• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ash's Champion League team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raichu:)

Fire Type Expert
i think if there is a champions league many more pokemon will be used, as id like to see more than one cataclismic battle!

i think for major players in the team we would have:
-Pikachu
-Charizard
-Sceptile
-Crawdant
-Snorlax
-Scrafty

Then substitute in and out every now and then:
-Dewott
-Donphan
-Noctowl
-Torterra
-Glalie
-Muk

Pikachu doesn't require any explanation.

Charizard, also no explanation needed.

Snorlax is often seen as Ash' third strongest Pokemon, after Charizard and Pikachu. Snorlax has done well in the Jotho League, and in Ash' gym battle against Clair.

Bayleef, Ash' most underrated and unappreciated Pokemon. Bayleef has been defeated only twice since its evolution, in the episode "Current Events". Both defeats were in the Jotho League, against Gary and Harrison. That means its raw achievements and win-loss-ratio are much better than any other of Ash' Pokemon. Statistically, Bayleef is Ash' strongest Pokemon. I know Bayleef isn't, but she definitely deserves to be on Ash' team of strongest Pokemon, without a doubt. Bayleef did in some important battles: as a Chikorita, against Bugsy, he single-handily won Ash a Storm Badge against Chuck and did an awesome job by defeating Harrison's Houndoom in the Jotho League. Bayleef is the first Pokemon I thought of when seeing the topic title.

Sceptile has done well in many battles, in the Battle Frontier. It is, in my opinion, stronger than Ash' Bulbasaur (but Ash' Bayleef is at least just as good as Sceptile).

That leaves one spot open, which could be filled by Muk, Tauros, Kingler, Donphan or Heracross.

I have to admit that I hate Gen IV and that I haven't even watched a single Gen V episode (and I don't want to). I'm biased, being a Gen I and II anime addict.

jrizza88

Meteorite
I would say:

-Pikachu
-Charizard
-Sceptile
-Snorlax
-Samurott, if he gets one.
-Infernape

I could see Gliscor and Heracross being used though, as a lot of Infernapes wins were down to Blaze.

I agree with the line up. I would honestly like to see Infernape be the fall guy in a future battle frontier type of battle, since it has never seemed to lose a single battle. I mean he did lose against the other Infernape.. but that was different!!!

Ash Ketchum!

Pokemon Trainer
-Pikachu
-Butterfree
-Pidgeot
-Bulbasaur
-Charizard
-Squirtle

This can be sort of a "reunion battle".

-Nator-

1. Pikachu (you don't even have to guess)
2. Tepig (won't evolve)
3. Snivy (won't evolve)
4. Samurott (assuming Oshawott will evolve)
5. Unfezant (assuming again he evolves from Tranquill)

His last Pokemon, I think is going to be a Pokemon that he's yet to catch. I'm predicting he won't use any Pokemon from his previous journeys.

I-am-the-peel

Justice Forever
Main Pokemon that don't need to be called upon and come from Oak's Lab
-Pikachu
-Quilava
-Sceptile
-Snorlax
-Staraptor/Gible
-Glalie

Pokemon that can be called upon anytime, anywhere for anyreason
-Pikachu
-Charizard