• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ash's new rival

Status
Not open for further replies.

wiitard119

What type of person do you want as the new rival?
at this point right now i currently want the trainer who abandoned Froakie/Keromatsu as the new rival for Ash.
It will be like a new paul-esque rival which was imo the best rival ash ever had.

so what type of trainer do you guys want as the new rival?

JD

I'd rather have an experienced rival for Ash Froakie's old trainer was a rookie apparently.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
He didn't "abandon" froakie
Froakie was being disobedient to a bunch of trainers that returned him to sycamore. The last trainer released him instead. It would be hard to view that trainer as a bad guy.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
They should not give a Starting Trainer as a Rival to Ash as that seriously hampers Ash's growth.

I would like his Rival to be an Experienced Trainer who had traveled to a few different regions before he arrived in Kalos. Also his characterization should be different from Paul or else he won't have anything new to offer.

They should not give a Starting Trainer as a Rival to Ash as that seriously hampers Ash's growth.

I would like his Rival to be an Experienced Trainer who had traveled to a few different regions before he arrived in Kalos. Also his characterization should be different from Paul or else he won't have anything new to offer.

I agree that the main rival shouldn't be a starter trainer but I think that concept holds a lot of value in a secondary rival. If done correctly it can be a rookie who looks up to Ash, maybe having seen him on TV in previous leagues (like max) and wants to continuously battle Ash and become stronger. While Ash can act as a kind of mentor, fashioning this rookie into a skilled trainer, leading to an epic emotional league showdown

Eneci

FrogadierMasterLucas
We need a rival with a killer Chesknight or whatever Chespins final evo calls itself. I want to see that bastard fight.

LizardonX

Banned
XY is more or less AG 2.0. He won't be getting a true rival for quite some time and definitely not one as skilled as paul.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
XY is more or less AG 2.0. He won't be getting a true rival for quite some time and definitely not one as skilled as paul.

Yeah but I don't see what's wrong with a trainer that's not a beginner either. I rather we didn't know how experienced he is. It's not like certain characters get to know how experienced he is once he gets to a certain region either.

An00bis

Wicked Witch
I wanted Serena to be the Rival.

A region that valued art, food, and fashion seemed like a perfect place to introduce a serious female rival. " Serious " in the sense that she wasn't a complete joke like the female Pokemon Trainers before her. Also a region that has a slant towards cute Pokemon over tough looking ones, so yeah.

Initially I imagined Serena as a girly-girl who wanted to prove that she was strong to impress Ash. Eventually she comes to realize that Ash cares more about his Pokemon than he does about the possibility of a relationship so her training style shifts. Ash still beats her in the end but she puts up a good fight. Their arch ends with her renewing her journey so she can form a strong bond with her Pokemon ... and with the hope that in a few years Ash might finally notice her.

I also imagined Eevee and Slyveon being one of the Pokemon she absolutely mus have. The general idea being that Serena wanted Eevee to evolve into Slyveon but initially did not have a strong bond with any of her Pokemon. She wasn't cruel to them but she didn't see them as much more as a means to gain attention (similar to May's problem with Bulbasaur). After her revelation she starts over with Eevee and eventually gains its trust enough for it to evolve. So a symbolic thing similar to how Silver's Golbat only evolved from happiness after he had a change of heart in the games.

Knightlite

What about the guy with the Mega Blaziken? I think he would be an interesting rival, although his role will almost be like a guardian. The storyline could be interesting with Ash being unable to defeat Mega Blaziken until he learns how to Mega-evolve his Pokemon and he gets Charizard back as Mega Charizard to fight the Mega Blaziken in the end.

JD

Tell me where you got your crystal ball I'd love to know.

We really can't say it's AG 2.0 yet considering we only have two similarities the four person group and Ash only receiving one starter Pokemon.

Sephora

yes I'm back
I hope Ash doesn't get a rival this series.

fenniken

fire master
quote me
Serena as rival she is mad ar ash for leaving her her rage cab bulid up a love-hate reletionship

i want the rival to have
experience--traveled through kanto,jhoto,hoenn,sinnoh, and unova and competed in their leagues and placing top 2 and top 4
interactions--how ritchie and cameron interacted with ash
battles--by the time the league arrives their battle record is tied
pokemon--starter (chesnaught) 2 kalos pokemon,the rest can be mixed from older generations
gender--i guess female but to me it doesnt matter

LizardonX

Banned
Tell me where you got your crystal ball I'd love to know.

We really can't say it's AG 2.0 yet considering we only have two similarities the four person group and Ash only receiving one starter Pokemon.

I got mine from the same people who says serena is dawn 2.0 because they debuted in pajamas.

What would be good was if cameron returned as the rival only this time he remembers a full battle is 6 on 6. But the twist is that it turns out he didn't need a 6th to beat ash again.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
I hope Ash doesn't get a rival this series.

This. Take a break from rivals. I don't want anyone to have rivals, and if there have to be rivals, hopefully they rarely appear. The main cast look interesting enough, so I don't care about rivals this time. Hope there are none.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
His rival's probably that guy with the Mega-Blaziken.

Which is fine by me, seems like a real menace too.

I'll say. How dare Mask of Blaziken (What I'm calling the trainer, until he gets a actual name) have his Mega Blaziken save trainers from falling to their deaths. That man is a menace to the Kalos region and must be stopped, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.