• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ash's Lack Of A Baby This Gen:

Status
Not open for further replies.

DANdotW

Previously Iota
The other thread is closed, and as the request of Chelc states, I must make a rule here for no debating of any kind. This thread is only for discussion.

Ash is one of the few main cast members now not to have a baby Pokémon. Phanpy was born from an egg, and so technically was a baby Pokémon, but not by our definition of a pre-evolution of a previously revealed Pokémon.

Misty had Togepii, and Azuril. Brock had Happiny and Bonsly. May had Munchlax.

So far, it is really Ash and Dawn that don't.

What are everyone's opinions?

Iota

IMO, Satoshi doesn't need a Baby Pokemon.
Baby Pokemon (Bar Munchlax and Happiny) tend to be pretty frail and, for lack of a better term, "baby-ish," when he catches Pokemon that are ready for battle most of the time.

Hikari will most likely have one eventually. Not now, though. Maybe in the filler season.

~AussieWonder~

Im glad. It was good to see Brock with Happiny and Bonsly, but as we all know, baby pokemon might be cute, but thats about it. Besides, with a rival like Paul, Ash needs all the powerhouses he can get. Dawn I couldnt really care less about.

DANdotW

Previously Iota
I agree. I've never really seen Ash with any sort of baby Pokémon. So far, they've all looked to small and fragile to be on a team, although I at one point saw him working well with a Mantyke.

However, Dawn would suit a baby, but it would more than likely be a Pokémon from the next generation, if there is one.

Iota

BirdStaraptor

Sinnoh Master
When Chimchar did cry in chimchar's tears episode, I though he is a baby but maybe Iam wrong.

DANdotW

Previously Iota
When Chimchar did cry in chimchar's tears episode, I though he is a baby but maybe Iam wrong.

Very wrong. If you watched the episode with the sound and picture on, you'd have known that Chimchar cried because he wasn't used to being treated nicely, and his emotions got the better of him. This isn't a thread about this, so stop now.

Discuss baby Pokémon, not whether you think a Pokémon acts like a baby.

Iota

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
I am expecting Dawn to capture an actual baby Pokemon (not a pre-evo), in the Filler Saga. She's already mimicking Mays team at the moment, so why not continue to do so and let her get an egg (like Eevee) and a baby (like Squirtle)...

But as for Pre-evos, I don't really see what the big deal is with those two not having one. Whats left to choose from? Just Mantyke...and i honestly doubt any of them would get one, unless Brocks mother sends him an egg from her Mantine.

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
he other thread is closed, and as the request of Chelc states, I must make a rule here for no debating of any kind

How can you have a thread without any debating whatsoever? I can understand debates about Ash that aren't related, but no debates period is just a stupid rule. :/

hmmm

Scuffle of Legends
i wish he would have gotten one, it would truely show him pokemon training skills! Taking a pokemon with lame moves or egg moves if he is lucky, and work on it until its a super awesome pokemon! if he did ti would probably be his strongest one that he could show off and feel proud about.

i could see ash getting an egg in the next gen, and it hatches into a starter, and becomes another charizard/sceptile

TurtwigFan1

burning it down
I can see Ash with a Mantyke, but not fully evolving. I reckon he might get another egg and Dawn will definitely get an egg in the BF season. I can see Dawn getting a 5th Gen baby like May. Ash's baby could be in the 5th Gen, another Phanpy who gets a lot stronger.

IMPERIAL DRAGON

Enemy Of Reality
Haha no debate? Might as well make the rule ‘any discussion of any kind is not necessary; members with opinions need not apply’ then lock the thread immediately after creation. Full on lol’d when I read that.

But in all seriousness, I’ve always assumed the reason Ash hasn’t been lumbered with a true baby is because it would be a poor choice on the writer’s part. I mean it’s not as though he always evolves every member of his team, but having a baby the writers would prefer not to evolve is pretty much the same as having a blank space in the team. Hatching normal ones from eggs is fine, fits with Ash’s dynamic, but a real baby would seem like such dead weight.

Would not be surprised if Dawn got a baby at some point in the future...

ZgonDuck

Like A Boss
Maybe he'll get one next generation. Besides Riolu (hahhahahahahaha!), no new baby Pokemon fitted him this Gen or ever. It would have been more of a hindrance and everyone would have whined about "unrealistic" is would be for a baby Pokemon to beat a Gym Leader Pokemon. Next gen, we might get something interesting, like a fire baby panda or something, but even if he doesn't I think that he'll a baby Pokemon eventually.

And Dawn will get one, probably in the filler saga.

Pokemonwarrior

I Am Your Nightmare
I think Dawn could use a baby for contests or just to carry around so Piplup can stay in its ball more maybe a Cleffa I think it suits her.

By the way Brock needs a Tyrogue already (though unlikely) I always thought that would be a perfect for him.

Ash will not get a Baby (Thats a preform but maybe a un-evolved Pokemon like Phanpy) anytime soon they all are not really battle friendly and thats what Ash is mainly into. The only babies he could get if he were to get one is Tyrogue (Brock is more suited for this Pokemon) or Riolu but theres a chance Riolu would over shadow Pikachu and the writers don't want to take away from Pikachu.

Last edited:

Waterpokes

Too say that Riolu would overshadow Pikachu, Piplup took the job and we are seeing more penguin then mouse. So no other Pokemon are better than Piplup to overshadow Pikachu, I mean it. The only baby Pokemon Brock can get now, has to Tyrogue, it would be great to have and I think Dawn should get some Johto Pokemon, and Ash has never got some, since they were going to give him Togepi, but Misty got it, he already had Snorlax, so Munclax went to Snorlax and Bonsly and Happiny, they were just Brock's.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
By the way Brock needs a Tyrogue already (though unlikely) I always thought that would be a perfect for him.

I think a Tyrogue could work with Ash, because of the whole "not-giving-up-a-fight-thing", although I can't imagine him with any of the Hitmon's.

MechaBulba

King of the Monsters
I don't think Ash needs a Baby in the form of a Pre-Evo, As like what has been said Phanpy/Donpahn is still a baby pokemon, since its still rather young (well not anymore since its been years).

I would argue that Gligar/Gliscor is Ash's baby, as it seems to be a young pokemon (especially compared with Paul's). As for Dawn is her blue Squirrel not meant to be the youngest of the main casts pokemon after Happiny? Piplup should also be a baby, since Starter pokemon are meant to be given out at a young age?

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I consider baby Pokemon to be ones that hatch from eggs, not the pre-evo's.

So Ash had Phanpy, May had Eevee, Misty had Togepi, and Brock had Happiny, and Bonsly was pretty young since it needed a bottle.

One thing I liked about Phanpy/Eevee is they could battle right after being hatched. They were more like real animals in that way.

piplup_777

Paparazzi ♪♫
pachirisu is dawns baby :]

an under used baby :/

hmmm

Scuffle of Legends
Besides Riolu (hahhahahahahaha!), no new baby Pokemon fitted him this Gen or ever.

You forgot to add

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

yeah the only way i see ash getting a baby is a next gen baby, either in the filler saga , or in the 5th gen

Status
Not open for further replies.