• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ash's most likeable team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
Hawlucha, Luchabull, Kinglucha, Papalucha, Brolucha, and Ash-Hawlucha.

The definitive list. Arguing with it leads to a High-Jump Kick to the face. Come at me Bros.

If I get to hear Flying Satoshi for 22 minutes I approve of this.

Janovy

Banned
Snivy, Hawlucha, Totodile, Gible, Scraggy, Pikachu.

Most interesting/entertaining Pokemon from Ash's ensemble of Pokemon.

And I'm shocked by the lack of Snivy in these posts. One of the best Pokemon ever in terms of personality and behavior. More personality than Ash's entire XY team.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
Queen Bayleef needs no explanation, she is freaking adorable.
Gliscor still maintains his cute and sometimes crybaby attitude. I love the wink and I love the Pokemon.
Bro-lucha.. Again, do I need to explain? It's awesome and so entertaining every time it appears.
Muk. Who doesn't love the fact that it loves and therefore glomps everyone?
Charizard? Come on, we've seen so much of its personality because of how well it was developed. It must be included.
Totodile is by far the water type with the biggest personality among Ash's Pokemon. How can you not love it's dancing?

So yeah, that's my team.. It's a shame that Aipom didn't stay with him and remain unevolved because she was freaking adorable.

Last edited:

gliscor&yanmega

Well I guess it could be done in two ways:
1-The most likable team for myself; which would more or less be the top 6 favorites. In which case, Greninja, Krookodile, Gliscor, Sceptile, Heracross, and Charizard. I'd like to see something from each gen on his team so more a matter of favorite from each gen I guess.

2-The most likable for the majority of people. Which is pretty difficult to determine regardless, lots of factors to take in but nonetheless:
Pikachu-It's overall a nice Pokemon, has it's quirk of liking ketchup, makes Pokefaces from time to time. It was even stubborn at the start. It doesn't really do anything personality wise that would make most roll their eyes.
Bulbasaur-I feel most people would like the fact it tries to bring the peace. However, it didn't really come off friendly for the most part, so if anything, it could be seen as too serious.
Charizard-Pretty much it's whole story. Started out with a sob story so people had to feel sorry for it. It evolved and became kind of annoying, but eventually it had another heart warming moment and it became more likable again. The breathing fire on your face is probably not much of a likable quality though if you're own the receiving end.
Muk-? I mean, so long as it's not body slamming you, then it's probably nice seeing such a thing with loving qualities.
Totodile-It's always smiling and dancing, I'm sure most people would be happy around it.
Sceptile-Got the cool guy attitude, but as such, not too much on the friendly side.
Infernape-Mainly due to its story. Feel sorry for it, and then be proud it was able to prove itself.
Buizel-Another cool guy, again not much for friendly.
Gliscor-The crybaby part I don't feel would be likable to most, but it's growth I feel would be liked. Plus it has its cute quirk of winking and sticking out its tongue.
Snivy-Cool girl attitude. Also had some peace making qualities. But again, not too friendly.
Leavanny-It's a pretty happy Pokemon(Not as a Swadloon), it'll make you a leaf hood, who wouldn't want that.
Krookodile-Another cool guy, and again, not too much in terms of friendliness. It does have the crybaby aspect to it when it loses its glasses but I feel most people would just find it amusing or feel sorry for it instead of getting annoyed by it.
Squirtle-It was pretty friendly, not much really sticks out but you probably wont be annoyed by being around it.
Lapras-It was a baby but not a crybaby, the kind of baby you want to protect. It wasn't gleaming with personality, but it seemed pretty likable anyways.
Greninja-Cool guy, not too friendly.
Hawlucha-Cool guy, kind of friendly. I feel most would enjoy seeing it's flashy personality.
Goodra-It's just really happy.

So I don't know. If I had to pick 6 from there(And one from each gen again), probably be Pikachu, Totodile, Sceptile, Infernape, Leavanny, And Hawlucha. Balance of cool, happy, and nice.

Emperor Empoleon

Honor of Kalos
Luchabro ~ A real family mon.
Gliscor ~ Lovable, reliable goofball.
Sceptile ~ Cool, collected, and noteworthy for its strength.
Snivy ~ Little miss badass.
Krookodile ~ Proud and competitive, but compassionate and sensitive.
Goodra ~ Absolutely adorable.

I would've given Palpitoad a spot if its personality were intact :<

Last edited:

Lexya428

Pokèmon Master
Pikachu
Heracross
Bayleef
Totodile
Quilava
Noctowl

Pidgeot, Butterfree, Lapras, Squirtle, Bulbasaur if they weren't released or in training.
I want to fit Muk in too because he's very likable. :)

Last edited:

AuraKshatriya

Ah, this is tough. I'll violate the 6-Pokemon restriction somewhat.
Unlike most people here it seems, I dislike Scraggy, so that's one less to worry about.

Pikachu [He's awesome and we've seen the most of him.]

Bulbasaur+Squirtle [The ultimate bros, the former is like the aloof and discerning "bad cop", and Squirtle is one of the few that can mellow him out as the "good cop", also works incredibly hard. Both have great leadership ability.]

Bayleef [Puts emotions on full display and works hard.]

Charizard/Sceptile [Both very cool, prideful, and fairly discerning. Also showed more romantic sides at different points. Charizard's was successful, Sceptile's... was not. (Though I guess Snivy might work if it ever reaches its final stage.)]

Snivy [Arguably the most intelligent character in BW, human or Pokemon. Also has a cool personality.]

Hawlucha [Prideful, flashy, compassionate, intelligent, strong, great sense of justice. Lots of character development.]

Goodra [Very giving, pleasant, and friendly. Self-sacrificing and determined.]

I suppose Krookodile's a cool guy too, though. Greninja could arguably go with Charizard and Sceptile.

And I'd still like to see some Snivy/Sceptile interactions at the ranch given how similar they are (Grass-type reptiles with serious and discerning personalities that enjoy battling and take challenges seriously).

Last edited:

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Pikachu
Heracross
Bayleef
Totodile
Quilava
Noctowl

Pidgeot, Butterfree, Lapras, Squirtle, Bulbasaur if they weren't released or in training.
I want to fit Muk in too because he's very likable. :)

I'm missing Donphan on your list.. xD

Lionel_B

Pikachu, Oshawott, Glalie, Hawlucha, Primeape and Tauros.

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
And I'm shocked by the lack of Snivy in these posts. One of the best Pokemon ever in terms of personality and behavior. More personality than Ash's entire XY team.

Snivy? Can't remember any memorable moments expect her playing the lady of the team. Krookodile was better IMO.

Staraptor.. personality?! The way i hollered right now

Infernape was pretty bland outside of its sloppy backstory.

Wait...

I understand your opinion about Staraptor, but Infernape showed so many emotions, especially as Chimchar. That moment when it cried while hugging Ash was so heart breaking...

Last edited:

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
I understand your opinion about Staraptor, but Infernape showed so many emotions, especially as Chimchar. That moment when it cried while hugging Ash was so heart breaking...

Bolded it for you..

From what I gather, some people tend to use reasonings like "everything before the final evolution doesn't matter". I've seen them use this reasoning to boast about Swellow's reputation (despite Taillow being dead weight until the 6th gym) and to downplay whoever they see fit (Talonflame, Torterra, Staraptor, etc). Apparently it seems to extend to character as well now.

Navin

MALDREAD
From what I gather, some people tend to use reasonings like "everything before the final evolution doesn't matter". I've seen them use this reasoning to boast about Swellow's reputation (despite Taillow being dead weight until the 6th gym) and to downplay whoever they see fit (Talonflame, Torterra, Staraptor, etc). Apparently it seems to extend to character as well now.

How about you ease up on the passive aggressive comments mate?

Status
Not open for further replies.