• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ash's Final Two

Which will be his next Pokemon?

• Total voters

Venastois

Everyone that says Gible FTW gets a cookie from me.

I get first cookie!!!!

I dont see Gible in Ash's team...one if it does evolve...it would be its powerhouse...when esentially...Turtwig is gonna be the powerhouse...just like sceptile was...and plus..its part ground type...wouldnt that imbalance his team even further?

how much more redundant can anti-gabite people be??

we've gone over this a ton of times, if you want an answer, go back a couple of pages and read my explanations on why gabite would be a good contender.

edit: as a matter of fact, here it is, just to make it easier on you.

Gabite- ok, before the pitchforks and torches come out, let me explain. looking at his team from a physical point of view as apposed to typing, Gabite would be a good physical sweeper for Ash. If you think about it, Gabite is speedy, and can use moves such as dragon rush or claw, as well as sandstorm and sand tomb. Now in relation to the rest of his team, he has the electric rat, the basic bird, who will be the physical flier, torterra, who will be the defender, like torkoal, just with a lot more pwnge, to put it shortly. Ambipom is more like the swiss army knife of the team, and lucario, being the special sweeper, leaves Ash with a need for a physical sweeper. Honestly, this team reminds me a little of Tyson's, where he had a physical sweeper (sceptile) and a special (shiftree), both of which were grass. that reminds of the Lucario/Gabite situation, but instead of Lucario being the same type, its torterra. In short, Gabite vs. Torterra, Gabite is the offensive physical sweeper, focusing on his dragon typing, whereas torterra is the defensive, focusing more on his grass attacks.

Last edited:

Dax

Legend
It wouldn't be that imbalanced. The only attack Torterra knows that is a ground type is Earthquake. They will only share the weakness of ice,some advantages and the type but not so much the moves. Who knows?

Last edited:

Venastois

exactly, and their completely different styles. if you look at ash's teams over the seasons, you'll see a different pattern than just typing.

Kanto
Pikachu - staple, starter
Butterfree- special sweeper--then leaves
Pidgeot- basic bird/physical sweeper--leaves
squirtle--special sweeper, takes butterfree's position
charizard--tank, still is
bulbasaur--utility/swiss army knife

subs:
Muck- dark horse
Krabby/Kingler- physical sweeper/tank
Tauros- big physical sweeper

Orange islands
pikachu-starter
squirtle- special sweeper
bulbasaur- swiss army knife
Snorlax/taruos- physical sweeper
snorlax- tank
lapras--special sweeper/traveler

subs:
same

Johto
pikachu- starter
heracross- physical sweeper
bulbasaur, totodyle- swiss army knife - bulba leaves
cyndaquil- special/swiss army knife
Bayleef- tank/ special
Noctowl- basic bird/wierd mix between special and physical

Hoenn
pikachu- starter
Sceptile- physical sweeper/tank
Swellow- basic bird (tank-ish)
Torkoal- defensive/ swiss army knife
corphish- physical sweeper/ somewhat special...not really
Glaile- special sweeper/tank

subs:
Charizard- tank/ physical sweeper with flamethrower
squirtle- special sweeper

Battle Frontier
pikachu- starter
Sceptile- physical sweeper
Donphan- tank
Corphish- physical sweeper-ish
Swellow- basic bird
Torkaol- special sweeper/ defensive
Aipom- set up

subs:
Charizard- tank/phsyical
bulbasaur- swiss army knife
squirtle- special
tauros- physical
snorlax- physical

Shinnoh
pikachu- starter
turtwig- tank/defensive,
staravia- basic bird,
aipom- swiss army knife

so if you look, the patter leaves ash with the need for a special and a physical sweeper. if lucario does end up joining ash, he/she can easily be the special sweeper, which leaves only a few choice pokemon for ash's physical. the top two being GABITE, and kirckitune.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
Well, receiving eletric blows and still attack, receive a hyper beam on its face and still attack and defeat pkms with the double of its height is enough to consider swellow as a tank, right?

ShadowDragon16

Well, receiving eletric blows and still attack, receive a hyper beam on its face and still attack and defeat pkms with the double of its height is enough to consider swellow as a tank, right?

True, but I would think of Swellow as a Fighting Jet.

Dax

Legend
Oh...now I get it.:)

That bird's awesome! It just needed personality.

True, but I would think of Swellow as a Fighting Jet.

I like that, a fighting jet. I couldn't describe him better.

Last edited:

Cenzo

Red: True Master
^Or it can show some effort! Darn it Turtwig's won more battles!

Dax

Legend
Staravia won a battle.-_-

He shows effort but Ash doesn't use him so much.

Mukku.BIRD's personality morphed with Swellow's strength will be a completely and utterly win. I love Staravia.

Cenzo

Red: True Master
^Yeah, 1 battle! How many has Turtwig won?

ShadowDragon16

Staravia won a battle.-_-

He shows effort but Ash doesn't use him so much.

Mukku.BIRD's personality morphed with Swellow's strength will be a completely and utterly win. I love Staravia.

You better no be talking about that little win against that little cherry, that was a weak pokemon, not something to be proud of, I bet a Weedle could take that little thing out.

Dax

Legend
^Yeah, 1 battle! How many has Turtwig won?

I'm not comparing pokemons and I'm not saying Staravia is the strongest one. Every pokemon fo Ash when is in the battlefield shows effort to win, Staravia is not the exception.

You better no be talking about that little win against that little cherry, that was a weak pokemon, not something to be proud of, I bet a Weedle could take that little thing out.

A pokemon that Turtwig clearly couldn't defeat but it was indeed a win, no matter if the pokemon was weak or not. And I doubt Weedle can defeat Cherubi since Turtwig, one of Ash's strongest pokemons in his actual team couldn't.

I still say Aipom is the strongest one right now.

Venastois

i stand by dax on this one. i think that staravia will become a true powerhouse for ash, and it only has had a couple of battles anyway. yeah, turtwig is stronger, but if turtwig couldn't take down someone staravia can, that's saying something.

although i'd hate to admit it (redundancy be my foe) aipom is definately the closer of his team. (curse you, focus punch)

as for the future, i can safely say that staravia will catch up to aipom, if not surpass it during evolution. you have to remember, that staraptor is the fastest and strongest of the beginning birds so far, so the writers need to come up with some way to balance it out. come on, do you really want to see uuberbird immediately? or would you rather have some development and entertainment?

me? i'd take entertainment any day.

DANdotW

Previously Iota
^Or it can show some effort! Darn it Turtwig's won more battles!

Turtwig has also been in more battles.

Staravia has only been in two real battles, both with Gardenia.

And how can anyone call Cherubi weak. Did any of you actually watch the battle?

Iota

Absol_utely

Cool Trainer
Turtwig has also been in more battles.

Staravia has only been in two real battles, both with Gardenia.

And how can anyone call Cherubi weak. Did any of you actually watch the battle?

Iota

yeah, yeah, yeah!
Gym-leaders pokémon (in the animé esp) can have hidden strengths/abilities which we are unaware of. Why on earth would she use such a weak -mon to defend her badge-sake? Obviously it was well trained and good enough to take out Turtwig, yet fall to an advantaged, evolved poké - super Staravia!!

On topic:

It's funny how annoying ppl on these forums can drill ideas you're totally against, slowly into your brain over time! I'm actually ok with seeing Lucario on Ash's team AND...(ffs) even Gabite (not its 2nd stage evo since I believe the -zard to be his one and only power-dragon:))

Also if the rumours fair true, and Ash makes it to the E4, a special sweeper is needed, and such a cool one is just a bonus! Also I loved Charmeleon so much it'd be nice to see something similar to that again, plus Cynthia could show him a thing or two in an epic battle...*daydreams*

DANdotW

Previously Iota
Well it would be a bit pointless to work up all of this hype, such as seeing the Elite 4 prior, and stating that there is a tournament afterwards, without dishing out the goods.

It would be their worst mistake yet if they didn't let Ash win the Sinnoh League and proceed to the Championship bit. Although, let's not forget how unpredictable Sinnoh has been thus far.

Anywho, I agree. I've heard it so much now that I can see Lucario with Ash. I mean, it does suit him, and I expected it from the start. Like others, I always expected it to be Lucario and Buizel.

Then the writers made one of their better moves and gave Buizel to Dawn. God I love that they did that. And I find it funny how many people think her and Ash are going to trade, even after all the development between Ash and Aipom, and the fact that he hates trading.

But yes. For now, for me, Lucario is going to be part of Ash's team. He's going to fight Champion's this saga, and short of pulling some of the rotters out from under Oak's arse, he's going to need a strong team.

It's obvious we're at least going to get Staraptor and Ambipom. At least a Grotle will go onto that with Pikachu.

It's hurting my head thinking of a reason why Riley won't give Ash the Riolu egg. That will hatch, and I think it silly to take something like that through the league without it being a DEM. So Lucario is there, I'm sure of it.

It's the last one that has everyone baffled.

At the moment, the three that are most popular are Shellos, Gible and Magby.

Now, there are good arguments for and against all three.

Shellos is the only remaining land-fighting Water Type. However, without giving both versions equal showcasing, they won't be being fair, and could be seen as biased. In this case, I don't think it will happen.

Gible is a strong dragon type, capable of becoming Garchomp, one of the end-of-dex ubers. However, using the "Ash isn't mature enough yet" excuse is diminished. We've seen Ash grow over the past...what, 10 seasons? 10 years. I think he's mature enough by now to have one uber.

Magby. The infamous Magby. He's the only fire type that is believable, without Ash catching an old Pokémon. Chimchar is never going to go to him. Heatran is a legendary. Yes, it goes from Johto to Kanto to Sinnoh. But the fact is, it ends up as a Sinnoh, which is the same as Aipom.

Yes she was caught in Kanto, but that doesn't make her a Kanto or a Sinnoh does it? There's nothing wrong with catching Magby/Magmar and evolving it.

The other main reason against Magmortar is that it is a two stage. Well, catching it as a Magmar would mean it only has to evolve once.

Anyway.

Those three aside, there is still a clear horizon for Ash's final one.

I think it's much too early to decide which it will be.

Iota

Voltrex

ThePikachuWooperTeam
Magby. The infamous Magby. He's the only fire type that is believable, without Ash catching an old Pokémon. Chimchar is never going to go to him. Heatran is a legendary. Yes, it goes from Johto to Kanto to Sinnoh. But the fact is, it ends up as a Sinnoh, which is the same as Aipom.

Yes she was caught in Kanto, but that doesn't make her a Kanto or a Sinnoh does it? There's nothing wrong with catching Magby/Magmar and evolving it.

The other main reason against Magmortar is that it is a two stage. Well, catching it as a Magmar would mean it only has to evolve once.

Iota

I was with the rest of your post, until you came to Magby. First off, you know just as much as everyone else around here as to who he will get, which is NOTHING. Stating YOUR "facts" in bold wont make anyone believe in them. Chimchar is just as likely as any other pokemon. Also, it doesnt matter what it will be, it matters as to what he caught it as. Unless he catches a wild, 3rd staged pokemon(which has yet to happen) it is highly unlikely for Ash to get a fire type.