• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ash's Greninja vs Tobias's Darkrai

Status
Not open for further replies.

UbersSuck20

#FreeGenesect
If IKUZEfrog had to fight Tobias's Darkrai in a 1-on-1 match, who would win?

Xenon Blue

No Hard Feelings
Really hard to tell. I want to say IKUZEfrog because Dream Eater doesn't work against it, but how many times has psychic-type moves worked against a dark-type?

Lionel_B

I have no opinion on the matter.

For me, Tobias was created to prevent that Ash won the Sinnoh League. Except that unlike someone like Tyson, there is nothing interesting in Tobias apart from the fact that he has legendary Pokémon. He has no personality (except say "lol, I'm too cool !", when I think reproach it to Alan), And therefore it's one of the worst character ever created for the anime.

But as I like the idea that Ash's Sceptile is the only Pokémon to beat Tobias's Darkrai, I'll say that Tobias's Darkrai beats Ash Greninja :D !

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I'm guessing it'll most likely end in a draw but it's pretty much impossible to tell who would win at this point unless Lord Tobias returned to battle Ash.

Haunter ゴースト

Ash-Greninja.

Ash's Sceptile took it down when Darkrai had taken little to no damage. I think it's agreed by the majority that Ash-Greninja is better than Ash's Sceptile. To further this point, obviously not all Pokemon are the same but Ash-Greninja just took down a Mega Sceptile.

I think Ash-Greninja could quite possibly take out both Darkrai and Latios before falling.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
I think Darkrai would win. Ash-Greninja should not be treated as an Arceus. If Darkrai doesn't take it out then Latios will.

Greninja would likely win since Darkrai wasn't that much of a hurdle for Ash in Sinnoh. It only seemed like a challenge because Ash wasted time using a few fodder Pokemon against it at first.

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master
Ash's Sceptile was able to beat Tobias's Darkrai. It stands to reason that an Ash-Greninja would be able to do the same, especially with its bond phenomenon to boost its strength.

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
So we're all just going to ignore that Sceptile did not beat Darkrai 1v1 and was aided by the contributions of Heracross and Gible. And no. Dream Eater should not have fully restored Darkrai's health from the brink either (I'd estimate it'd be returned to about 50% before Gible fought it as well).

Cevil

So we're all just going to ignore that Sceptile did not beat Darkrai 1v1 and was aided by the contributions of Heracross and Gible. And no. Dream Eater should not have fully restored Darkrai's health from the brink either (I'd estimate it'd be returned to about 50% before Gible fought it as well).

Yeah, I'm annoyed that people still can't acknowledge that Darkrai took two super effective hits, a Megahorn from Heracross and a Rock Smash from Gible. Sceptile did finish him off, but without those attacks Darkrai probably would've swept Ash's entire team.

Last edited:

Cevil

Oh, and answering the question: Darkrai would take lots of damage but in the end be the last one standing. Legendaries are shown to be on a whole new level than standard Pokemon, and despite Darkrai's Dream Eater having no effect against Greninja and Ice Beam being not very effective, if Tobias plays his cards right he could win. If not? Darkrai eventually gets taken out, as going into a CQC situation with Ash-Greninja would be a funeral.

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
Dream Eater doesn't work against Dark Types. Also Greninja resists Darkrai's other two moves Ice Beam and Dark Pulse.

Ash-Greninja could defeat Darkrai if Ash uses him correctly.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Ash-Greninja will not win against two legendary pokemon that is for sure. Never said Sceptile was an Arceus. It won with a critical hit from Leaf Blade and past experience.
But this topic isn't asking if it can beat both Darkrai AND Latios, just if it can win a 1-on-1 with Darkrai.

AuraKshatriya

Yeah, I'm annoyed that people still can't acknowledge that Darkrai took two super effective hits, a Megahorn from Heracross and a Rock Smash from Gible. Sceptile did finish him off, but without those attacks Darkrai probably would've swept Ash's entire team.

Worth noting that it used Dream Eater and OHKO'd Heracross, so the Mega Horn damage was probably completely negated through that.

I'd say Greninja would tie with it or lose.

Ash-Greninja would definitely win. Could probably also defeat Latios given he's immune to Luster Purge and probably fast enough to avoid Giga Impact.

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
With what we have seen Greninja would win, I mean Sceptile was a badass, but remember that Tobias congratulated Ash Gible and freaking Heracross landed a solid hit.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Normal Gekkouga Vs. Takuto's Darkrai would probably lose, but Satoshi-Gekkouga's so hyped that I feel liked he'd win hands down.

Status
Not open for further replies.