• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ash's dream team?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scubasteve23

Dath Scuba
A buddy and I have been discussing what 6 pokemon of Ash's would make the best team of all. So what 6 pokemon of Ash's from any part of the series do you think would make it his BEST team.

EDIT: Only use pokemon he has, not pokemon he can potentially evolve.

Last edited:

Haunter ゴースト

His best tactical team would be:

-Pikachu (Duh)
-Sceptile (Sceptiles speed would be better than Torterra)
-Charizard (Covers flying types aswell.)
-Samurott (Considering Oshawott evolves fully.)
-Gigalith (Considering Boldore evolves fully.)
-Snorlax/Muk/Tauros/Heracross/Glalie (Any they all cover a certain type).

Ash Ketchum!

Pokemon Trainer

-Pikachu (Duh)
-Samurott (Considering Oshawott evolves fully.)/Kingler

Fixed that for you :D
I agree with the above, except I would add Garchomp if Gible evolved.

But in actual dreams, I wish Ash would reunite with his Kanto team.

Scubasteve23

Dath Scuba

-Pikachu (Duh)
-Samurott (Considering Oshawott evolves fully.)

Well what if Oshawatt and Boldore DON'T evolve. I mean, ash is known to not have fully evolved staters, especially with water types.

I-am-the-peel

Justice Forever
It is currently:
-Pikachu
-Charizard
-Snorlax
-Sceptile
-Gliscor
-Heracross/Glalie/Gible

I pray with the unova saga that it ends up being:
-Pikachu
-Charizard
-Snorlax/Gigalith/Krookodile
-Sceptile
-Samurott/Seismitoad
-Scrafty/Heracross/Gliscor

Haunter ゴースト

Well what if Oshawatt and Boldore DON'T evolve. I mean, ash is known to not have fully evolved staters, especially with water types.

Im simply covering Ash's Pokemon with the strongest types.

If that's the case he'd have:

-Kingler/Palpitoad OR Squirtle/Oshawott/Buizel - It's either strong powerhouse watertypes or speedy powerful watertypes. I personally think Buizel would work.

-Donphan - Although I personally don't think it's that powerful.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I feel that these six Pokemon would be the best for his team:

1) Pikachu - The Madonna of Ash's team; has done everything and is the most successful Pokemon he owns.
2) Charizard - The Britney Spears of Ash's team because he withstood the test of time.
3) Snorlax - The Adele of Ash's team; has absolutely no flaws.
4) Sceptile - The Ke$ha of Ash's team because nothing ever bothers him.
5) Infernape - The Katy Perry of Ash's team; has the most inconsistent personality of any Pokemon on the team.
6) Oshawott - The Lady Gaga of Ash's team; he's brand-new, but very successful as well as creative.

They would obviously slay all of Ash's opponents.

I-am-the-peel

Justice Forever

1) Pikachu - The Madonna of Ash's team; has done everything and is the most successful Pokemon he owns.
2) Charizard - The Britney Spears of Ash's team because he withstood the test of time.
5) Infernape - The Katy Perry of Ash's team; has the most inconsistent personality of any Pokemon on the team.
6) Oshawott - The Lady Gaga of Ash's team; he's brand-new, but very successful as well as creative.

I agree and accept your pokemon listings, but don't accept the musicians. Adele has no flaws? Katy Perry having the most inconsistent personality? I would so swap them around though then again, Oshawott reminds me too much of Lady Gaga :D

Personally and seriously though, I don't understand why everyone thinks so much of infernape. Yeah he is strong because he beat normal pokemon like abomasnow, driftblim, zangooses and ursaring millions of times as a chimchar but most of the battles as an infernape are thanks to blaze. I feel it relies on it's ability too much to win matches like against Electrivire and against Luxray. When Ash has pokemon like Sceptile, Snorlax and Gliscor that are powerful without relying on abilities, move combos or accessories, I don't understand why people are quick to forget.

Generally, my opinion is that if Ash were to have a league team, he would probably have reserves and be able to switch so:
The Main Team
-Pikachu
-Charizard
-Snorlax
-Sceptile
-Samurott
-Gliscor

Reserves
-Scrafty
-Gigalith
-Heracross
-Quilava
-Glalie

But then again, we could all see that ash would use a 'league team' in the battle frontier and switch pokemon all the time for the frontier brain challenges. So I don't know if what I wrote meant anything, but I feel Ash would probably cheat for more than six pokemon.

Ash Ketchum!

Pokemon Trainer
But then again, we could all see that ash would use a 'league team' in the battle frontier and switch pokemon all the time for the frontier brain challenges. So I don't know if what I wrote meant anything, but I feel Ash would probably cheat for more than six pokemon.

I think if Ash ever reaches a championship league, that is probably what the writers will do, making Ash have the ability to switch Pokemon between each match.

I-am-the-peel

Justice Forever
I think if Ash ever reaches a championship league, that is probably what the writers will do, making Ash have the ability to switch Pokemon between each match.

I think that's why I like the idea of a filler saga being based on a champions league as it would give spotlight on all of ash's old pokemon, even from the likes of Kingler to Muk, Torkoal to Donphan and Gible to Bulbasaur. The only problem is that ash wouldn't catch any more pokemon if it was actually in a league and ash was going room by room, though I doubt it. If it was something like the gym leaders or frontier brains where Ash had to go to a specific city to face off in a round of the whole league where he and about 64 other people face off against each other in the one arena. I guess that could work, give ash about seven or eight arenas and have like three battles in each arena, that would be good. And as ash travels from each city, or even each region/part of a region, he could catch more pokemon and train them. Pretty much though, the only thing from this I wish would happen is training episodes from the battle club which could build off this; ash could get battle club challenges and the battle club tourney where ash first used palpitoad and had iris win, that could get turned into a whole challengy tournament.

Thriller

Its almost time
Charizard
Glalie
Muk
Kingler
Torterra
Tauros

All fatties, fully evolved, no "cutesy" unevolved Pokemon, if Ash would just use such a team, he'd realize how good a trainer he's become since his Kanto years.

Jellyfisher

Sexiest man alive
PIKACHU- Obviosly
Sceptile
Muk
Charizard
Gliscor/ Blastiose(when evolved)
Infernape/Heracross
Pikachu-Duh
Sceptile- Super Strong
Muk- Helped Win Stuff/ Strong
Charizard-Really Good
Gliscor-Obedient/ Will To Fight
Blastiose- Very Powerful
Infernape- Will To Win/ Strong
Heracross- Loved And Strong

Most of all, he loved and cared for all of these the most.

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
Pikachu- Duh
Charizard - His toughest pokemon from back in the day. Its got a strong bond with Ash, although in its last battle in the series, it didn't do to well, but that was mainly because of Ash's stupidity
Bulbasaur - Yep, not Sceptile, Bulbasaur, we're going by Anime laws here and evolution doesn't seem to make a difference, which is why I've chosen Bulbasaur. Sceptile's got speed, but Bulbasaur is an all-rounder, and he's got a very strong bond with Ash, like Ash said, its the Pokemon he knows he can rely on, and it always pulls through. Plus judging on its previous battling experience, he's done very well, even saved Ash's battle against Brandon after Charizard's loss.
Heracross - Its one tough pokemon and with great typing, and great moves
Staraptor - Without a doubt, his strongest flying type, for me, Swellow was fast, but its not as strong as Staraptor.
Then finally either Gliscor or Snorlax. Gliscor came back from training with a lot of confidence and strength, its a tough pokemon now. And Snorlax, its got a lot of victories under its belt.

Dr.Chaos

stick in the mud
I think this would be Ash's dream team:

Pikachu
Sceptile
Charizard
Snorlax
Infernape
Gliscor/Staraptor/Swellow

A buddy and I have been discussing what 6 pokemon of Ash's would make the best team of all..

You are talking about me now.

Pikachu is not the most successfull Pokemon Ash owns. Bayleef is! She has only been defeated twice after evolving from Chikorita into Bayleef (against Gary's Blastoise and against Harrison's Blaziken). When you calculate a win-loss-ratio (win=defeating an opponent, loss=being defeated), Bayleef definitely is Ash's most successfull Pokemon. Pikachu and Charizard are stronger, but not more successfull.

Pikachu got more wins, but also much more losses, so when looking for a winning percentae of all battles, Bayleef (as a Bayleef, not as a Chikorita) does better than Pikachu.

Bayleef didn't only beat Team Rocket, she single-handedly won Ash the Storm Badge against Chuck and defeated Harrison's Houndoom, for example.

Bayleef is not Ash's strongest Pokemon, Charizard, Pikachu and Snorlax are. But Bayleef defenitely deserves a place on the team.

Bayleef, who has a crush on Ash, will always be motivated and will work very hard, to prove herself to Ash to go on a journey with him again, and go away from Professor Oak, who she hates (at least, that was seen in the Whirl Islands episodes).

Charizard, Pikachu and Snorlax are Ash's strongest Pokemon, they get a guranteed place on the team. Then, Bayleef is the first Pokemon I'd add. I have two slots left, and I want Pokemon with a lot of battle experience, not ones who have rarely been outside of Professor Oaks laboratory (like Kingler, Muk, Tauros and Heracross). Bulbasaur has battle experience with Ash, and also with Professor Oak, which was shown in Pokemon Chronicles. Then there is one slot left, Sceptile is strong and has battle experience. But Squirtle also makes a nice addition, because he's a water type and three Grass types might be too much.

- Bulbasaur/Sceptile/Squirtle (choose two of them, depending on the opponent)
- Snorlax
- Pikachu
- Charizard
- Bayleef

Last edited:

Spacialrend

Gallade owns

I agree with this. But why did you compare 'em to trashy popstars of today? [indicated in BOLD] lol

I would have gone with:
-Pikachu. Dumb reason not to. Always been the designated leader among Ash's team(s).
-Charizard. Not the fastest Flyer out there I admit. But nonetheless possesses the largest moveset. Rarely loses (save Drake's Dragonite and Brandon's Dusclops)
-Snorlax. Another must. For a Pokemon of that weight, he is very strong. Unlike that of Torterra, he can actually take hits.
-Sceptile. Insane speed. You'd be a moron not to recognize his insane abilities. Does he know any Dragon moves yet?
-Heracross/Tauros/Muk/Donphan. The former three haven't been used as much (restricted to League(s) mostly) but all four are a nice pick. Although they have their weaknesses, they have their strengths.
-Infernape. Regardless of utilizing Blaze or not, his speed should rival that of Sceptile. It would be dumb if Ash chose to ignore this monkey. Although Charizard counts for Fire.

Last edited:

XxEpicsxX

I just don't care
I think his team would end up as:

Pikachu
Charizard
Kingler
Snorlax
Sceptile
Infernape

Status
Not open for further replies.