• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ash's Journeys Team and Pokémon of the Year results

Status
Not open for further replies.

zephyr92

Hello everyone!
This is my first post here, but I really wanted to ask you guys about something I noticed and I haven't seen anyone discussing here.
Do you guys feel like the results of Pokémon of the Year are influencing Ash's team composition in Journeys?

So, Charizard, Gengar, Bulbasaur, Pikachu, Eevee, Dragonite, Mew, Mewtwo, Arcanine and Lapras were the most voted Kanto pokémon.
Ash already had Charizard, Bulbasaur, Pikachu and Lapras.
Mew and Mewtwo are legendary, which means they are probably out of the options.
That left us with Gengar (Ash caught it), Dragonite (Ash caught it), Eevee (which apparently is going for the female character) and Arcanine.
Lucario was voted the most popular in the Sinnoh region, and Ash caught it.
And Sirfetch'd was voted 11th in the Galar region.

So, baring in mind that this theory could go down the drain if Ash catches Dracovish on friday, here are some pokémon I feel Ash could catch:
- Tyranitar or Scizor from Johto (2nd and 5th most voted respectively);
- Gardevoir from Hoenn (2nd)
- Luxray from Sinnoh (3rd, unlikely given that it's an electric-type)
- Chandelure, Zoroark, Hydreigon, Volcarona or Haxorus from Unova (all top-5, Chandelure, Hydreigon and Haxorus seem unlikely given that he's already caught Gengar and Dragonite);
- Aegislash from Kalos (3rd, but again it's a ghost-type)
- Mimikyu from Alola (1st, but again it's a ghost-type)
- Dragapult (1st, but it's a dragon/ghost type), Toxtricity (electric type, so unlikely), Corviknight and Frosmoth.

Dracovish was voted 25th most popular pokémon in the Galar region, so I guess even if Ash catches it, it wouldn't completely disprove this theory.
But anyway, what do you guys think? Am I seeing things or does it really make sense?

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Unless Mr. Mime counts as his, which I don't think, then Psychic and Fairy are the last two types he hasn't had before, so maybe Gardevoir

Yveltal91057

It’s Kalos season!
When was the last time that we saw Ash’s Mr. Mime in the anime? I don’t see him using it in battles.

Out of all the Psychic types in the game and instead of Mr. Mime, they could have easily given Ash one of the following: Galarian Slowbro/Galarian Slowking, Starmie, Gardevoir, Metagross, Claydol and Musharna.

Last edited:

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Just a coincidence. The Pokemon they've given him in PM2019 is a selection of some of the most popular and heavily marketed Pokemon there is, and while it's not exactly surprising these Pokemon also ranked high in that poll, there's no reason to assume any correlation. These Pokemon rank high in all polls, since they're, you know, popular.

Status
Not open for further replies.