• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ash's best Flying Type Pokemon

Ash's best Flying Type

• Pidgeot

Votes: 18 14.9%
  • Noctowl

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Swellow

Votes: 34 28.1%
  • Staraptor

Votes: 58 47.9%
  • Unfezant

Votes: 2 1.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

LizardonX

Banned
I like how literally no one picked unfezant and 7 went for the pokemon ash hasn't ever even used in a real battle before relasing it.

Pika Kong

None of the above, I pick Charizard.

Puddingg

Clefairy Lover ^_^
^ 100% agree. Swellow destroyed everything. Charizard did too, but it gets enough attention :/.

Akwakwak

I'm hungry
Swellow is clearly Ash's strongest bird Pokemon. In AG it always took out two Pokemon before going down itself and are people forgetting about the fact that he is immune to electric type attacks. Swellow was a victim of D/P the writers made Swellow lose against Latios because the only Pokemon that could stop it at that point was a Legendary. They couldn't have Swellow being immune to electric type attacks and being able to defeat a Legendary, it was already too OP at that point that they (the writers) robbed/cheated him out of a victory

Last edited:

Nodame

Misty <3
They all look the same to me lol, but I think I might go with Swellow.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I can't @ my good sis Unfezant getting none of the votes. Sexism. Someone will have to enlighten me on what makes Staraptor so great. :)

Torpoleon

Though I like Staraptor as a Pokémon more and it certainly does look cooler and have better moves, I'd still say Ash's Swellow is a little bit stronger.

Navin

MALDREAD
Well,the poll's name isn't "Ash's strongest Flying Type Pokemon".

Agreed, except for the fact that a lot of people voted for Staraptor thinking "best Flying Type" as "strongest Flying type." In which case all of their votes should go to Swellow.

I like Swellow's design,too,but not as much as Staraptor's.Not to mention Swellow's cry is very annoying.Also,it was Thunder Armor that ruined Swellow for me,not its moveset.If it learns Steel Wing or something cool(because Aerial Ace is an overused move in the show),then my opinion on Swellow will certainly change.

Y'know, Aerial Ace was a new move in the show during AG when Swellow used it. It only became "overused" afterwards.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
I voted Staraptor, but it's a clear cut tie between Swellow and Staraptor. Swellow was just as inconsistent in-between showcasing though, doing almost nothing as a Taillow till it's evolution episode. From there on out it defied all everything. Even then, this was the same Swellow that could only tie with Marrison's weaken Gligar, despite the fact it was not used in battle beforehand. How that translates to beating Hariyama and taking Rollouts from Donphan (even though unboosted), I'll never know. If I had to suggest why Swellow looked better, it was because only Pikachu, Groyvle, Chorpish, and the bird itself got any real hard time focus in the Hoenn league (Hoenn altogether really). Staraptor one the other hand, never got full time to itself, though it managed in it's time to complete feats of it's own. Contrary to popular belief, Paul's Weavile is not weak (even if it's never shown onscreen)... no way with what was displayed by Paul would he have kept Weavile if he deemed it weak like others like to claim, no he still has it as we saw it at Regi's house after Paul's defeat to Ash in the league. Staraptor taking Torterra's Stone Edge before also tanking a direct Blizzard proved it could be up to the task of Stamina. It then goes an takes blows to the back from a boosted Metal Claw multiple times, then counters the Claws with Close Combat before charging straight through a final Blizzard with Brave Bird, taking the recoil with it. Earlier in the series, it took out Paul's ridiculously powerful Honchkrow, who's only other lose was as a Murkrow to Cynthia's Garchomp.

If not for screentime issues, Staraptor had a legitimate shot of surpassing Swellow, because it showed some impressive feats as a Staravia as well (taking on all 3 of Maylene's Pokemon, surviving attacks from Honchkrow). But there's honestly no way of saying who's better because they have yet to battle each other (and likely never will) or at least a common foe.

Last edited:

xEryChan

Demon Child
I voted for Swellow. Out of all the regional birds, Swellow is by far my favorite and it was quite the fighter.

I like all of his regional birds but Swellow is by far the best, IMO.

Navin

MALDREAD
I seriously lol at those who say that Staraptor's victory against Paul's Weavile and his triumph over Honchkrow in a Pokeringer contest are better feats than those that Swellow has accumulated...Swellow is superior in strength, speed, and stamina. Staraptor has cool moves. You be the judge.

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
I seriously lol at those who say that Staraptor's victory against Paul's Weavile and his triumph over Honchkrow in a Pokeringer contest are better feats than those that Swellow has accumulated...Swellow is superior in strength, speed, and stamina. Staraptor has cool moves. You be the judge.

Well it seems like a near majority of people disagree with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.