• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ash's Old Pokémon Returning

Status
Not open for further replies.

crawdauntpro

darksidetrainer
I'd love for Ash to get back Butterfree, Lapras, Pidgeot, Ambipom, Primeape and Squirtle and catch Larvitar during this saga, but, can't see it happening...

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Didn't work at all, but that would only come from non-charizard fans. Why make it worse right at the end by trying to force more old pokemon in?

Seems to me like its the other way around, the Charizard fans are the ones complaining he isn't doing "anything", I'm not on that boat and I'm happy with him, apparently anything for you guys is just battles.

Ignoring Charizard fans its the people that complain about just about everything.

Last edited:

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Wouldn;t that defeat the purpose since Pokemon is mostly in the adventure genre?

Where you battle frequently and become a badass champion.. Alas.. Were apparently moving into Sims territory with c-customization.. -.-

Edit: Wouldn't be so surprised to see them all at Oaks (except Lapras and Pidgeot), because they've retconned the hell out of OS anyway..

Last edited:

Mew The Gato

Edit: Wouldn't be so surprised to see them all at Oaks (except Lapras and Pidgeot), because they've retconned the hell out of OS anyway..

Why, Professor Oak himself is returning! What if some Pokemon from his lab return, too? That reminds me... in one episode of the Diamond and Pearl Series, several of Ash's Pokemon were released into the wild. (They were just let out, Ash still owned them.) This may imply that they will return to older Pokemon in this series, too.

fitzy909

Just another guy
I'd rather not see Infernape be associated with BW right now.

i agree. it was featured a lot and some of his current pokemon need more screen time as is. (i'm looking at you palpitoad.) i want his current team to have the screen time they deserve. i like seeing his old pokemon, but if that means his new ones don't get seen then i'm not too happy.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Where you battle frequently and become a badass champion.. Alas.. Were apparently moving into Sims territory with c-customization.. -.-

What the problem with the customization? not like we didn't have that in Hoenn for example with the secret base, it just adds another thing to do ingame which is always good and its optional like contests, or musicals were, it doesn't stop you from completing your main story mission which like you said, win gym and the league.

You are really going to keep the whole, Charizard was at Oak thing it seems.

Last edited:

Caseydia

Ace Trainer

I actually would have preferred it if they would have focused more on developing his Unova team since some pokemon had it bad in the league and no real training done lately.

Lucas MV

Let's see, from Ash's pokemon, these are the ones that were on the team for the largest number of episodes:

1-Pikachu: 789 (Kanto, Orange Islands, Johto, Hoenn, Kanto, Sinnoh, Unova, Decolora Islands)

2-Bulbasaur: 222 (Kanto, Orange Islands, Johto, Hoenn -one episode-, Kanto -2 episodes Battle Frontier- )

3-Swellow: 190 (Hoenn, Sinnoh -one episode League- )

4-Staraptor: 189 (Sinnoh)

5-Sceptile: 187 (Hoenn, Sinnoh -one episode League- )

6-Bayleef: 148 (Johto, Sinnoh -one episode- )

7-Charizard: 147 (Kanto, Orange Islands, Johto, Kanto -4 episode Battle Frontier-, Unova- 147 till episode 789)

8-Squirtle: 142 (Kanto, Orange Islands, Johto, Kanto -2 episodes Battle Frontier- )

9-Oshawott: 126 (Unova, Decolora Islands -126 till episode 789-)

Well, that's the top 9 (too lazy to make it ten xD) . Oshawott is the one that have been on the team for most episodes in Unova, Swellow and Staraptor in Hoenn and Sinnoh respectively, the original four (Pikachu, Charizard, Bulbasaur and Squirtle) have been in a lot of episodes (Bulbasaur is the one who has been the most time with Ash aside Pikachu), and finally Sceptile is there representing the majority of the Hoenn and Sinnoh pokemons that probably had more episodes on the team than Bayleef (the most in Johto) and Charizard.

Don't know exactly why I did this, it's just curious. I really really hope Ash brings back another old pokemon, at least for an episode of it doing something. A tournament where he uses some of them would be great. People that says the Unova team needs it more, this is the only time of a series when the older pokemon get to return! This is the post-league part of the series, Unova mons aren't the priority anymore since they aren't even in Unova to begin with.

Last edited:

(P.O.K.E.M.O.N)

AshXSerena = Canon
Indeed. What should be the best way to make them come back imo is to give 'em an epic match like they did to Sceptile. Now THAT was something. Pidgeot should surely return though, Ash had made a promise, lol!

Poor pidgeot, most likely starved to death after waiting for ash :p jks lol

Why not? he is ash's strongest poke, plus he could help pignite learn flare blitz :)

Lucas MV

Why not? he is ash's strongest poke, plus he could help pignite learn flare blitz :)

Ok, Ash's strongest pokemon is already on his team right now (wheter it is Charizard or Pikachu is up to personal preference, but it's pretty clear common sense wouldn't pick another pokemon for that position). Infernape is strong... but not THAT strong...

Besides, Pignite isn't even appearing since DA started... I doubt something big will happen to any pokemon right now...

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I would kill to see infernape return

He practically had all of DP to himself. He doesn't need more screen-time.

Didn't work at all, but that would only come from non-charizard fans. Why make it worse right at the end by trying to force more old pokemon in?

I've seen both fans and non-fans of him complain, and with good reason imo. He hasn't done anything noteworthy since his return and it just feels like he's taking up a spot on Ash's team that a neglected Pokemon like Unfezant or Palpitoad should occupy instead. Why the writers brought back a fully developed Pokemon like Charizard just so it would sit there, I have no idea. It can't have been just for ratings because his debut episode's rating was mediocre at best and all subsequent episodes have gotten average to below average ratings as far as I can tell. He didn't do anything during Episode N and DA seems full of random fillers, so I can't see him being used in a major battle.

Ghirahim the Fabulous

SO FAAABULOUUUUS
Meh. All I really care about seeing is charizard. My charizard Hylian was my first pokemon ever. Well, obviously it wasn't a charizard then, but...

yuoke

Treasure huntin'

I've seen both fans and non-fans of him complain, and with good reason imo. He hasn't done anything noteworthy since his return and it just feels like he's taking up a spot on Ash's team that a neglected Pokemon like Unfezant or Palpitoad should occupy instead. Why the writers brought back a fully developed Pokemon like Charizard just so it would sit there, I have no idea. It can't have been just for ratings because his debut episode's rating was mediocre at best and all subsequent episodes have gotten average to below average ratings as far as I can tell. He didn't do anything during Episode N and DA seems full of random fillers, so I can't see him being used in a major battle.

Possibly to have a reason for him to be in the same movie that mrwtwo returns in.

Agreed. Fully developed Pokemon don't have the same character dynamics required for a filler episode. It's just weird seeing a Charizard fighting TR no matter people say. This is why the regional team needs more focus. I will wait till Charizard's departure to say if it's return is a waste or not, but for now it is a waste of screen time for Boldore or Palpitoad.

naughtynun

I'd have preferred a short but sweet return for Charizard, perhaps a rival battle with it in or something. Most episodes it is in it doesn't do anything spectacular.

I would have very much preferred several short returns of different old Pokemon of Ash's. Torterra, Gible, Gliscor, Torkoal, Totodile, Muk and Kingler each winning a battle would have been amazing. Plus, there are numerous team members that are shafted and all we see is Oshawott, Oshawott and more Oshawott.

I'm genuinely sad that we won't have a filler saga like OI or BF where there is a small quest where Pokemon can get a few new wins, or like BF or the Sinnoh and Johto leagues where we see a number of older Pokemon being redeemed. Noctowl in the Sinnoh League was a good example of how a little bit of love can make a difference. Is there anyone that doesn't worship either Oshawott or the writers that wouldn't swap 20 episodes in which Oshawott screenhogs and achieves nothing for 3 or 4 episodes where older shafted Pokemon are shown to be competent in battle with a few new moves to boot?

This is what I hope we'll get with Butterfree. A nice episode where it battles under Ash once more and has a few good new moves. It would be SO great for it to meet the old kanto team again, of which Charizard and Pikachu are already on his team. If the writers mess this episode up then I will be really disappointed!

Status
Not open for further replies.