• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ash's Dream Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Navin

MALDREAD
Yeah, he isnt quite tier 1 or tier 2 yet neither is snorlax :p but he did more than gliscor, and he was also extremely hyped during the sinnoh league iirc.

All the tier 1s and tier 2s (at least in my famed listing) have wins against league opponents or elite competition. In fact, if he never shows up again, I wouldn't even rank the swamp guardian; it's in the same vein as the other released Ash mons.

I'm not ranking because of results, I am ranking the overall impression a pokemon gives to me. Goodra's development was pretty good compared to the other pokemon and he showed will power and actually a good moveset.

Strong results tend to give better impressions. That aside, what has he done that puts him ahead of a Bulbasaur or a Swellow or a Gliscor?

Yeah the PCISS are still better battling wise, but if he's showing up at the KL and if he will doing well with some good battles, he could be the second choice instead of Snorlax. But like I said, only if he will make an appearance at the KL.

That I agree. I can only rank him if its decided that he is still part of Ash's team.

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
Strong results tend to give better impressions. That aside, what has he done that puts him ahead of a Bulbasaur or a Swellow or a Gliscor?

Because this is a sort of prediction. Not as of now, but how the Kalos gang could turn out by the end of the series. Due to the high popularity, we can expect Greninja to happen. Talonflame is also a candidat to be a a Tier 2 pokemon and what we've seen of Goodra, he could end between Tier 1 and 2, but like I said, only if he will appear at the KL and get some good wins.

ShadowForce720

Because this is a sort of prediction. Not as of now, but how the Kalos gang could turn out by the end of the series. Due to the high popularity, we can expect Greninja to happen. Talonflame is also a candidat to be a a Tier 2 pokemon and what we've seen of Goodra, he could end between Tier 1 and 2, but like I said, only if he will appear at the KL and get some good wins.

Who knows maybe by the end of the series all of Ash's Kalos Team will be Tier 1 and/or Tier 2.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
What would his dream team look like six generations later?

Anyway I'm doing one from each region since it seems only fair imo:

Pikachu/Charizard
Heracross/Donphan
Sceptile
Infernape
Krookodile
Greninja (if it evolves)

As for an entirely different one? I'd like:

Pikachu
Heatmor
Dragalge
Vanilluxe
Victreebel
Klinklang

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
Out of his current bunch, disregarding those that are currently elsewhere and not adding in evolutions that are yet to happen, I'd go with two fairly decent looking teams..

Pikachu, Charizard, Sceptile, Snorlax, Heracross, Gliscor
Pikachu, Infernape, Bulbasaur, Kingler, Krookodile, Glalie

A third team could contain Torterra and any of the evolved birds/reserves..

Mrs. Oreo

Banned

Why do tiers matter since his pokemon lose often any ways.

Ashuel

First of All, If Ash want to do a perfect team he should include pokes with different types (Charizard + Infernape same time is a mistake for me):

- Infernape: true strongest ash pokemon. The no-pikachu poke with more badges in a season. Thanks to him Ash reached Semifinals. Charizard sorry but you has terribles defeats in important matches. Kanto League, Orange League Final, Johto vs. Blaziken, Battle Pyramid, etc..

- Glalie: unbeatable since he evolved.

- Sceptile: he beat the strongest trainer poke ever Darkrai.

- Kingler/Greninja (if frogadier finally evo.)

- Swellow: strongest bird, 2 badges in a season (Staraptor 0, Unfezant 1, Fletchinder 0), 5 wins / 3 loses in the Hoenn League, and a victory in the Battle Dome.

- Krookodile: the only usefull poke in the BW saga.

Pokemons Ash shouldn't use:

- Pikachu: looser, losed vs. Meowth, Lucario, cant beat Latias.
- Charizard: looser, losed vs. Charmander, Blaziken, Dusclops (Battle Frontier).

Ash for a do-or-die battle need the most victorious pokemons not the strongest. I prefer a unbeatable pokemon like Glalie before a strongest pokemon like Pikachu or Charizard losed so many times.

Or a example: for a do-or-die you prefer a Mayweather (unbeatable) or a Random Boxer better but with 4-5 defeats? You want a Mayweather.

Captain America X

First of All, If Ash want to do a perfect team he should include pokes with different types (Charizard + Infernape same time is a mistake for me):

- Infernape: true strongest ash pokemon. The no-pikachu poke with more badges in a season. Thanks to him Ash reached Semifinals. Charizard sorry but you has terribles defeats in important matches. Kanto League, Orange League Final, Johto vs. Blaziken, Battle Pyramid, etc..

- Glalie: unbeatable since he evolved.

- Sceptile: he beat the strongest trainer poke ever Darkrai.

- Kingler/Greninja (if frogadier finally evo.)

- Swellow: strongest bird, 2 badges in a season (Staraptor 0, Unfezant 1, Fletchinder 0), 5 wins / 3 loses in the Hoenn League, and a victory in the Battle Dome.

- Krookodile: the only usefull poke in the BW saga.

Pokemons Ash shouldn't use:

- Pikachu: looser, losed vs. Meowth, Lucario, cant beat Latias.
- Charizard: looser, losed vs. Charmander, Blaziken, Dusclops (Battle Frontier).

Ash for a do-or-die battle need the most victorious pokemons not the strongest. I prefer a unbeatable pokemon like Glalie before a strongest pokemon like Pikachu or Charizard losed so many times.

Or a example: for a do-or-die you prefer a Mayweather (unbeatable) or a Random Boxer better but with 4-5 defeats? You want a Mayweather.

You do realize that's not how it works right?If Infernape or Glalie was in was in the same situation as them they would also have lost because plot demanded it.

Also just because they lost against strong pokemon doesn't make them weak.And Charizard never even lost to Charmander he defeated it in one hit and then was too lazy to fight Ritchie and he lost to Dusclops because of Ash.

Also are you serious?In a do or die battle you take the strongest not the most victorious.Ash's Krookodile could barely defeat Iris Dragonite but Charizard was basically controlling the whole match and would have defeated it with ease if not for N.

Your not even using correct logic.That's like choosing a new up and coming boxer who never lost a fight instead of Mohammad Ali because Mohammad Ali lost a few rounds.

If you go with the way your going your basically asking to lose .

Last edited:

Ashuel

You do realize that's not how it works right?If Infernape or Glalie was in was in the same situation as them they would also have lost because plot demanded it.

Also just because they lost against strong pokemon doesn't make them weak.And Charizard never even lost to Charmander he defeated it in one hit and then was too lazy to fight Ritchie and he lost to Dusclops because of Ash.

Also are you serious?In a do or die battle you take the strongest not the most victorious.Ash's Krookodile could barely defeat Iris Dragonite but Charizard was basically controlling the whole match and would have defeated it with ease if not for N.

Your not even using correct logic.That's like choosing a new up and coming boxer who never lost a fight instead of Mohammad Ali because Mohammad Ali lost a few rounds.

If you go with the way your going your basically asking to lose .
Of course i prefer Mayweather before Mohammad Ali, Mohammad Ali lost few rounds then EXIST a posibility he lost again!
But Mayweather take 48 victorys and 0 loses, why he will lose in the most important match if he never losed before??

And one point, imagine Ash fight vs. a pro trainer. The pro trainer can see the Ash matches and said "well Charizard loses vs. Blaziken, Pikachu loses vs. Meowth" and he can see the Charizard and Pikachu weak points. But how you can see the weak points of Infernape and Glalie if they NEVER LOSED BEFORE??

Is the same with Mayweather, Mayweather never losed before, nobody knows how beat Mayweather is UNBEATABLE, Muhammad is better than Mayweather but the pro boxers knows how counters Muhammad skills.

[EDIT] THE STRONGEST IS NOT WHO WIN, WHO ALWAYS WIN IS THE STRONGEST.

Last edited:

jrizza88

Meteorite
Of course i prefer Mayweather before Mohammad Ali, Mohammad Ali lost few rounds then EXIST a posibility he lost again!
But Mayweather take 48 victorys and 0 loses, why he will lose in the most important match if he never losed before??

And one point, imagine Ash fight vs. a pro trainer. The pro trainer can see the Ash matches and said "well Charizard loses vs. Blaziken, Pikachu loses vs. Meowth" and he can see the Charizard and Pikachu weak points. But how you can see the weak points of Infernape and Glalie if they NEVER LOSED BEFORE??

Is the same with Mayweather, Mayweather never losed before, nobody knows how beat Mayweather is UNBEATABLE, Muhammad is better than Mayweather but the pro boxers knows how counters Muhammad skills.

I guarantee both Infernape or Glalie would have lost those same battles. In case you forgot, these are battles in which Ash is using his strongest against another trainer's strongest pokemon...

Captain America X

Your bolded makes no sense whatsoever.Your saying he never lost before,so he will never ever lose?

And you do realize that there are other ways to find out another person's weak point other than them losing right?Because there is a reason unbeatable people get defeated.

Also you do realize that Charizard was already tired when he was fighting Blaziken right?He had taken down 3 of Gary's pokemon prior to the fight(two of them being SE against Charizard,and one of those two was Gary's ace) and even after all that he still managed to make Blaziken so injured that it couldn't fight in the next match.

So Krookodile>Charizard?

Nvm I give up.No point even trying to explain.

Ashuel

I guarantee both Infernape or Glalie would have lost those same battles. In case you forgot, these are battles in which Ash is using his strongest against another trainer's strongest pokemon...
Use in your team the strongest Torterra instead the reliable Bulbasaur, and then said me the results of the match xDD
And think in Infernape is like "well done Infernape you win all the matches since you evo in Infernape, thanks you i reached the semifinals. but i will use Charizard who thanks him losed in Kanto, Jotho and Battle Pyramid, but is stronger than you".

Is like you use in your team Messi before Cristiano Ronaldo, Cristiano Ronaldo gets 54 goals more than Messi, and more assist than Messi in LFP. BUT OF COURSE you use Messi because IS BETTER. (sarcasm)

Last edited:

Ashuel

Your bolded makes no sense whatsoever.Your saying he never lost before,so he will never ever lose?

And you do realize that there are other ways to find out another person's weak point other than them losing right?Because there is a reason unbeatable people get defeated.

Also you do realize that Charizard was already tired when he was fighting Blaziken right?He had taken down 3 of Gary's pokemon prior to the fight(two of them being SE against Charizard,and one of those two was Gary's ace) and even after all that he still managed to make Blaziken so injured that it couldn't fight in the next match.

So Krookodile>Charizard?

Nvm I give up.No point even trying to explain.

LOL? Of course i dont said Charizard is weak, Charizard is one of the strongest Ash pokemon. I only said Ash should use a team with no repeat pokemons type. And i prefer use Infernape before Charizard like fire type pokemon. This is all.

Captain America X

LOL? Of course i dont said Charizard is weak, Charizard is one of the strongest Ash pokemon. I only said Ash should use a team with no repeat pokemons type. And i prefer use Infernape before Charizard like fire type pokemon. This is all.

No your saying that Infernape is stronger than Charizard and Swellow,Glalie and Krookodile are better than Pikachu eventhough Charizard and Pikachu have better feats like taking down legendaries.

Ashuel

No your saying that Infernape is stronger than Charizard and Swellow,Glalie and Krookodile are better than Pikachu eventhough Charizard and Pikachu have better feats like taking down legendaries.
Stronger is not better. Real Madrid is stronger than Atletico Madrid. And Atletico win 6 or the last 7 match between them.
I said Charizard is stronger but Infernape is better because Infernape is unbeatable.

jrizza88

Meteorite
Stronger is not better. Real Madrid is stronger than Atletico Madrid. And Atletico win 6 or the last 7 match between them.
I said Charizard is stronger but Infernape is better because Infernape is unbeatable.

After this I won't waste any of my time, but Pikachu and Charizard both took out legendaries. The others you mentioned got either slaugthered or have yet to take one on. Charizard's best win was against an Articuno, while Infernape's was Electrivire...

Pikachu took out a Regice and tied with a Latios. Glalie's best win is against.... a Metang?

Charizard has had more battles than Infernape, so comparing the two is actually irrelevant when I think about it...

Last edited:

phanpycross

God-king
After this I won't waste any of my time, but Pikachu and Charizard both took out legendaries. The others you mentioned got either slaugthered or have yet to take one on. Charizard's best win was against an Articuno, while Infernape's was Electrivire...

Pikachu took out a Regice and tied with a Latios. Glalie's best win is against.... a Metang?
Id say tying Tyson's powerhouse sceptile, but as a straight up win, It's prolly one-shotting both dugtrio and Misdreavus.

As much as Charizard has over-hype shooting out every opening, he still tends to get sh*t done, and is most certainly worthy of being on Ash's "dream team". althrough he should use boldore as a stealth rock setter instead

Status
Not open for further replies.