• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ash's Champion League team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Covcraig

Hey,

If Ash does manage to win the Unova league this time around and progress to the Champions league, who do you think he'd have in his team say if he got to the final battle against Cynthia?

He has a wide range of Pokemon from all the regions at various different evolution stages which will include the inevitible evolution of some of his Unova pokemon which would give him a wide range of Powerhouses, in my opinion, I think his team would consist of the following:-

Pikachu - Ofcourse he'll use his Pikachu which he's had since episode one, and if this was to tie up his overall journey and the anime its only fitting that he'd be on the squad.

Charizard - Probably the strongest fire type Pokemon he's obtained, atleast percieved to be the strongest with all the extensive training its undertook at the Charisific Valley.

Sceptile - In my opinion Ash's strongest Pokemon from the Hoenn saga and strongest Pokemon of grass type that he's caught and trained, no offence to Bulbasaur, but if Ash is pulling out the big guns, i'd say Sceptile would be his choice

Samurott - Im going to go out on a limb and say that this season the writers are going to give into the fans and have Ash finally get a main water starter Pokemon in his team to reach its final evolutionary form. Oshawatt has been featured since the first episode of B/W and I personally cant see it getting to the Unova league at its first or second form.

Im not really sure who else he'd use, I mean... I'd like to think he'd train Gible up to atleast a Gabite in the story arc giving him a dragon type, also Infernape would be an awesome addition but he's already got a fire type there, I dunno lol, what do you guys think?

Haunter ゴースト

I've always thought of this too, if he were to ever put together a team using a Pokemon from each Gen.

If he were to win the league in Unova, and then enter the Champions League, I would also say that since he was given Pikachu, he didn't technically catch a Kanto Pokemon and therefore uses two Kanto's.

Anyway:

-Pikachu

-Charizard

-Heracross (Heracross is a tough one, but possibly Noctowl since he would have no bird type).

-Sceptile

-Infernape (problem being he would have two major fire types)

-Samurott (If he gets it)

Morcombe

Pikachu
Charizard / Typhlosion / Infernape
Samurott / Feraligatr
Sceptile / Torterra / Serperior
Swollow/Staraptor
Heracross / Gible > Gabite > Garchomp

Mew2

Team Rocket's Enemy
Here's the team I think would be the best:

Pikachu - As is there's any doubt that his starter would be there.

Charizard - Arguably Ash's strongest Pokémon of all. He's also highly versatile being able to fly and strike from long range.

Sceptile - Ash's strongest Grass-type on pure power and speed. Like Charizard and Pikachu, he also managed to take down a legendary Pokémon.

Snorlax - Another powerhouse for Ash with a good move pool.

Unova Powerhouse (likely Samurrot) - If it's Samurrot, not only will he be strong, but Ash will finally have a fully evolved Water-type with powerful moves.

Bulbasaur - He's not the strongest on the team, or the fastest, but his support move pool, with Sleep Powder and Leech Seed will be a godsend against Cynthia's team. Put him in to put a Pokémon to sleep, Leech Seed it, switch out, and watch the fireworks go off, especially if Bulbasaur sets up for Charizard, Sceptile, or Snorlax. Repeat until Cynthia catches on, but by the time, Ash may have a big enough advantage that it will be too late, especially since Bulbasaur is no slouch in power, either.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
Out of his current Pokemon, I would personally want him to use:

Pikachu
Charizard
Kingler
Sceptile
Gliscor
Snorlax

However, if Pikachu could sit it out, i'd probably put Heracross in its place..

Spacialrend

Gallade owns
Pikachu
Charizard
Snorlax
Sceptile
Infernape
Samurott or Heracross

I-am-the-peel

Justice Forever
Pikachu
Charizard
Snorlax
Sceptile
Gliscor
Samurott
If Gabite/Garchomp comes or Samurott doesn't happen, I'll redo this but for now, this seems like one of the best possible line ups for Ash in a champion battle.

ShinyCharyZard

Infernape really wasn't the all-powerful being that everyone made it out to be, so I honestly don't think it would deserve a spot in the Champion battle (unless it was against Cynthia, then it would probably be expected).

Heck, it was pretty average until Blaze activated, so really its no better than Cyndaquil who was also pretty average (and would've had that power boost through Blaze too).

hustenapfel

Currently:

- Pikachu (figures...)

- Charizard (STILL outclasses even Infernape by dimensions, if you ask me...)

- Snorlax (That thing's just a god, nuff said)

- Heracross (While not as constant as the likes of Charizard, Sceptile, and co., I just think it deserves that honor...)

- Sceptile (Strongest and most stable Grass-Type, IMO)

- Glalie (Another pearl in Ash's treasure chest, give it Water Pulse and it'll be a serious force to be reckoned with)

- Gliscor (Shown to have grown into a real powerhouse during Ash VS Paul)

If Oshawott goes all the way to Samurott:

Same as above, but using Samurott instead of Glalie.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I think he'd use:
Pikachu
Samurott
Sceptile
Charizard
Infernape
Snorlax or Gible

Indianocean

Legendary trainer
if we are talking about the champion's league, i beleive he will use his best,that is his oldest team of kanto

but according to me it should be

pikachu (ash's starter so)

sceptile

charizard

peugeot (remember i'l come back for you & stuff)

squirtle only if it evolves, otherwise i really really wish it's kingler as hhe is ash's strongest water pokemon (screw you totodile,buizel)

snorlax (if it is not sleeping), or infernape

~Sam~

Trader and Battler
pikachu
Staraptor
Charizard (why did he not make it to sinnoh leauge? Idk)
Sceptile
Crawdaunt (assuming corfish evolvs)
Heracross

Assassin9399

Wanna hug?
I don't think it would be fair for Ash to drive his car into the middle of the battle..

Awesome XD

But I don't think Squirtle will evolve, he's already awesome.

My guess:
Pikachu
Charizard
Gliscor
Sceptile
Snorlax
-Unova Pokemon-

But can't Ash just take all of his pokes and then choose which one he'll use each battle?

Blue Snover

Cold as ice
It's possibly unlikely that he'd get that far.

But if he ever did, this is the team i'd like to see him put together.

Sceptile
Pikachu - That's a given
Infernape
Noctowl
Glalie
Squirtle

ShinyCharyZard

Actually, since its called the Champion's' league, wouldn't Ash have to battle more than one person? So he wouldn't just be putting a single team together..

But yeah, for the final battle of said league I think it should be Pikachu, Charizard, Kingler, Sceptile, Snorlax and Gliscor.. like I said before.

Grey Wind

I would say:

-Pikachu
-Charizard
-Sceptile
-Snorlax
-Samurott, if he gets one.
-Infernape

I could see Gliscor and Heracross being used though, as a lot of Infernapes wins were down to Blaze.

Status
Not open for further replies.