• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ash's best team

• Kanto

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Johto

• Hoenn

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Sinnoh

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Unova

• Kalos

Votes: 14 56.0%
  • Alola

Votes: 3 12.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ethan Mantooth

Poke'fan68
I personally think Ash's Sinnoh team is the best Kalos is a close 2nd I just think his Sinnoh Team is better all around yes I know Greninja is super good but besides him Kalos team is good at best

Last edited:

blizzardblaze

Comp. Battler Who loves The Anime
wait if I may ask a question.
Um...what exactly is the relevance of posting trip and paul's best teams to a thread about ash's best team? just wondering.
I think it'd be either Sinnoh or Kalos because Ash showed a lot of skill, strategy, and overall competence in those regions, developing a strong bond with all of his Pokemon throughout the series...except maybe Primeape in the short time he caught it.

Doppelgänger

Superancient Member
His best real-world team is the one he fielded against Tobias: three regional aces (Pikachu, Sceptile, Heracross), powerful battling record (Swellow, Gible)...and Torkoal.

Every one of his regional teams except Alola has a Torkoal.

Johto: Totodile
Sinnoh: Torterra
Unova: Snivy
Kalos: Noivern

Other metrics:

Win %:

Alola
Sinnoh
Kalos

Evolutions:

Johto/Kalos (5/6)
Hoenn/Sinnoh/Orange (3/6)
Unova/Alola (1/6)

BST:

Kalos (3094)
Johto (2969)
Sinnoh (2674)
Tobias (2530)

Genaller

Silver Soul
In XYZ 33 Ash flat out says ‘this is my best team’ when referring to his Kalos team. Now that probably isn’t the best possible team he could’ve assembled at that point (e.g. Charizard > Talonflame), but I do think it is the best overall team that he’s actually assembled to use in battle which would mean better than any of the full teams he’s used till then including the teams he used at the Sinnoh League against Paul and Tobias. We can argue all we want about who’s stronger or who has better feats, but at the end of the day it’s very difficult to do accurate cross region power scaling without making several major assumptions, so when the trainer himself is giving us an explicit statement like this, it’s best to take his word for it.

Last edited:

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Kalos is probably his strongest regional team at this point. Before that, it'd be the team he used against Gary during the Silver Conference, or perhaps the team he used against Tobias.

PokemonKnight

#1 Sylveon Fan
Kalos.

He was so dominant that the anime largely skipped his curb stomp battles (unfortunately for no good reason) before he fought Sawyer. In every other league (excluding the Mandi battle in Indigo), he barely wins to satisfy the drama requirement that a main character shoulders.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
Its something like this-

Kanto>Hoenn>Kalos>=Sinnoh>>Alola>Unnova=Johto

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Regional team wise (the team made up of exclusively that particular region's Pokémon as of the league), it's:
Kalos>Sinnoh>Hoenn>Unova>Alola>
Kanto>Johto

Pretty obvious that it was always going to be between Kalos and Sinnoh, though I give the edge to Kalos. It felt like his most complete team till date, with a team that consisted of fully evolved Pokémon for the first time. I only put Unova ahead of Alola since I think Pignite and Krookodile are ahead of his Alola team. As for Johto being dead last, they really weren't treated very well, and were eventually overshadowed by the Kanto Pokémon anyway during the JL.

But of course, regional team aside, it's pretty much almost 'universally' agreed that his best team would be:
1. Pikachu
2. Charizard
3. Sceptile
4. Infernape
5. Greninja
6. Snorlax/Krookodile

J.Agera

[Top-notch Сasual Dating Authentic Ladies]
Brute force and Power wise, Kalos is his best team.
Variety wise, Sinnoh team is the best.

Kalos.

He was so dominant that the anime largely skipped his curb stomp battles (unfortunately for no good reason) before he fought Sawyer.

If I remember correctly, the director said that they were surprised by the sudden deadline reveal of the Anime, so they had to rush the league as they had an upcoming team Flare arc too.

Last edited:

Ryan McGlade

Kanto: Charizard!
Jotho: Heracross!
Hoenn: Sceptile!
Sinnoh: Infernape!
Unova: Krookodile!
Kalos: Greninja!
Alola: Incineroar!

Status
Not open for further replies.