian
Despite the Top 6 having always been painfully obvious prior to XY, many.. many still had no idea what they were talking about when they listed Ash's top 6 strongest.

This thread is interesting though, and I did miss out on the A Team thread. Never actually contemplated a B Team, I've always focused on the A Team. Hmm, well excluding Ash's Kalos mons, I guess I'd have to go with:

Team B
- Pignite (is god terribly underrated. 1. It's like his battling record is ignored out of the fact people don't want to believe Ash's Pignite is strong. Lost only one Gym battle without beating a single opponent, something Talonflame is getting a lot of praise for though. 2. Won the Sumo tournament post league and managed to take down a Rypherior and Golurk in that same tournament. 3. Was the Pokemon responsible for taking down Cameron's strongest Pokemon in the Vertress Conference, the same way Sceptile defeated Tobias' strongest in its respective conference. 4. Was the only Pokemon aside from Alder's Bouffulant to take at least one hit from Trip's Superior in the Junior Cup and even took another hit - Solarbeam - after that and was still able to go on. 5. Defeated both an Emboar and Heatmor at the sametime with a mere Fire Pledge in a Double Battle, which is essentially more creditable than Fletchinder beating Talonflame, and no they were not damaged extremely badly prior to defeat. 6. Was literally and caught up to Dawn's Mamoswine in strength/power, despite Dawn having had and trained it longer than Ash did his Pignite. Take into account Pignite was not even in its final form. Who knows what else I missed.

Tired of people downplaying Pignite.. because of the generation it came from. It's unforgivable.)

- Swellow (Staraptor was very good to though, but Swellow is better)

- Kingler (in theory)

- Heracross

- Glalie

- Gible (its performance in the Lily of the Valley Conference as well as Tobias' claim/praise himelf on its Draco Meteor clearly gives it a reserved spot for B Team)

Honorable mentions (Bulbasaur, Krookodile, Gliscor)

Bulbasaur. Only way he could make it on this list is if it replaced Kingler or Swellow. Does anybody actually think Bulb is better than Swellow or Kingler? (Not a rhetorical question this time.)

Krookodile (who appears to be overrated) objectively did not do enough to prove he deserves a spots on the B Team. He lost his first Gym Battle as a Pokemon (Krokorok) period. His battles against Pikachu before his capture had Pikachu struggling because its a ground type. Its only other relevant Gym fight, it won, but that's the only credited Gym win it gets. Yes it beat Iris' Dragonite in that side tournament, but it actually needed the evolution boost AND/PLUS it needed a super effective move, thus not winning with its other moves/evolution alone. You know how many of Ash's Pokemon never actually needed a super effective move to win fights they were initially losing, not to mention after evolution also? So this Dragonite praise is clearly overrated also. Since the double battle it had with Pikachu was nothing of praise, the only other battle worth mentioning it did good in, was the conference fight with Stephan. And even that wasn't all that impressive. Once again for the third time, it struggled against its first opponent, and nearly lost along with it. It may have beat Stephan's Sawk but that's obviously because Leavanny had put a huge beating on it. It's not like Krookodile actually pulled a Snorlax, Pikachu, Charizard, and others of Ash's Pokemon who have knocked out two Pokemon consectively without breaks and without relying on another Pokemon to put damage on them.

Krookodile alongside with Gliscor would definitely be in Team C though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.