• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ash's Champion League team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
That doesn't have anything to do with that. I just like that team better because it's Red's team in the game minus him using Lapras. I'm not against any pacific Pokemon ofr anything I was just posting my team favorite.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Here is his best team:

Pikachu(Well his only electric type so not the hardest choice)
Charizard(This needs no explaining)
Sceptile(No explaining needed)
Swellow(His most powerful bird, plus guts makes it a pain to kill so it would be a beast)
Snorlax(Really doesn't need explanation)
Crawdaunt(I would hope to god he evolved by then lol, strongest water type)

This is his team that would probably give him the best chance of winning.

Blazicken

Sex on fire
pikachu, only cause if the writers (pretty sure they'll give it a miraculous win somehow)
Sceptile
Charizard (flying)
Infernape (fighting) hopefully replaced by Samurott (though higly unlikely)
Snorlax
gible (evolving it would be ideal)

I-am-the-peel

Justice Forever
Pikachu-Not going anywhere
Charizard-None of Ash's other fire types live up to it's strength. Infernape relies on Blaze, Torkoal is the weakest pokemon ash has ever had and if Quilava trained more with Ash, it might beat Charizard.
Sceptile-Pretty much the grass version of Charizard. Could be replaced by Snivy once Unova is over however, unless it learns a new unique move.
Samurott/Floatzel/Kingler/Squirtle/Palpitoad-Seismitoad-I want Ash to have a strong water type and if oshawott doesn't become a samurott, one of the old water pokes should fully evolve. If that doesn't happen, evolve palpitoad or make him stronger. If THAT can't happen, send in squirtle or Kingler.
Snorlax-He has had impressive wins including Medicham and Hairyama. Nice moves and insanely fast for a snorlax. He is as strong as Charizard.
Gliscor/Heracross/Glalie-Until one of these or another one of Ash's pokemon defeat a legendary pokemon, I'll say Gliscor or Heracross. Glalie is awesome but I think one of Ash's unova pokemon or other pokemon will defeat a legendary first.

Heres what I would like to see:

~Pikachu (Duh.)
~Snorlax
~Heracross
~Donphan
~Noctowl
~Glalie

Here's a second one I'd like:

~Pikachu
~Quilava
~Bayleef
~Corphish
~Staraptor
~Gible

I'm not saying that these are the best teams by any means, but these two are ones that I'd like.

The team I want, highly unlikely though.
Raichu
Typhlosion
Sceptile
Samurott
Scrafty
Garchomp​

Most likely team.
PikaweakPikachu
Sceptile
Charizard
Seismitoad
Staraptor
Snorlax
(the above all were powerhouses from the beginning as is my understanding)

The Best team, which would give him the most versatility.
Emboar
Garchomp
Leavanny
Seismitoad
Staraptor
*insert another Catch from Unova that gives him good coverage*/snorlax

Haunter ゴースト

My personal wish team:

-Pikachu
-Charizard
-Sceptile
-Infernape
-Samurott
-Snorlax/Heracross/Muk/Kingler

The most realistic strategy team:

-Pikachu
-Infernape (no point with Charizard, already has a fire type and a regional flying type).
-Sceptile
-Samurott
-Noctowl/Swellow/Staraptor/Unfezant
-Muk/Snorlax/Heracross (Muk is a poison type so would come in handy, Snorlax powerful normal type, Heracross powerful bug although it is fighting and so is Infernape).

PikaweakPikachu

You mean the Pikachu that took out a Regice and drew with a Latios?

Last edited:

Haunter ゴースト

You mean the Pikachu that lost to a Level 5 Snivy?

Yes that is exactly the same Pikachu, your point?

He's shown as weak and strong throughout every saga up to this point in BW I'd say he's back in his game, it annoys me when members act like Pikachu's done nothing good.

P.S, Did it say Snivy was Level 5? No.

You mean the Pikachu that lost to a Level 5 Snivy?

They're not automatically level 5 in the anime. Somebody breeds and raises the starter Pokemon for the League until they are needed, as seen in the episode in which Brock gets his Mudkip. They could train and be with this person for a while before they are sent to the regional professor or Nurse Joy (as seen in an episode with Nurse Joy and Combusken). Snivy could have been somewhat strong before Trip got him.

Oh, AND Pikachu couldn't use two of his attacks against Snivy because of Zekrom.

It's not that Pikachu has done nothing good, It's that it is blown way out of proportion. that's why id don't watch the anime very much anymore.

A Pikachu cannot kill an Onix with a Thundershock, nor can it learn Volt tackle if it wasn't born with it. A battle between a Pikachu and Excadrill would be much faster, especially since the only move that could be semi-useful is resisted by Excadrill.

A Pikachu also cannot learn leer or Tackle. also, a thunder would destroy a Swellow, not protect it through "Friendship" or whatever.

Pokemon has blown this way out of proportion to make it seem like a decent Pokemon, though it lost to a Snivy after already going through four regions.

So yes, I call it Pikaweak or an Annoying Yellow rat because he gets to much credit compared to his other Pokemon.

Oh and a Pikachu that grows for another region before losing to a Snivy defeating a Regice? I call BS

edit: The Snivy wasnt very powerful if it lost to Ash's Snivy just a few episodes later.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
Onix was destroyed by Thunderbolt because it had been soaked by water, which conducts electricity. Yes, it still didn't make much sense for it to be affected considering its typing, but if you were expecting more from the very first saga of an anime about superpowered monsters, then something is up on your end, not theirs.

Swellow was always shown to have a certain resistance to electrical attacks. This was the anime's interpretation of Guts at the time, a Pokemon withstanding its weaknesses and using that to its advantage.

A five second battle, where Pikachu is obliterated by Excadrill would be boring and pointless. Type is not the only factor in a Pokemon battle, it is also dependant on skill and the trainers own tactics. If you'd like to see such poorly written battles with no thought put into them whatsoever, then its up to you to find another anime that shows no interest in drawing in new fans.

Pikachu goes through a power-limiting situation at the beginning of each region. If this didn't happen, he would be on a level much higher than any Pokemon Ash captures while travelling and thus, their very existance would be pointless because he could just blast through all of the gyms and everything with just Pikachu, no problem. In this particular region, Pikachu had been screwed over by Zekrom, leaving him without any use of his electric attacks. Not only that, but when he did try using electrical attacks, it completely exhausted him to the point where he was an unworthy opponent to pretty much anyone. Thus he was quite easily beaten by a Snivy which had in fact been trained enough to have learned Leaf Tornado before going to a new trainer.

Finally, in the episode that Ash captured his Snivy, they said that she'd most likely been previously trained due to her high level moves. Plus, the only reason she got the upper hand over Servine in that battle was thanks to Attract, as shown in their later battle where she lost after being unable to make the move hit.

Onix was destroyed by Thunderbolt because it had been soaked by water, which conducts electricity. Yes, it still didn't make much sense for it to be affected considering its typing, but if you were expecting more from the very first saga of an anime about superpowered monsters, then something is up on your end, not theirs.
Lolwut? even water/ground types are still un affected so it doesnt make any sense that simply soaking it would change that at all. also, why is wanting realism bad and on my end?

Swellow was always shown to have a certain resistance to electrical attacks. This was the anime's interpretation of Guts at the time, a Pokemon withstanding its weaknesses and using that to its advantage.
understandable, but i never noticed any mention of an electric resistance.

A five second battle, where Pikachu is obliterated by Excadrill would be boring and pointless. Type is not the only factor in a Pokemon battle, it is also dependant on skill and the trainers own tactics. If you'd like to see such poorly written battles with no thought put into them whatsoever, then its up to you to find another anime that shows no interest in drawing in new fans.
I prefer the games and yes, a moves typing power and correlating Pokemons typing, stats and resistances, along with level is whats important. you can be a noob and win if you're Pokemon are higher leveled and have a good enough moveset.

Pikachu goes through a power-limiting situation at the beginning of each region. If this didn't happen, he would be on a level much higher than any Pokemon Ash captures while travelling and thus, their very existance would be pointless because he could just blast through all of the gyms and everything with just Pikachu, no problem. In this particular region, Pikachu had been screwed over by Zekrom, leaving him without any use of his electric attacks. Not only that, but when he did try using electrical attacks, it completely exhausted him to the point where he was an unworthy opponent to pretty much anyone. Thus he was quite easily beaten by a Snivy which had in fact been trained enough to have learned Leaf Tornado before going to a new trainer.
I know he had to have been trained some, but the anime doesn't really agree with the games on moves (torterra not getting EQ right away) Ie: Ash's getting Leaf storm and Leaf blade at what is probably a lower level since it couldn't OHKO a frillish. This is why Ash needs to be replaced each region, so Pikachu doesn't go from pathetic>pathetic>so pathetic it loses to things it has beat easily in the past>slowly getting better>better>backwhere he is before the new region>slightly better than before, and the new trainer can learn things for the first time rather than the fifth time.

Iris: you have to weaken a Pokemon first.

Ash: Oh, that's the first time I've heard that apparantly, though I ranked very highly in several leagues and noone has heard of me suprisingly. Oh I also have several Pokemon being held for me that i weakened first but I still didn't realize that.
Finally, in the episode that Ash captured his Snivy, they said that she'd most likely been previously trained due to her high level moves. Plus, the only reason she got the upper hand over Servine in that battle was thanks to Attract, as shown in their later battle where she lost after being unable to make the move hit.

Wasn't paying attention to that episode but still, Ash needs to stop letting strangers do the grunt work for him.

Last edited:

DittoDude

The King of Town.
Pikachu
Charizard
Heracross
Sceptile
Gible/Gliscor
Samurott

Glalie would also be an interesting choice, but he needs a grass-type, since he has 5 of them.

I-am-the-peel

Justice Forever
I am going to think competitively for a moment:
-Gliscor-A physical wall who has already proven itself to be pretty strong and has nice strageties such as using Giga Impact and flying away for recharge.
-Lapras-For all we know, it could have had water absorb as an ability which could be beneficial. Might swap for Kingler who has shown nice tactics or Palpitoad/Seismitoad.
-Scrafty-Has a wide range of movepool and has decent defenses with good attack stats. Has a lot of potential.
-Garchomp-I know it is the champion's but Cynthia's Garchomp has shown it is capable of enduring a lot. Think of the power and survivability Ash could use in Gible/Garchomp.
-Prepare to see a shocking fire type-Typhlosion-I doubt Torkoal would ever be the best fire type and Infernape abuses blaze. I want to say Charizard, I really do but it is called upon. Gliscor is unknown but if Gliscor is revealed to be called upon, I'll either switch it or replace Typhlosion with Charizard. Quilava has shown a lot of power in it's short time during Sinnoh. I see a lot of potential. Typhlosion has decent defenses and good special attack, something this team is fairly lacking.
-Snorlax-A big massive tank that can run. Access to Protect, Rest, Ice Punch have made this thing great. Seeing this with even more moves like Sleep Talk, Gyro Ball or having access to Thick Fat would make me happier.

Well that's for a more competitive team but knowing ash, I doubt he will ever think like that. He will think of pokemon he has on him or in Oak's lab who have had big battles and will call them up. Sometimes it is good, othertimes it is bad. *Sigh* when will ash make a battle frontier team?

DittoDude

The King of Town.
I am going to think competitively for a moment:
-Gliscor-A physical wall who has already proven itself to be pretty strong and has nice strageties such as using Giga Impact and flying away for recharge.
-Lapras-For all we know, it could have had water absorb as an ability which could be beneficial. Might swap for Kingler who has shown nice tactics or Palpitoad/Seismitoad.
-Scrafty-Has a wide range of movepool and has decent defenses with good attack stats. Has a lot of potential.
-Garchomp-I know it is the champion's but Cynthia's Garchomp has shown it is capable of enduring a lot. Think of the power and survivability Ash could use in Gible/Garchomp.
-Prepare to see a shocking fire type-Typhlosion-I doubt Torkoal would ever be the best fire type and Infernape abuses blaze. I want to say Charizard, I really do but it is called upon. Gliscor is unknown but if Gliscor is revealed to be called upon, I'll either switch it or replace Typhlosion with Charizard. Quilava has shown a lot of power in it's short time during Sinnoh. I see a lot of potential. Typhlosion has decent defenses and good special attack, something this team is fairly lacking.
-Snorlax-A big massive tank that can run. Access to Protect, Rest, Ice Punch have made this thing great. Seeing this with even more moves like Sleep Talk, Gyro Ball or having access to Thick Fat would make me happier.

Well that's for a more competitive team but knowing ash, I doubt he will ever think like that. He will think of pokemon he has on him or in Oak's lab who have had big battles and will call them up. Sometimes it is good, othertimes it is bad. *Sigh* when will ash make a battle frontier team?

He released Lapras.

I-am-the-peel

Justice Forever
He released Lapras.

Could return, who knows. If it didn't, replace it with Kingler or Seismitoad if it happens. That's my suggestion anyway, a nice balanced team with good defenses and a good stat in something else. They all cover their weaknesses and there is at least one pokemon from each generation (I think).

jkig95123

For the Champion league Ash should use
1 Charizard- His most powerful pokemon good move pool it can fly to dodge

2 Sceptile- His most powerful Hoen pokemon also grass type with amazing speed and power

3 Snorlax- It has a great defense,speed,and power so it would be hard to beat

4 Samurott- If it evolves it will be Ash's water type powerhouse so he would use it

5 Garchomp- assuming it comes back and evolves it would be a great pokemon for him to use a pseudo legendary and dragon type

6 Pikachu- first pokemon, has beaten pseudo and legendary pokemon before and i can see it winning the battle for Ash like he did in the orange league and battle frontier:surfpika:

Haunter ゴースト

Most likely used team:

- Pikachu - Obviously
- Sceptile - Grass Powerhouse Starter of Hoenn
- Infernape - Fire Powerhouse Starter of Sinnoh
- Samurott - Water Powerhouse Starter of Unova
- Noctowl/Swellow/Staraptor/Unfeazant - A powerful regional flying type Pokemon.
- Any power house who would cover a new type (Snorlax/Donphan/Gigalith/Tauros/Muk/Glalie).

My personal want team:

-Pikachu
-Charizard
-Sceptile
-Samurott
-Snorlax
-Muk

Status
Not open for further replies.