• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ash's Old Pokémon Returning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samcadi

Ash's Old Pokémon Returning

I have noticed that recently the Pokémon anime has been returning some of Ash's Pokémon like Charizard and possibly Butterfree. So I was wondering if they are trying to return all of Ash's old Pokémon (e.g.Pidgeot, Lapras and Gliscor) and wondered what everybody else thought.;018;;057;;131;;472;

Last edited:

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
This generation is almost over and we know a lot of the remaining episodes. Doesn't look like anything will be coming back.

I find it bizarre this is the first saga where Ash's older Pokemon don't get to come back and do anything though.

Pokememes

I am the pokémaster!
Well I feel as if the writers are making up for a lack of screentime for some of ashs reserves like showing muk in the video calls twice.
Although charizard/butterfree seem like a desperate attempt to intrigue the viewers by appealing to the past

SlimeStack

Ash needs to grab his Pidgeot in the last episode and let it play with his other 4 regional birds. I'm sure Pidgeot is happy where he is and the anime is under no obligations to go back to him, but I always thought it was unfortunate that he's going to forever be that one bird who isn't Oak'd and he's only one mile out of town.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I would love it if Pidgeot and Primeape return. Maybe next gen Squirtle will leave his squad and get oak'd

Pokememes

I am the pokémaster!
I would love it if Pidgeot and Primeape return. Maybe next gen Squirtle will leave his squad and get oak'd

Or hopefully he brings a full team of reserves like muk, kingler and Glaile, and doesn't get reset this upcoming region, but loses to the first gym in a 6-6, showing an exciting battle off the bat and still not having the pika at god-strength.

But anyways yeah primape should return

fitzy909

Just another guy

yeah that would be good. they seem to be bringing in lots of his older pokemon. i think they are trying to appeal to people who have watched it since os and it is working...at least for me.

Hikatoshi26

I would love primape to return. He left under the guise of training for a tournament most people forgot about. He good train with infernape and scraggy.

Mew The Gato

Primape's Serebii Net Pokedex "Anime Appearances" says the Primape will make an appearance in "Burn, Charizard! VS Dragonite!"

That sound cool.

Was that sarcasm? The episode aired long back, and Primeape's purpose in it was getting flamethrower-ed. But yeah, it atleast had an appearance.

Pokememes

I am the pokémaster!
Yeah lol, that episode was in mid episode N.... And primape was there for a brief flashback... But the fact they acknowledged it gives hope of its return

BlueDragonfangirl

I don't think this means a thing, I think this is just more fan service and ways to get the ratings back up, they've finally noticed how bad ratings have gotten and is trying to do any thing to help this event, thats my opinion though.

☭Azimuth_055☣

Thou enraged?
Some of them are returning perhaps, but I note to myself that there's still a lot more episodes coming which may show off Ash's other old Pokémon.

It's good to see some of them back, but I'm not so thrilled about it.

Rohanator

Be it desperate or what ever a lot of people are really excited about the returns of Charizard and Butterfree(assuming he does, if only for that episode) and I like seeing people happy. Buuut of course you bunch go and take as negative as possible approach to even that. (excuse me for the generalization)

Be it desperate or what ever a lot of people are really excited about the returns of Charizard and Butterfree(assuming he does, if only for that episode) and I like seeing people happy. Buuut of course you bunch go and take as negative as possible approach to even that. (excuse me for the generalization)

No, don't worry about generalizing things if you are frustrated. No matter what the great news is, we'll see the utmost negative posts and no single person is to be blamed for this. Maybe that's how Internet works.

MattySadler

I'll admit its court my interest as a viewer since the original run, but I've been pretty disappointed with Charizard's return thus far. Something about Ash's current team is really annoying me, just seems so incomplete...

Rohanator

I'll admit its court my interest as a viewer since the original run, but I've been pretty disappointed with Charizard's return thus far. Something about Ash's current team is really annoying me, just seems so incomplete...

It's mainly the shift from the show focusing on battles to focusing on adventure and stuff like that. In AG and DP the focus was always on the main goal, being the best that no one ever was(lol), and as such the teams also got better showcasing. In pretty much every other series they get more or less incompleted. Here's hoping for XY anime to be battles battles battles and a little more BATTLES.

It's mainly the shift from the show focusing on battles to focusing on adventure and stuff like that. In AG and DP the focus was always on the main goal, being the best that no one ever was(lol), and as such the teams also got better showcasing. In pretty much every other series they get more or less incompleted. Here's hoping for XY anime to be battles battles battles and a little more BATTLES.

Maybe after seeing the ratings of Da!, the writers wll finally understand nobody gives a damn about adventuring and want a good villain team/ good rival/ good battles.

Maybe after seeing the ratings of Da!, the writers wll finally understand nobody gives a damn about adventuring and want a good villain team/ good rival/ good battles.

Wouldn;t that defeat the purpose since Pokemon is mostly in the adventure genre?

Status
Not open for further replies.