• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ash's future gym battles

dd1zzle

who do you think Ash will use in his future gym battles?

for Maylene I think: Buizel (obivious), Staravia, and Chimchar (so it can battle Lucario)
and for Wake: ummm... Turtwig, Pikachu, and Buizel\
idk about Fatina, but I think Pikachu for Driftblim

thunderblade12

vs maylene:

dawn: pachirisu, piplup, ambipom
ash: buizel, chimchar, turtwig
ash(rematch): chimchar, gligar(star of the battle), staravia

wake:

paul: gible, electabuzz, torterra
ash: pikachu, turtwig, buizel(star of the battle)

fantina:
dawn(contest): cherrim
ash: gligar, starptor(star of the battle), pikachu

tyron:
nando(yeah...lets give the guy one): ninetales, roserade, yanmega
ash: monferno, riolu(star of the battle), gliscor

roark(cameo)
brock(yes..i know..): mantyke, croagunk, sudowoodo

candice:
ash: monferno(star of the battle) riolu, buizel, grotle

volkner:

ash: pikachu, grotle, gliscor, lucario, monferno, buizel(all 6 are the star of the battle..i think it will be 6 on 6..they will probably add magnezone to his team and a pikachu)

dawn(maybe volkner will be so bored he will compete in a contest and beat dawn)
cherrim and piplup(double battle)

paul: electivire, magmortar, gible, honchkrow, weavile, torterra

Last edited:

RagTag

Shroomin'
I'm not sure what Ash will be using for his battle with Maylene,although I kind of hope that they give Maylene a new pokemon to make it a 4 on 4battle, Just so they'd be able to showcase all of Ash's new pokemon

Dax

Legend
I mean until now, we know Buizel is the one taking it. We have no confirmation and I doubt we will have a title like this if another one will be the one to drop it in the same episode. Unless he loses it's safe to say Buizel is the one taking it.

It doesn't make sense to put a title saying Buizel vs. Lucario if another one will be the one to drop the monster.

Buizel was one of my top choices for this battle so I'm happy. Battle of the titans.:D

Isis-sama

Who knows? Many of Ash's gym battles are a long way off, after all.

In addition, the writers seem to be giving him odd choices for even the upcoming one. I didn't think he'd use Buizel in this one, but he did. The best choices for the next one would seem to be Pikachu, Turtwig or its evolved form, and Buizel but who knows? Even Ash's other two choices for the next battle are uncertain. After everything that's been going on, he might use reserves for all we know.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
I mean until now, we know Buizel is the one taking it. We have no confirmation and I doubt we will have a title like this if another one will be the one to drop it in the same episode. Unless he loses it's safe to say Buizel is the one taking it.

It doesn't make sense to put a title saying Buizel vs. Lucario if another one will be the one to drop the monster.

*sigh* Dax..this is what i was getting at before, remember the title "Pikachu vs Zugadosu" for Ash's first battle against Roark?

By your logic Pikachu should've been the one to beat Zugadosu(aka Cranidos) but instead Turtwig put it down in the end.

I'm just saying that just because a title implies two pokemon are going to fight does not mean that one will beat the other.

cassius335

Aura Trainer
If the writers stick with the game teams for the all future gyms then were looking at:

Maylene- Meditite Machoke Lucario

Wake- Gyarados Quagsire Floatzel

Fantina- Drifblim Gengar Mismagius

Byron- Bronzor Steelix Bastiodon

Candice- Snover Sneasel Medicham Abomasnow

Volkner- Raichu Ambipom Octillery Luxray

Ok, based on current team.

Vs Maylene:Staravia, Buizel, Chimchar (Energy Ball or not, Ash should use the 'bird)

Vs Wake: Turtwig, Buizel, Pikachu.

Fantina: Um... Pikachu, Chimchar, Gligar???

Byron: Chimchar. Just Chimchar.

Candice: Chimchar, Buizel, Pikachu.

Volkner: Pikachu, Gligar, Turtwig

fishyfool

And a nice chianti
Methinks that Buizel could potentially evolve against Maylene's Lucario, and I still say Ash and Riolu are NOT destined for each other. If he does get it, I'm commiting a genocide...

Pkmnlover

I want Johto NOW!!!
I really hope ash uses Gligar against Maylene. It wouldn't be fair if he didn't. But there is Chimchar, Staravia (who needs some attention), Buizel (who is obviously battling) and turtwig just learned Energy ball so Ash might want to use him.

I don't know but I kind of hope ash will battle Maylene twice just because he has so many options that should be used but can't and also, I would like to see Lucario a little more.

Buziel will obviously be battling in the next one. I also think Chimchar will be in it and Glidar since he just caught it. But hopefully they will use a few episodes to train these guy's agianst the gym. It would be great if Ash got a Rilou egg in this gym but who knows if that will happen, one can hope though.

OrangeJumpsuit1

I think the one I am looking most forward too is the Fantina and the Ghost Gym. It been since Johto that Ash had to go up against a ghost gym leader. He had uber-pokemon against Ghost types: Shiny Noctowl. I wonder if the writers put Gligar/Gliscor specifically for this gym...hmmm.

That way he can Oak'em after and get Riolu later....(Sorry had to do this).

PsYcOjOhNnY

The Great Stickman!
it is possible that the reason the title is buizel vs lucario is because maybe in the previous episode while lucario is ANGRY he pisses buizel off. Who we know loves to fight. And thats just a small side story to the actual battle. Since buizel would want to fight him, since he likes to throw punches in the air and not act like a water type with his poses. Maybe thats a reason for the title.

But as was mentioned before, the Ramparados vs Pikachu title was misleading as turtwig beat it and not pikachu. So its probably somehting along those lines.

i think