• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ash's BW Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cerex

I did a quick count on my fingers yesterday and I saw that after the egg hatches, Ash would have filled up all of his available slots for Pokemon on his team. And it's only a few couple episodes into the new arcs.

I can't remember Ash filling up his available slots so quickly (has he ever filled up this quickly?). It always seemed that he went through the region adding gradually, and only filling up towards the league battle. It is also weird that he has all of the starters, so early too.

If I remember correctly he really does not go back to Oak to access old Pokemon once in a new region, if it isn't for the league battle, and he usually doesn't send any of the Pokemon he captures back, because he usually has room for everything. (Is Oak even back at his lab or is he still in Unova with Ash's mom?)

Of course things could be different now and/or he could trade or give some of his Pokemon away to other trainers to make room, because it just seems really strange to fill up his team this quickly, and with starters to boot.

What are your thoughts?

ChaosMage

Izit cuz I is black?
This belongs in spoilers. Just a warning.

In Kanto he had a full team by episode 12, he technically always had a full team in Johto (he let Charizard, Squirtle and Bulbasaur go just in time for the captures of Cyndaquil, Totodile and Phanpy respectively) while in Sinnoh it took until Episode 64 but the pace was far slower than Unova. So it's not unheard of, but you can expect his team to change at least once or twice in the future.

Blitz Lucario

I am happy that Ash has all 3 starters again and hope that they will evolve at some point in the series. My only real concern for his team in Best Wishes is with all the Pokemon that he will have on reserve. Hopefully the writers will be able to balance screen time for each of them.

pokechamp95

kanto champion
i think only tepig will fully evolve and snivy maybe second stage but oshawott no all of his water starters never evolve and pidove fully evolve of course but im not sure about zugurru or how ever you spell it

Blitz Lucario

I actually hope that Oshawott will evolve into a Daikenki. Having it it evolve would prove that it is growing as a young inexperience Pokemon to becoming a powerful Daikenki that could serve Ash well.

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
Shouldn't this be on uh...... erm...... Next Pokemon Thread IV? Kinda obvious but who knows.

I am happy that Ash has all 3 starters again and hope that they will evolve at some point in the series. My only real concern for his team in Best Wishes is with all the Pokemon that he will have on reserve. Hopefully the writers will be able to balance screen time for each of them.

i think only tepig will fully evolve and snivy maybe second stage but oshawott no all of his water starters never evolve and pidove fully evolve of course but im not sure about zugurru or how ever you spell it

I actually hope that Oshawott will evolve into a Daikenki. Having it it evolve would prove that it is growing as a young inexperience Pokemon to becoming a powerful Daikenki that could serve Ash well.

Same as above comment.... take this up to the Next Pokemon Thread IV.... please.:)

Brandon00151

Personally I think Ash will catch more pokemon this arc than any previous arc, or at least the main cast will catch more pokemon than any other main cast in past arcs or maybe both.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
I think he will capture a few more pokemon later, maybe even trade 1 or 2 of them. This league is gonna be much earlier than the Sinnoh league there we waited 4-5 years. Because of that his team should be ready, evolved and developed for the Unova league.

Legendary Dreams

I think we might finally get to see a fully evlolved team...minus pikachu ofc.

This.

I hope Ash has a fully evolved team (except Pikachu, for obvious reasons) right before the leaque.

He might even have a few fully-evolved Pokemon on the sidelines and some unevolved ones as well.

IMPERIAL DRAGON

Enemy Of Reality
I’m hoping this just signifies a more professional and improved approach to how Ash handles his team. He improves each region and he made a lot of progress last region, having an almost fully evolved team, but this time round I think all his pokemon will fully evolve, aside from Pikachu and Snivy who’ll will only reach the middle stage, and Ash will learn to handle an evolved team while also rotating certain team members, just like Gary used to back in the day.

Elxar

He can get an almost fully evolved team, because at least one of them will stay in base form.

Trapman

Bazinga!!
I hope he captures some more pokemon and rotates them around.

I don´t like Ash getting all the starters, it makes his team unvaried. Hoenn was the best region regarding the starters cause he only got one and therefore had more space for catching some unusual pokemon like Torkoal and Glalie instead of the usual fire, water and grass combo.

Jaggy101

I'm Jaggy and proud
^^^ Yeah, i dislike him having all starters because its not imaginative, Unova is a cool region and with some cool looking pokemon and with Ash getting the 3 starters and the bird (usual) its not fun, if he had errm...Kaburumo, One of the fossil pokemon or Nageki instead of at least 1 of the starters, i think ash would have a original team and less cliche.

BlueVapor

(Is Oak even back at his lab or is he still in Unova with Ash's mom?)

I'm pretty sure Oak and Delia are still in Unova with Juniper. They never said that they were going back. I imagine that Oak and Delia will probably watch Ash's league in Unova, providing they're still in Unova, and then Ash (and maybe Iris and Dento), will fly back to Pallet on that water plane thing. Then Oak and Delia will probaby stay in Pallet, while Ash (and maybe Iris and Dento), travel to wherever.

In short: I think Oak and Delia are still in Unova.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
I find his BW team boring if only because it's the same generic team he has each region, Pikachu, fire Pokemon, water Pokemon, grass Pokemon, bird Pokemon, random Pokemon. It also doesn't help that the fire, water, and grass Pokemon were all starters making it even more boring. Of all the 156 new Pokemon we got he get's these guys. The writers will probably never leave there comfort zone when it comes to Ash. I mean when you get right down to it they always end up learning the same moves anyway, and the thought of Ash rotating on a regular basis is funny. I believe it when I see it. I agree with someone above, his Hoenn team was really unique because even though he had the same formula he always used at least he only used one starter and a bunch of other Pokemon you wouldn't even dream of him getting that were not marketable at all.

An00bis

Wicked Witch
I can't remember Ash filling up his available slots so quickly (has he ever filled up this quickly?).

Ash had a Full Team by episode 12 in Kanto and Episode 3 in Johto. He also entered the Kanto Battle Frontier with a Full Team.

If I remember correctly he really does not go back to Oak to access old Pokemon once in a new region

Normally he accesses his reserves at least once a region. Even in Hoenn where it was mainly about the Hoenn Team all the way he accessed his reserves once to retrieve his long-Oaked Bulbasaur.

(Is Oak even back at his lab or is he still in Unova with Ash's mom?)

He is in Unova, but we can assume that Tracey is still back at the lab doing the normal routine. The Pokemon at the lab still have to be fed, after all.

What are your thoughts?

Shouldn't this be on uh...... erm...... Next Pokemon Thread IV

and the thought of Ash rotating on a regular basis is funny. I believe it when I see it.

... Johto?

Seriously. There's sort of a sweet spot between the end of Kanto and the end of Johto where Ash was willing to dig into his reserves for completely random reasons. Ash's Battle Frontier approach (2 normal Pokemon and a Reserve) is notable too.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I find his BW team boring if only because it's the same generic team he has each region, Pikachu, fire Pokemon, water Pokemon, grass Pokemon, bird Pokemon, random Pokemon. It also doesn't help that the fire, water, and grass Pokemon were all starters making it even more boring. Of all the 156 new Pokemon we got he get's these guys. The writers will probably never leave there comfort zone when it comes to Ash. I mean when you get right down to it they always end up learning the same moves anyway, and the thought of Ash rotating on a regular basis is funny. I believe it when I see it. I agree with someone above, his Hoenn team was really unique because even though he had the same formula he always used at least he only used one starter and a bunch of other Pokemon you wouldn't even dream of him getting that were not marketable at all.

I agree. I don't find Ash getting all the starters again interesting, even though I know why they did it.

The only thing that can save this team for me is if Ash gets three fully evolved starters by the time we get to the end of the league. Then I'll be mostly fine.

shac

I agree. I don't find Ash getting all the starters again interesting, even though I know why they did it.

The only thing that can save this team for me is if Ash gets three fully evolved starters by the time we get to the end of the league. Then I'll be mostly fine.

they did not have much choice really. Iris and Dento are not doing anything broad enough to showcase the starters. There is no contest in this gen and we all know what happened to mudkip with Brock. Although two major opponents, Shooti and Bianca having the two starters sort of compensate for that. But they always want to showcase the starters widely to improve their marketability. Hence they gave all three to Ash. I, personally, don't mind Ash getting all three starters as long as they are handled properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.