1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Ash's Butterfree

Discussion in 'Pokémon Animé Discussion' started by Roy9, Feb 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roy9

Roy9 Sinnoh Master

I thought, wouldn't be cool if Ash' Butterfree an pink Butterfree are flying over in an random episode from gen VI
    Butterfree and Pink Butterfree wanted to stay with Ash and Ash uses them both (or only Butterfree) in the league.

2. deh74

deh74 Seine Majestät

I don't think that they would bring back his butterfree agree all this time since was released so long ago and he only had it got like 20 episodes.

Did he really use out in the lindigo eague?

3. MattySadler

MattySadler Well-Known Member

Nice for the long term fans but otherwise I think it'd be a novelty lost on most. If Butterfree was going to make a comeback it should've been ages ago.

4. CyberCubed

CyberCubed Banned

Ash did bring up Butterfree back in DP.

5. Dew Watatsumi

Dew Watatsumi Water Type E-3

No, but in the first hoenn opening (jp), Ash and May were seen riding the two butterfree

6. thecutecelefable

thecutecelefable the fairy trainer

I think butterfree is dead don't butterflies die after laying eggs?

7. Pidjiken

Pidjiken IV Breeder

Fairly positive Buterfree die after mating.

8. DarthVader

DarthVader Well-Known Member

That would be nice (not that I watch the anime), but it won't happen.

9. *~Silver*~

*~Silver*~ Well-Known Member

I think Butterfree might be mentioned, but I don't think it will return, and to be honest after all this time I don't quite want it to return. It's just been too long, and I doubt Ash would be able to have a real battle with it anymore because of the time space.

10. Liz Azzimagica

Liz Azzimagica Angelic Trainer

it really would be nice if he returned sometime (along with Pidgeot) but you never know...I mean, look how much time apart ash and charaizard have and they still come together and battle

11. Acdog

Acdog Well-Known Member

Butterfree, Pidgeot, and Primeape will probably never appear again until the end of the series. Even then, it would probably be in a flashback montage of all the Pokemon Ash has owned.

12. *~Silver*~

*~Silver*~ Well-Known Member

I think this is probably the most likely, as well as the best thing they could do with the minor Pokemon that Ash had for only a few episodes. As well as Pokemon like Kingler which mostly just stayed with Professor Oak.

13. Bearcubxox

Bearcubxox Well-Known Member

Lol omg I forgot the rumour that his butterfree died after breeding lol, it was a rumour but the writers did confirm he didn't.

14. pacman000

pacman000 Well-Known Member

The first line might be a cool in-joke for older fans.
    The second line may be going too far.

They don't; that rumor was probably started by a translation error. http://dogasu.bulbagarden.net/comparisons/kanto/ep021.html

15. rajin90

rajin90 New Member

that was first of 2nd season season i guess and it had left ash . well if they had mated and produced new generation then maybe butterfly can return .

16. Canada

Canada Banned

You're right. It wouldn't be cool.
    Thank arceus for typos. ^^

Two Butterfree, one that he hardly even trained and another that he didn't would be destroyed in a pokemon league competition. Besides that, I like to believe that they're dead.

17. Zoruagible

Zoruagible Lucario Lover

They showed they remembered Primeape in one of the recent openings so if he returns Butterfree has a chance

18. ((JAWS))

((JAWS)) Sinnoh Trainer

Charizard needs to come back, so does pidgeotto. It would be a nice little Easter egg though.

19. Tf916

Tf916 Parappa the Rapper

We need Lapras to return instead... lol

20. ((JAWS))

((JAWS)) Sinnoh Trainer

^Very true as well. Gary's blastoise came back.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.