• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ash's Old Pokémon Returning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash
Wouldn;t that defeat the purpose since Pokemon is mostly in the adventure genre?

The main goal in the games is to beat the Gyms and later the Elite 4. So Pokémon is mostly about battling, but the adventure side has its importance.

Hikatoshi26

Was that sarcasm? The episode aired long back, and Primeape's purpose in it was getting flamethrower-ed. But yeah, it atleast had an appearance.

No that wasn't sarcasm just bad grammar.

BlueDragonfangirl

Maybe after seeing the ratings of Da!, the writers wll finally understand nobody gives a damn about adventuring and want a good villain team/ good rival/ good battles.

Oh lets hope, writers must be noticing things by now. I'll take Trip as an example here, it was almost like they knew the fandom wasn't happy with his character so they tried to get rid of him as soon as possible every turn they could take. Remember when this was supposed to be all new Pokemon? No Kanto? No Johto? Than, hey look at that suddenly we have two arcs filled with them along with some fan favorites coming back?? So yah, maybe they'll fix the mistakes they did in BW next series. I'd like to think they will either take a break from giving Ash a rival like AG and hopefully have a fresh mind for the next rival next series or at least only give one rival and let it be about that one rival, I think we've learned by now too many rivals can be a bad thing.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
Oh lets hope, writers must be noticing things by now. I'll take Trip as an example here, it was almost like they knew the fandom wasn't happy with his character so they tried to get rid of him as soon as possible every turn they could take. Remember when this was supposed to be all new Pokemon? No Kanto? No Johto? Than, hey look at that suddenly we have two arcs filled with them along with some fan favorites coming back?? So yah, maybe they'll fix the mistakes they did in BW next series. I'd like to think they will either take a break from giving Ash a rival like AG and hopefully have a fresh mind for the next rival next series or at least only give one rival and let it be about that one rival, I think we've learned by now too many rivals can be a bad thing.

There's nothing wrong with having a rival or two. In fact they should have just focused on Trip and Bianca instead for giving him a ton of rivals and introduce some of them late with barley no development. If he has a rival again, his main should be a girl and a boy. Anything more than that would be overkill.

X

xdawnhikari

I do like the idea of Ash's Pokemon returning back, but nothing more. It is just great to see that the writers have not totally forgotten about them.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Imo, it seems obvious that the writers only brought back some of Ash's old Pokemon because they want to boost ratings. After all, fan service is always a good way to gain viewership. As for whether we'll see more of them, I highly doubt it. It just seems very unlikely that the writers care about or even remember Pokemon like Lapras or Pidgeot.

Ace Of Keys

Me and My sketch pad
Technically Ash had a reunion with Lapras before so I don't know if that'll be the case. but yeah it looks like they're doing quite a number on fan service

karczx

I don't think any of his old Pokemon returning would make a difference. Charizard returned, but the ratings didn't increase or anything. Maybe writers have noticed, but most people overall didn't really give a damn about most of the BW characters except for a few hardcore BW fans. I doubt most of the fans of the show even care about old characters returning at this point, because they've given up on the anime. But I doubt writers would act on it as they probably would make another episode about Axew getting lost again or Oshawott acting like Psyduck again.

Lucas MV

Imo, it seems obvious that the writers only brought back some of Ash's old Pokemon because they want to boost ratings. After all, fan service is always a good way to gain viewership. As for whether we'll see more of them, I highly doubt it. It just seems very unlikely that the writers care about or even remember Pokemon like Lapras or Pidgeot.

Have you seen the last ending? The writers remember Lapras and Pidgeot, and every other pokemon and character they've made and used in their own anime. It'd be weird if they (the people who write the anime for living) forget something like that while we (the fans) don't.

naughtynun

Ash's released Pokemon returning to Ash's roster is practically the only thing that could possibly redeem this disgraceful saga.

In before a certain user saying 'stop insulting the beautiful writers, this saga is not disgraceful. Stop it. I worship the ground the writers walk on.'

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
I hope no more of any of Ash's old Pokemon return, no point in them coming back especially when Ash has a plentiful amount of Unova members that don't get enough battles and screen time as it is. Scraggy for example hasn't been seen since the Unova League and hasn't gotten a real lengthy battle since gaining a tie against Chris's Larvitar. I'd much rather see more of him than the writers bringing back older Pokemon, we have Charizard back and even I feel like his presence is largely unneeded and flimsy at best given he hardly does anything. Scraggy, Snivy, Leavanny, Palpitoad, there quite a few of Ash's current Pokemon I want to see again.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
I think we are mostly seeing those guys in the lab if we get an episode, otherwise I'm assuming Scraggy will appear once atleast because hes in the ending but the others I'm not sure.

Regality

Digital King
I want snorlax to come back. He would make all of Unova his bi***.

Rohanator

How does he make a country/region his *****? but they aren't in said region anymore anyway.
Sit on the local ruler. Watch them fall on their knees. Profit. Profit of the ***** variety.

Isn't everything about ratings though, at the end of the day? The show is created to market games, merch and get tv ratings. Of course everything they do if for ratings. Everything. Which makes them look dumb as hell because there are SO MANY obvious things fans would love but they never do. Hnnng

OceanicLanturn

Non non non!
IMO the returning of Butterfree/Charizard reeks to me as a marketing device to boost ratings. There were so many obvious things they shouldn't have done during BW, so unlike AG/DP, they needed to take the extra steps to bring back old Pokemon, have them occupy one episode, and do nothing (Charizard), rather than develop the really underdeveloped Unova team. Though I'm kind of glad to see Butterfree :3

RzK

Meow
I would kill to see infernape return
Indeed. What should be the best way to make them come back imo is to give 'em an epic match like they did to Sceptile. Now THAT was something. Pidgeot should surely return though, Ash had made a promise, lol!

LizardonX

Banned
IMO the returning of Butterfree/Charizard reeks to me as a marketing device to boost ratings. There were so many obvious things they shouldn't have done during BW, so unlike AG/DP, they needed to take the extra steps to bring back old Pokemon, have them occupy one episode, and do nothing (Charizard), rather than develop the really underdeveloped Unova team. Though I'm kind of glad to see Butterfree :3

Charizard didn't even work all that well.

Status
Not open for further replies.