• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ash's Greninja vs Tobias's Darkrai

Status
Not open for further replies.

raichu27

I would probably say Ash's Greninja, since Greninja resists Ice Beam and Dark Pulse, and immune to Dream Eater. I think his Greninja could win if he uses it right.

Aegiscalibur

Add Witty Title Here
Darkrai would be able to use Dream Eater, no problem. You really think they care about the type chart? Or remember that Greninja is Dark, for that matter?

Genaller

Silver Soul
AG can definitely take Darkrai 1-1. It could probably take Latios as well, though it would likely be severely damaged after facing both.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
That super Darkrai would win no doubt imo. If Ash-ninja can't take down MCX, it shouldn't be able to take down Tobias' Ace Legendary. Latios, unlikely but possible, but most certainly not Darkrai.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
It also begs this question. If Greninja is put to sleep, then does Ash sleep too. This could decide the entire battle easily.

nickdt

Worth noting that it used Dream Eater and OHKO'd Heracross, so the Mega Horn damage was probably completely negated through that.

I'd say Greninja would tie with it or lose.

Ash-Greninja would definitely win. Could probably also defeat Latios given he's immune to Luster Purge and probably fast enough to avoid Giga Impact.

Why you are saying Greninja would tie or lose?Where is that based upon? Regular Greninja cannot win or tie without its Ash-Greninja form.

Ash-Greninja -> Talonflame -> Hawlucha -> Regular Greninja.

Sceptile didn't need a Mega form to beat Darkrai. Granted, Darkrai was hit by Megahorn, but since it used Dream Eater, its health was restored. And it was also hit by the Rock Smash, but still, Rock Smash isn't that good of a move.

But we musn't forget that Charizard was hit by a SE Thunderbolt and was thus more damaged than Darkrai was before facing Greninja. And Greninja was also hitting it before Charizard went Mega. This thus confirms Base Sceptile is stronger than Ash-Greninja.

Last edited:

Xenon Blue

No Hard Feelings
Why you are saying Greninja would tie or lose?Where is that based upon? Regular Greninja cannot win or tie without its Ash-Greninja form.

Ash-Greninja -> Talonflame -> Hawlucha -> Regular Greninja.

Sceptile didn't need a Mega form to beat Darkrai. Granted, Darkrai was hit by Megahorn, but since it used Dream Eater, its health was restored. And it was also hit by the Rock Smash.

But we musn't forget that Charizard was hit by a SE Thunderbolt and was thus more damaged than Darkrai was before facing Greninja. And Greninja was also hitting it before Charizard went Mega. This thus confirms Base Sceptile is stronger than Ash-Greninja.

That is assuming Darkrai is on the same level as Alain's ZardX. For all we know ZardX could be stronger than Tobias' Darkrai. But yea there is no way smogonfrog can beat Darkrai. If he becomes IKUZE-mode, I still don't think it's that much stronger than Ash's Sceptile.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
I don't see how Ash-Greninja could beat Darkrai. Darkrai crushed three pokemon with ease before being taken out. Greninja is just one pokemon with a new form. Even if it takes out Darkrai, there is no way it would take out Latios too if the battle was more than a one on one.

Genaller

Silver Soul
Honestly if Ash's bond with Sceptile was what got Sceptile out of Dark Void then I don't see why AG can't do the same thing considering that Ash and Greninja's bond is even stronger since they're mentally synchronized. Also even with DE healing Darkrai was at around 70+-10%. I've already explained on other threads why Ash-Greninja is Ash's strongest, so I'm not doing that again here. Yes I do think AG can beat Darkrai at full health. The simple version of the argument goes Ash-Greninja > Base Ace Champion Pokémon > Darkrai. The more interesting question is whether AG could take both Darkrai and Latios and I'd say he'd at the very least push Latios pretty far though I'd say it's odds of actually winning are 50/50. People really tend to overhype Darkrai. I see it on the same lvl of an E4 base regular Pokémon and that's all. Alain's MC X > E4 Mega Ace Pokémon so don't use AG's loss against it as a counter argument. For a detailed analysis on Alain's MC X's strength see my first post of the Alain vs Diantha thread. Also without Ash-Greninja, Greninja 12-4-1 > Hawlucha 9-9-1 = Talonflame 9-9-1 so can we please get this misconception that base Greninja is weaker than Hawlucha and Talonflame out of the way. Base Greninja is still tier 1 albeit on the lower end of it.

Last edited:

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
There's hardly anything practical about using the same attack over and over.
Well seeing as he took that same Darkrai and swept all but one match with it, that one match it still KOd 3 Pokemon and left the fourth prone for an easy revenge KO, yeah I'd say his tactics were highly practical.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Tobias is a plot device, so he could WTFPWN Cynthia's Garchomp if they wrote it down

Yes, I'm still bitter about it

Sitar

Well, since this Darkrai is weakling compared to legends from film, and has low hp, Greninja with his type effectiveness has good chances. He is powerful enough (probably more than Sceptile) to KO him in 2-3 hits, and is fast enough to dodge void. Of course victory is not guaranteed

DankOverlord

Komodo Dragons Rule!
Tobias is a plot device, so he could WTFPWN Cynthia's Garchomp if they wrote it down

Yes, I'm still bitter about it

Well, Tobias got beaten by Cynthia if her still being the champion in BW 2 Anime is any indication

Tobias would win.

Also what does Cynthia have to do with this exactly? Why does everyone compare literally every other battler to her? If she is as strong as the fandom says then comparing her to other characters basically isn't gonna work, cause the fanbase have, will and shall continue to make Cynthia win. Every time.

TBH what I would like to see is Satoshi vs Daigo. We know already that Daigo would mop the floor with Satoshi, but it just seems illogical to make Satoshi fight some champions and not others.

But what if....

Tobias vs Daigo?

Oooooh

Status
Not open for further replies.