• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ash's Champion Theme

Most appropriate theme for Champion Ash?

• Champion Title Defense

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • Battle! Lance & Red

Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Ash-Greninja Appears

Votes: 11 42.3%

• Total voters

Doppelgänger

Superancient Member
If Ash becomes the Alola Champion, what should his theme be?

Themes are usually tied to specific characters. But in the Generation VI games, the player him/herself gets a special Champion theme, "Title Defense". It plays whenever the player defends the champion title, and also during the ceremonial match with Professor Kukui after the first league challenge.

However, Ash has his own theme from the games, "Battle! Champion & Red", the first such theme to mimic the games' opening fanfare. You know it as the Johto Champion Theme, and in the games it plays when battling Lance or Red. This theme, along with Blue's "Battle! Champion Rival" were a big part of Ash and Gary's 6x6 battle in the Silver Conference.

Finally, Ash has his own non-game theme, "Ash-Greninja Appears!", better known by the vocal version "XY&Z". This is primarily associated with Ash-Greninja, but it's also played for Ash himself after Greninja is long gone.

What will you choose?

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I think Title Defense would fit the best. Masked Royale doesn’t fit the same type of opposition as Lance/Red and I don’t really think the XYZ theme fits unless Ash-Greninja is present.

BTS_fan

Immortal Queen
Since Ash is supposed to be a watered down version of Red, I think that Red's theme music would be the best option for Ash's theme.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Type wild, Mezase Pokemon master, or Pokemon theme

Doppelgänger

Superancient Member
Type wild, Mezase Pokemon master, or Pokemon theme

"Mezase Pokemon Master" is definitely the theme most associated with Ash, but it's very awkward for a battle theme: it has double the number of verses as a song like "XY&Z" and a complex refrain. Lyrics don't play a role for an instrumental, but the lyrics are also ill-fitting for a Champion. The song sings about becoming the Champion, so it's much more fitting for a challenger or adventurer than a boss fight.

I didn't include it for all those reasons, but it does deserve some recognition.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
"Mezase Pokemon Master" is definitely the theme most associated with Ash, but it's very awkward for a battle theme: it has double the number of verses as a song like "XY&Z" and a complex refrain. Lyrics don't play a role for an instrumental, but the lyrics are also ill-fitting for a Champion. The song sings about becoming the Champion, so it's much more fitting for a challenger or adventurer than a boss fight.

I didn't include it for all those reasons, but it does deserve some recognition.
Oh, got confused and thought it was more about Ash's theme when he's becoming the champion, so yeah

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
this but in generation eight anime or movie only....or Satoshi's reboot os anime when he supposed supposed to playing red in that .

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
Title Defense or Type:Wild

Ash-Greninja is tied to Kalos Ash, so it just doesn't fit with Alola Ash

Ash-Greninja Appears is the easily one of the best pieces of music to ever grace the anime. It just creates that genuine hype and emotion and it would have been a great fit as a theme for...

XY Ash

I'm not sure it would fit any other version of Ash/season. Personally, the theme really distills the narrative core of XY into music and perfectly encapsulates what that region was about

Last edited:

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Ash-Greninja Appears is the easily one of the best pieces of music to ever grace the anime. It just creates that genuine hype and emotion and it would have been a great fit as a theme for...

XY Ash

I'm not sure it would fit any other version of Ash/season. Personally, the theme really distills the narrative core of XY into music and perfectly encapsulates what that region was about
IMO DP Ash's theme and Type:Wild are themes that would fit any version of Ash