• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ash's most likeable team

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheNewGuy

There's a lot of talk about who should be in Ash's strongest team - Charizard, Greninja, Sceptile, blah blah blah, and those are always fun, but what would Ash's most likeable team be?

They always try and imbue any Pokemon he catches with some sort of personality, but sometimes that fades away over time and they almost become another warm body. Some, however, maintain that personality all the way through, or they'll develop that personality.

So the first two I'm thinking about are Hawlucha and Krookodile. Also Squirtle, because https://media.giphy.com/media/awRutawdcWLJe/giphy.gif

After that though it's a bit more difficult. I like Buizel, Oshawott, Charizard for being a bro, Pikachu has been characterised a lot over the years, Sceptile for being both a cool badass but also a romantic...there are lots of choices here.

Infernape is a sympathetic character but I'm not sure I'd put him down as one of the most likeable. IDK. Who would you include?

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
This is way simple for me.

-Pikachu
-Bayleef
-Gliscor
-Hawlucha
-Krokodile

At least for the first 5...

I mean the sixth is hard, zard got gud, donphan is great, that Taurous is fun, Totodile is amazing, snivy is decently developed despite it flopping harder than buizel, Buizel is up there, Torterra was fun, staraptor was the bird with a heart, Talonflame is the not KiritoBird(Swellow) with good development, Sceptile had a fun run, infernape is a sympathetic screenhogger, Glalie was great, Staraptor had an arc and was the first bird with personality, Bulbasaur is the mediator and father figure, Squirtle is ****ing awesome and Gible was a better Totodile, heck even scraggy and corpfish were fun.

Ill go with Squirtle, Sceptile or zard for last, heck probably Gible or Glalie, or probably give scraggy a chance to bloom as we never knew if he mastered focus blast.

Heck screw everything! nostalgia has spoken and so I'll go with zard as the sixth!

Last edited:

SoundVoltex

Pikachu, Gible, Squirtle, Bulbasaur, Infernape and Sceptile.

Personally, I think Bulbasaur and Squirtle are a set package together.

nickdt

Gonna include seven here, Pikachu, Bulbasaur and Squirtle, Bayleef, Buizel, Glalie and Charizard

SoundVoltex

Pikachu, Gible, Squirtle, Bulbasaur, Infernape and Sceptile.

Personally, I think Bulbasaur and Squirtle are a set package together.
Going to rotate Infernape out for Scraggy. I honestly think Scraggy and Gible would be a dynamic duo, but they both have their lovable natures.

SoundVoltex

New list after giving it some thought:

Pikachu, Goodra, Scraggy, Gible, Squirtle, and Bulbasaur

I think all these Pokemon have enough of a personality difference to be their own character, but they're all very lovable, even in a cliche way. I can't imagine anyone NOT liking these Pokemon and setting them up for success.

As for Squirtle and Bulbasaur, I think they're just too much of a dynamic duo to ignore. Their personality traits really mesh well together, and it's shown throughout Kanto and Johto.

In terms of just LIKING these characters, these are the ones I would be rooting for.

ZettaSlowKing

Gonna exempt Pikachu just because hes the obvious choice. So starting from that I'd say...

Bulbasaur
Squirtle
Krookodile
Heracross
Hawlucha
Aaaaaand Infernape.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Nobody yet giving love to Muk? How is Muk not the most likable dude on Ash's entire roster? It's got so much love to give!

This is way simple for me.

-Pikachu
-Bayleef
-Gliscor
-Hawlucha
-Krookodile

At least for the first 5...

I'll go with Squirtle, Sceptile or zard for last, heck probably Gible or Glalie, or probably give scraggy a chance to bloom as we never knew if he mastered focus blast.

Heck screw everything! nostalgia has spoken and so I'll go with zard as the sixth!

I can agree to those five. But if we were to go for one from each team, and exempt Pikachu for being too obvious, then it would be these six:

- Muk
- Bayleef, though Totodile and Heracross are equally as likable.. Bayleef just takes the cake.
- Glalie
- Gliscor, though Gible is goofy as well, I just can't resist "The Wink.. ;P"
- Krookodile, Scraggy is second.
- Hawlucha

When Charizard joined the team in Episode N, I didn't get the "Jeeh, this is making the team's feel a bit more likable"-vibe, so I'll pass on Zard.

Scraggy mastered Focus Blast, it even did an amazing double Focus Blast if I recall correctly.

Last edited:

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
Nobody yet giving love to Muk? How is Muk not the most likable dude on Ash's entire roster? It's got so much love to give!

I can agree to those five. But if we were to go for one from each team, and exempt Pikachu for being too obvious, then it would be these six:

- Muk
- Bayleef, though Totodile and Heracross are equally as likable.. Bayleef just takes the cake.
- Glalie
- Gliscor, though Gible is goofy as well, I just can't resist "The Wink.. ;P"
- Krookodile, Scraggy is second.
- Hawlucha

When Charizard joined the team in Episode N, I didn't get the "Jeeh, this is making the team's feel a bit more likable"-vibe, so I'll pass on Zard.

Scraggy mastered Focus Blast, it even did an amazing double Focus Blast if I recall correctly.

Muk is really under explored, we see him mostly as comic relief that's why I don't count him.

Gliscor is there for being the fun guy, hawlucha is bombastic so he HAD to be in there, krokodile is really memorable and him working with Pikachu is always nice, one of the few salvageable things from the unova fiasco along scraggy wich I didn't count in as he loses glimmer without Axew.

If I went for single per region we would lose on the comedic duo of Squirtle and bulbasaur, you can't tear the bros.

I went with zard for nostalgia, but there are a lot of runner-ups, heck corpfish or Sceptile doing shenanigans or gible and totodile biting stuff would be hilarious, but I went for charismatic Pokémon.

And honestly I thought krokodile and zard duking it out as the competent ones would be worth seeing.

Also bayleef vs unfezant would be ridiculous XD

Last edited:

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
Gliscor, Krookodile, Scraggy, Gible, Totodile, and Bayleef

Last edited:

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Muk is really under explored, we see him mostly as comic relief that's why I don't count him.

Gliscor is there for being the fun guy, hawlucha is bombastic so he HAD to be in there.

If I went for single per region we would lose on the comedic duo of Squirtle and bulbasaur, you can't tear the bros.

I went with zard for nostalgia, but there are a lot of runner-ups, heck corpfish or Sceptile doing shenanigans or gible and totodile biting stuff would be hilarious, but I went for charismatic Pokémon.

And honestly I thought krokodile and zard duking it out as the competent ones would be worth seeing.

Also bayleef vs unfezant would be ridiculous XD

I thought the point was that there wasn't a need for battle competent ones. Which is why I didn't get why people were suggesting Infernape and Sceptile. Sure, you can like them, but in terms of whether they're nice guys, welll.. No. Especially in Sceptile's case, he's a very potent battler, but ever since evolving, he's been showing less emotions then he was while a Grovyle. And I get that that's wholly subjective. One might have a fond memory of Sceptile giving a thumbs-up and think: "Jeeh, what a bro!" and some might just have a general recollection of it battling well.

Muk might be underexplored as a character, but whenever we see him, he brings the love. Each one that I picked brings a smile to my face whenever I see them. Aside from "one from each gen", that's the only criteria I imposed on myself.

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
I thought the point was that there wasn't a need for battle competent ones. Which is why I didn't get why people were suggesting Infernape and Sceptile. Sure, you can like them, but in terms of whether they're nice guys, welll.. No. Especially in Sceptile's case, he's a very potent battler, but ever since evolving, he's been showing less emotions then he was while a Grovyle. And I get that that's wholly subjective. One might have a fond memory of Sceptile giving a thumbs-up and think: "Jeeh, what a bro!" and some might just have a general recollection of it battling well.

Muk might be underexplored as a character, but whenever we see him, he brings the love. Each one that I picked brings a smile to my face whenever I see them. Aside from "one from each gen", that's the only criteria I imposed on myself.

I already had bayleef as big pile of love, and Sceptile+corpfish was a thing, he is also a romantic even if he grew a bit out of it.

Krookodile is hilarious with his glasses, and zard is a cool guy with a temper they got along decently on Decolora if I recall. Well the only real nod was zard and pignite.

Afrodisiac

break up w yo gf, im bored
Staraptor.. personality?! The way i hollered right now

Infernape was pretty bland outside of its sloppy backstory.

Anyway, back to topic:

- Kinglucha
- Corphish
- Gliscor
- Bulbasaur
- Scraggy
- Bayleef

Greneuliest808

Future Graduate
If we're thinking in terms of "likable" rather than Ash's best team, I think I'll go with Gliscor, Noivern, Corphish, Bayleef, Krookodile, and Hawlucha.

Status
Not open for further replies.