• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ash's Best Water Type Pokemon?

Ash's Best Water Type

• Squirtle

Votes: 20 21.7%
  • Kingler

Votes: 11 12.0%
  • Lapras

Votes: 7 7.6%
  • Totodile

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Corphish

Votes: 7 7.6%
  • Buizel

Votes: 26 28.3%
  • Oshawott

Votes: 14 15.2%
  • Palpitoad

Votes: 3 3.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
Title says it all. We already have the best regional bird thread so I figured let's see what people think for this one (excluding Froakie since its still new). By best I mean in terms of reliability and dependability in battle. Basically which would you pick to battle for you.

Last edited:

Kuvario

I am who I am...because of them.
Buizel for life, I love that Pokémon during DP, he's had so many moment's of coolness! Btw, I'm trying not to swear AT ALL! Oshawott and Palpitoad were so boring, from Oshawott's cutesy-wutesy act to grab Ash's attention, which was ok when a certain Grass type did it, but Oshawott I hate! And about Palpitoad, eh no personality thanks to da writers.

Last edited:
Buizel.

Although looking at this shows me that Ash never has his water types evolve. I really hope Froakie breaks this trend. Greninja is one of my favorite water types.

Mr. Ribbles

Cubchoo Lover

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
IMO this is between Squirtle and Buizel but Squirtle has more feats which barely gives him the edge.

chalkus

Buizel, easy. He was already super strong when Ash got him and he won his next two gym battles thanks to him. Thanks to the spin move, ice aqua jet and contest moves Buizel had already learnt prior to the trade, he was tough to beat.

Navin

MALDREAD
Is this going to be "best" as in the strongest in battling or personal favorite?

In terms of battling, Buizel is overrated. He had a lot of flash and hype but leveled off at the end of DP. Not saying he sucks, but Corphish has shown throughout Hoenn/BF that he is as good as Buizel, if not better.

However, personally I would say that Kingler is the best thanks to this clip alone: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6GVDSVHYUA Ridiculously OP...
Also, Kingler solo'd an entire League Conference match.

(hopefully Greninja) > Kingler > Corphish = Buizel = Squirtle > Oshawott > Totodile = Palpitoad

Last edited:

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
Best in terms of battling prowess and dependability.

Navin

MALDREAD
Best in terms of battling prowess and dependability.

Well there has yet to be a Water-type powerhouse for Ash (maybe Froakie will change that). And even though Kingler's battling resume is very limited, he was a complete bad*** in all of them and scored at least a win in all of them. At the very least, I can't say that Buizel shows himself to be any better than Corphish and Squirtle.

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
Well there has yet to be a Water-type powerhouse for Ash (maybe Froakie will change that). And even though Kingler's battling resume is very limited, he was a complete bad*** in all of them and scored at least a win in all of them. At the very least, I can't say that Buizel shows himself to be any better than Corphish and Squirtle.

Squirtle is more well balanced than Buizel though Buizel is more of a scrapper. Kingler is beast but his appearances have been too limited for me (*cough*Kalos League*cough*). Corphish is decent but not on the level of Squirtle and Buizel for me. Oshawott is too in flux IMO. Lapras wasn't really a battler. Totodile doesn't have the deep batting prowess as well. Palpitoad was just meh.
Though I'm hoping Greninja because a freaking beast and joins the PCISS group.

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
If I had to pick one for a battle, I'd take Kingler. His Crabhammer on water = Hydro Cannon + Whirlpool + Surf combined with broken levels of power.

Honestly this dude needs another badass league appearance. I want to pick him as best battler but I haven't seen enough of him.

Navin

MALDREAD
I'm surprised Oshawott has so many votes and Corphish doesn't at least have one.

Because of popularity. Corphish was every bit as tough as Squirtle or Buizel but he was overshadowed in AG by Sceptile and Swellow and arguably Glalie.

Honestly this dude needs another badass league appearance. I want to pick him as best battler but I haven't seen enough of him.

Kingler will never return, but he'll always be remembered.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
I voted Palpitoad for the hell of it. BUT:

Coolness? I go with Kingler & Palpitoad (then again I love every Gen V Pokémon so it gets my vote here with Kingler).
Strongest? I go with Buizel
Cuteness? Oshawott for sure.

I also like Totodile & Corphish and I would put them as most funniest. I never really was a huge fan of Squirtle tbh.

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
Somehow I have a feeling that if Kingler returns, he won't be as OP as he was before.

As long as he puts in a decent performance (1-2 wins and no losses in a pre Quarterfinal match I'd be happy)

Status
Not open for further replies.