• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ash's best Flying Type Pokemon

Ash's best Flying Type

• Pidgeot

Votes: 18 14.9%
  • Noctowl

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Swellow

Votes: 34 28.1%
  • Staraptor

Votes: 58 47.9%
  • Unfezant

Votes: 2 1.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Red and Blue

Ash's Best Regional Bird Pokemon

Title says it all, who do you think is Ash's best regional bird(I'm excluding his recently caught Fletchling since he is new)?

Last edited:

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Staraptor because it had the best moves out of all the others. Brave bird and close combat were pretty good moves imo.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Swellow and Staraptor were easily the two best fighters with the most wins.

Noctowl was good but only had a few battles, and Tranquil was the weakest. I can't count Pidgeot because Ash doesn't have it anymore.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
Staraptor maybe had the moveset, but I think Swellow did a great job as well. I voted for Swellow, though Staraptor would probably be equally good (although I think Swellow was slightly better). :p

Navin

MALDREAD
Swellow is definitely better than Staraptor. Staraptor wasn't bad, but he wasn't great either. Swellow had great performances throughout the Hoenn region, especially during the league, and Battle Frontier. Except from the Trollbias episode, I always remember him taking out at least one Pokemon before he was ever knocked out. If P.I.C.S.S. is Ash's tier-1, then Swellow is easily in the tier-2s.

Red and Blue

while Staraptor has a better moveset, I think that Swellow is a stronger battler. I honestly think he was second only to Sceptile out of Ash's Hoenn team

munchlaxboy

Catching up on XY
Swellow is definitely better than Staraptor. Staraptor wasn't bad, but he wasn't great either. Swellow had great performances throughout the Hoenn region, especially during the league, and Battle Frontier. Except from the Trollbias episode, I always remember him taking out at least one Pokemon before he was ever knocked out. If P.I.C.S.S. is Ash's tier-1, then Swellow is easily in the tier-2s.

I find it to be quite sad that I actually was able to figure out what "P.I.C.S.S." means. :( haha

That's when you know that you're too hardcore of a Pokemon fan.

Navin

MALDREAD
The Hoenn team is one of his best, maybe even better than his Sinnoh team that most people seem to think was his finest.

Sceptile, Glalie, and Swellow are all very good, and are tier-1/tier-2s. Even Corphish was also pretty good, and I don't see Buizel or Squirtle being really much better than him. I'd say only Torkoal was the Pokemon that was weaker than the others, but even he had some strong showings such as against Registeel.

I find it to be quite sad that I actually was able to figure out what "P.I.C.S.S." means. :( haha

That's when you know that you're too hardcore of a Pokemon fan.

Well it's an an acronym I made up because pretty much everyone says those five are the best. And I don't like typing it up all the time.

The Hoenn team is one of his best, maybe even better than his Sinnoh team that most people seem to think was his finest.

Sceptile, Glalie, and Swellow are all very good, and are tier-1/tier-2s. Even Corphish was also pretty good, and I don't see Buizel or Squirtle being really much better than him. I'd say only Torkoal was the Pokemon that was weaker than the others, but even he had some strong showings such as against Registeel.

Well it's an an acronym I made up because pretty much everyone says those five are the best. And I don't like typing it up all the time.
infernape wasnt that good i wouldnt put it in the same class as the others, most of his wins were caused because of his back ground with paul and was ash's main pokemon in sinnoh. ash showed that he can use squirtle better than his other water types and in different situations.

back on topic: why isnt charizard included he is part flying type? but i voted swellow because he had a great showing in all of AG its only bad appearance was in the sinnoh league

Red and Blue

infernape wasnt that good i wouldnt put it in the same class as the others, most of his wins were caused because of his back ground with paul and was ash's main pokemon in sinnoh. ash showed that he can use squirtle better than his other water types and in different situations.

back on topic: why isnt charizard included he is part flying type? but i voted swellow because he had a great showing in all of AG its only bad appearance was in the sinnoh league

when I said "best flying type" I meant his best bird pokemon. Probably should have been more specific.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
when I said "best flying type" I meant his best bird pokemon. Probably should have been more specific.

Then you should've said best Regional Bird, besides, would it really be that skewed to simply include Gliscor and Charizard?

Regardless of that, Staraptor or Swellow are mainly tied for usefullness.

Charizard and Gliscor come afterwards, and the rest rest, comes a long way below, considering their overall performance.

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
Staraptor and Swellow are in a league of their own compared to the other two birds (though if Fletching fully evolves it might surpass the other two as Talonflame is a boss)
But IMO while Swellow has unbelievable stamina and is a tank, Staraptor edges as its pretty durable too and has the better and more flexible moveset.
Noctowl and Pidgeot are okay (IMO Pidgeot gets overrated due to the Nostalgia factor, its good but not his best bird).
Unfezant gets shat on by all the others.

Red and Blue

So no one voted for Unfezant? LOL. I don't think she's as strong as Staraptor or Swellow, but I felt she was more useful than both Pidgeot and Noctowl tbh.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Smh at the people who voted for Staraptor based on his move set. Some people need to go back and watch the Sinnoh league.

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
Swellow's resume is easily better than Staraptor's. Not sure why Staraptor is winning- this shouldn't even be a contest.

Moveset means absolutely nothing if the bird doesn't have the power, speed, and stamina behind it.

Staraptor does though. IMO and I'm guessing for most its a tossup between the two and Staraptor's diversity and flexibility barely outranks Swellow's beastly attributes.

LizardonX

Banned
Swellow's resume is easily better than Staraptor's. Not sure why Staraptor is winning- this shouldn't even be a contest.

Moveset means absolutely nothing if the bird doesn't have the power, speed, and stamina behind it.

Because most of those wins were absurd DEM fests. Staraptor's wins were actually legit and believable.

Navin

MALDREAD
Staraptor does though. IMO and I'm guessing for most its a tossup between the two and Staraptor's diversity and flexibility barely outranks Swellow's beastly attributes.

Except it isn't...his only win at the Sinnoh League was against Nando's Roserade. He didn't score any wins against Paul at the league. The Pokeringer contest wasn't really a battle (although I can agree with Staraptor > Honchkrow), and Paul's Weavile isn't one of Paul's best.

At the Hoenn League, Swellow beat Katie's Venomoth and Scizor, tied with Morrison's Gligar, and defeated eventual champion Tyson's Hariyama and Donphan, and cracked Metagross's armor. He and Corphish beat Frontier Brain Tucker's Arcanine/Swampert, and he beats Frontier Brain Spenser's Venusaur (which just beat Heracross).

Like I said, just because Staraptor knows Brave Bird and Close Combat doesn't mean he'll be better if Swellow is faster, stronger, and tougher.

Because most of those wins were absurd DEM fests. Staraptor's wins were actually legit and believable.

It doesn't matter if you call it DEM or not...those are still his wins, and they just can't be thrown out because they were ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.