• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ash's pokemon at Oak's lab/anime suggestions

Scrufox86

Hi. I was just thinking about the pokemon at Oak's laboratory and thought certain pokemon only had a small amount of screen time and others are unevolved but could be trained.

My main one here is Gible. It is Ash's first dragon type but i think it'd be good if he trained it and even if it only evolved once it would be better than just leaving it as Gible with just a small amount of training. I do think that bayleef and totodile should remain as they are (better choices in thier typing) but Quilava would be a good one to also train and as typhlosion has high speed stat then it'd be a very good fit for Ash. Corphish or Buizel could do with more training to evolve (more leaning toward Buizel as Floatzel has high speed stat). Bulbasaur will never evolve so oh well.

I know that Ash is travelling in Unova but it'll be strange having to wait until the Unova league to see some of the pokemon that could've easily fit into his team at the moment (if you get what i am going on about). I think Gible should've been taken along with Pikachu to Unova. It could've been interesting as once evolved, Gabite could've disobeyed for a little while before calming down and obeying Ash.

What do you all think?

Last edited:

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
First don't say Ash has 9 pokemon when most of that is Japan only which should be in spoilers

If the pokemon still exist I think most have been handled nicely. People complain we did not see many battle in Sinnoh but they were there which matters. Its like an adopted child and dad's love. He may not show his love by involving you a lot of things but he brings you to some stuff.

But in all honestly if the past really happened and it shows this is not a reboot *Still looking for official word not fan speculation) then we may see them in post game arc)

Typhlosionvsworld

Y u mad bro?
Well, Ash doesn;t evolve a portion of his Pokemon.
The ones that were most important to the anime usually didn't evolve (However, Snorlax, Infernape, Sceptile, Charizard, and Glalie did)
By most important, I mean that they had episodes all about them and had main roles in the anime

poizonsting

Pokemon master
All of Ash's Pokemon don't need to evolve. In fact, many of his unevolved Pokemon show great potential than their evolved counterparts. While his Pokemon are at Oak's lab, they're training in one way or other. Maybe Heracross has gotten stronger by sucking the sap of Bulbasaur, or maybe all of his Taurus' take part in duels with each other.

Scrufox86

I'd like Totodile to remain and i do not like Meganium so Bayleef can not evole as well. I'd like it if Quilava evolved or at least since evolving from Cyndaquil be used. I still think Gible would be the best one of the Oak's lab pokemon to be given some serious training and evolve, it'd be powerful.

I think that considering before Hoenn, very few of Ash's pokemon evolved and even the ones that did most were released or given away. Maybe he should train more pokemon than the few he takes through a whole region like Gary and Paul had evolved pokemon (and not just a few) so why can't Ash train more too?

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
Well, Ash doesn;t evolve a portion of his Pokemon.
The ones that were most important to the anime usually didn't evolve (However, Snorlax, Infernape, Sceptile, Charizard, and Glalie did)
By most important, I mean that they had episodes all about them and had main roles in the anime

*mouth hanging open in shock* I... but... you... Snorlax was a single stage Pokemon when Ash caught it!

*sobs at how stupid people can be*

Gible shouldn't evolve. Ash and pseudo-legendaries don't mix.

Also, if something has been in one stage for multiple series, I think it should stay the way it is, like Bulbasaur, Squirtle, Totodile, etc.

As for the Pokemon that should evolve or be used, well, Quilava seems to be heading in that direction, so if it were to return and evolve again, things could be interesting.

Jak2551

~SHARK FIGHTA~
Before Ash gose back to train / evolve any of his old pokes, I want to see him evolve his new Unova pokes! :D

MiloticTwins

And, what happens if the Team Rocket members and affiliates steals all of Ash's and other Pallet Town residents' Pokémon from Professor Oak's lab?

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
And, what happens if the Team Rocket members and affiliates steals all of Ash's and other Pallet Town residents' Pokémon from Professor Oak's lab?

Nothing because 1) They will NEVER steal anything and be successful with stealing anything, ever. 2) Only Ash (and at one point, May) has his Pokemon there.

Espeon PWNage

The only pokemon that I can think that seriously need some training/evolution would be totodile and gible... and maybe train bayleaf some more and teach her a new move, but totodile is weak.. no it is BEYOND weak, that has to be his weakest pokemon he has. If any of his pokes need training it should be totodile and gible.

Espeon PWNage

Maybe teaching Infernape another fighting move wouldnt be so bad either... maybe oak will do that, Dinamic punch/focus punch and maybe also i think blaze kick would be a decent move for it to learn to.

DittoDude

The King of Town.
Nothing because 1) They will NEVER steal anything and be successful with stealing anything, ever. 2) Only Ash (and at one point, May) has his Pokemon there.

Gary did as well.

Yeul

Green Eyed Girl
Unova's a really, really far away region compared to Johto/Hoenn/Sinnoh, don'cha think?
Ash has enough Pokemon on his team to get him through the League, so I wouldn't count on there being any returns this time around.

Reign G

Roggen and Rolan
Eh, what? We've seen plenty of Pokémon at Oak's that aren't Ash's or May's (or Gary's).