• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ash's new rival

Status
Not open for further replies.

dman_dustin

No it doesn't. Ash can battle anyone he wants, there's nothing stopping him from battling another trainer he meets instead. And Ash having a rival is getting boring in my opinion anyway because he (almost) always has one.

Yes it does, because having a rival, forces the writers to write battles, that ordinairly wouldn't exist.

Proof?

Hoenn.

Ash didn't have a rival, and he barely HAD ANY battles outside of Team Rocket and Gym Leaders, or as a result of training for a loss. The extra battles were so far between, there was no guarantee Ash was going to have a random battle.

So I'm not saying Ash won't have fluff battles, because he will.

What I'm saying is if he doesn't have a rival, those fluff battles, are going to be so far between, he might as well not have fluff battles anyway.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Korrina might be an interesting choice for a rival, as we've not seen a gym leader in that role before and she's tied into Mega Evolution.

Sorry, but no. She's a Gym Leader. It's her job to stay put and do her work as a Gym...

*Looks at Clemont*

Uh, still, a Gym Leader challenging the League is unheard of. They DO have the option of fighting the Elite Four to rise up in ranks. But hey, if they follow the games, there's a very small chance she'll give Ash a Pokémon to test out Mega Evolutions.

Colton S

Beware Bewear
I was wondering about the Mega Blaziken trainer. He could be a friendly rival, which would be a nice change.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I'm hoping that the Blaziken trainer is more of an anti hero instead of a rival, but now I'm not so sure.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
I'm hoping that the Blaziken trainer is more of an anti hero instead of a rival, but now I'm not so sure.

I already think that guy will be the Tuxedo Mask of Pokemon. Randomly saving lives wherever he goes. To me he doesn't look like a character that cares about Pokemon Leagues or championships. I think he's just experimenting all the abilities of his Mega Pokemon. If he is the rival, then whaveter. I'll say he's the guy who wins the league then. He's old enough at least. I'm still hoping for zero rivals this time.

MarinaS

sinnoh queen
The only thing I don't want is for Ash's Rival too be a complete jerk to his pokemon like the last three (four?) rivals in the series. I'm starting to get tired of that, but knowing Pokemon, that is probably what will happen.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
The only thing I don't want is for Ash's Rival too be a complete jerk to his pokemon like the last three (four?) rivals in the series. I'm starting to get tired of that, but knowing Pokemon, that is probably what will happen.

Trip wasn't really a jerk to his pokemon. Honestly, only paul ever really was.

Lukah

We have at least 150 episodes to fill with only 70 or so new pokémon. So, in my opinion, a successful run should have a lot of plot-driven episodes and events. Rival appearances, Rhyhorn Races, Mega Blaziken episodes, Flare Team encounters, hour-long events, competition arcs are all great ways to fill these episodes with.

Putting aside the writers' laziness in BW, Ash had the best run in the Sinnoh League out of all because he had a tough Rival to make him a better trainer. So I hope the writers create a great Rival for Ash and another great one for Serena.

Eneci

FrogadierMasterLucas
I would love for a tournamwnt to happen in Vannivile or Aquacorde city and there we meet the Rival.

dash142

Beginning Trainer
Hopefully we get someone like Barry again. I wouldn't mind it being a girl instead though, to make it different.

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
I want one of his rivals to be someone that Ash regularly beats. We always think of rivals as someone Ash rarely if ever beats till the very end, but I want to see someone who keeps coming back to Ash to prove his way works even though he keeps loosing. Make for a fun league match if this is the trainer that Ash looses to. Or this trainer could finally beat Ash before the league and then loose to him in the league.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Anybody else seeing a Mega Charizard(Y) vs Mega Blaziken in our future??

It would be pretty cool of this guy to be a rival.

Lancetwister

All-or-Nothing!
Tbh, I would love to see Ash's Rival be a girl for once. Before we knew who was going to be traveling with Ash, I always thought that Serena would be Ash's next rival in the anime but I was wrong lol but still having a girl as a rival would be completely interesting imo.

Baconator

I shook it.
Ash's mother would make a fantastic rival.
Like she's re-living her childhood dream with her now Fairy-type Mr. Mime.
And she just pwns her son daily and tells him to "smell her later."

Ash's mother would make a fantastic rival.
Like she's re-living her childhood dream with her now Fairy-type Mr. Mime.
And she just pwns her son daily and tells him to "smell her later."

That last part............is gross. ._. I don't see it happening anyway.. :eek:

(P.O.K.E.M.O.N)

AshXSerena = Canon
Ash needs a female rival who is completely random, like some girl wearing a cat suit or something.

She would so be the best :p

Status
Not open for further replies.