• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ash's Final Two

Which will be his next Pokemon?

• Total voters

Dax

Legend
Cenzo: Is it because if Ash gets a new pokemon Chimchar maybe will not be in Ash's team? You know, since he only will have one pokemon left and Riolu has a big possibility. Not trying to make you mad, I appreciate the unhealthy love you have for the jolly monkey.:p

If it is a capture then it will be awesome but if not I will be happy. I heart Hippopotas weird look. Let's be open for everything.:)

Cenzo

Red: True Master
Nope, not at all. If he gets it, I see an Oaking in it's future. If he gets it fine, I'll deal, I've said if Monferno shows up I give up. But, if we see he doesn't get the freaky thing, awesome.

Absol_utely

Cool Trainer
Doubt it will get oaked, doubt 100%.

It's inevitable that it will eventuallybe Oaked, but only after it works its lil' hippo-butt off for its 'grateful' master in the Sinnoh League, only to be forgotten about and left rotting, just like they all do...

But I imagine it to have a dopey/laxadasical personality, but with a ton of Ground-power:) Ash could really use a pokémon like Hippopotas, and it suits him very well IMO

Dax

Legend
Obviously if Ash gets it will get oaked when Ash finishes to go to the new region but I was talking about before that.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Obviously if Ash gets it will get oaked when Ash finishes to go to the new region but I was talking about before that.

The only pokemon that i see getting oaked potentially are Aipom and Stunky if it's caught, anything beyond those two will probably stay on the team.

vavavant

Gastrodon wanne be..
The only pokemon that i see getting oaked potentially are Aipom and Stunky if it's caught, anything beyond those two will probably stay on the team.

What!? I don't think that Aipom will be oaked. Maybe trade but not oaked...

PamperedPersian1

I'm against Ash getting Riolu but it isn't impossible. And he don't HAVE to get a water and fire-type Pokemon. Also, Bidoof? On Ash's team? I doubt that so much!

Well, that's the only actual water pokemon left that would fit Ash, because Buizel was taken by Dawn (though that would be Charizard all over again!)! And what's wrong with Bidoof?

Pachirisu

<- He want da cookie
Well, that's the only actual water pokemon left that would fit Ash, because Buizel was taken by Dawn (though that would be Charizard all over again!)! And what's wrong with Bidoof?

It doesnt fit Ash. Ash doesnt/wont get A fire and water type this gen. I really dont see Aipom being Oaked.

vavavant

Gastrodon wanne be..
Oh yah and PamperedPersian1, you miss Shellos, Mantyke, Finneon...

Bidoof is way to much early Pokemon. If he needs one, I think he could have aleast catch one in the Bidoof Village you know..

Last edited:

Pachirisu

<- He want da cookie

vavavant

Gastrodon wanne be..
Well not really, but why not? And yes, they can battle on the ground. Look at Misty's Goldeen.

Voltrex

ThePikachuWooperTeam
Oh man. When they first got to Sinnoh, i thought Ash was gonna be a beast. I had the highest hopes for his team. I thought his team would have consisted of.... fun pokemon. I mean... if he gets the hippo, its fine. But then that means that Ash WONT be getting either Riolu or Chimchar. If he would have gotten those 2, his team would have been a lot cooler overall. Please writers, dont screw over Ash yet again....:(

Venastois

hippopotas? ash? .......nah. i don't think he'll catch it.
*god please let me be right.*

if he does get it, then gabite's out of the question. so we'll see. i hope not, but like cenzo, if he catches the thing, not temporarily like larvatar/vulpix, but a legit catch, then i'll give up gabite.

Shell

I think that ash catchs a Hippopotas because they have release 3 new episode titles:

Ep 509: Electrike! Practice Centre!
Ep 510: Mismagius! Escape from the nightmare!
Ep 511: Save and Stray Child Hippopotas!

The episode 511 prob be about hippopptas and terefore Ash might catch one or might be based around this pokemon with captureing of any pokemon...

Pachirisu

<- He want da cookie
Thats what we were talking about. Wheter Ash would catch Hippopotas in episode 511 or not.

Cupil

Personally I'd like for Ash to have Gallade and Weavile. Both Pokemon are very unlikely to be in his party, especially if you consider the fact that Weavile is Cyrus' strongest pokemon.

The only way I can see the weasel squirming into his party is if they gave him a pink one. It would be my favorite team member just for being pink. It could take itself very seriously, then throw a hissy fit whenever an opponent laughs it. Froslass is another possible snowpoint capture that would interest me, but I'd rather have Dawn get it so she can combat Zoey's Misdreavus.

Gallade is a pokemon I really like, but if its going to go to somebody its probably gonna be Nando.

Ash could get a Riolu, if the group comes across a mean trainer who owns one. The trainer doesn't have to be Paul, he's not the only mean trainer around. The Riolu's previous trainer ditches it when he/she become impatient with it. I'm just saying this on the basis that Riolu might be a rare enough Pokemon for most people to be ignorant about the happiness factor. The result of its past treatment makes it into a gloomy little fellow, coming out of its pokeball with a depressed frown and droopy aura antennas. In time it becomes happier, and eventually evolves into Lucario during an important battle. Something like that...

Spiritomb would be cool, but I can't think of a personality and/or scenario for its capture at the moment. Same thing for Gible.

Last edited:

legendarypokemonjunkie17

Back in MY day...
I think that ash catchs a Hippopotas because they have release 3 new episode titles:

Ep 509: Electrike! Practice Centre!
Ep 510: Mismagius! Escape from the nightmare!
Ep 511: Save and Stray Child Hippopotas!

The episode 511 prob be about hippopptas and terefore Ash might catch one or might be based around this pokemon with captureing of any pokemon...

That's what I was thinking. I'm hoping for an Electrike, possibly, a Hippopotas, I highlighted save because Ash might rescue it from Team Rocket and then battle and capture it, a Chimchar, or what everyone, or at least me, wants, a Riolu.

Shell

Ya, so IF Ash cacthes a Hippopotas, my theory would be correct that his Sinnoh team is going in the same format as his Battle Frontier team! Which means his last pokemon would be a water

PamperedPersian1

Nah, I think they're those darn filler episodes (well, maybe a Pokemon will evolve, like Piplup, well actually, no because they always say it in the title in Japan, those spoilers) and if those guys at Game Freak don't get a move on, they are going to have one gym battle after another! Oi!