• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ash's Pokemon. Best origin story?

Aduro

Mt.BtlMaster
Which of Ash's pokemon do you think had the best origin story? Their background before Ash caught them.

I loved Squirtle's, personally. It was great seeing it as the leader of this gang of ruffians with a heart of gold. It was the perfect pokemon to team up with Ash.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
I liked the kanto starters origin's story. They had unique personality despite being abandoned by trainers.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
But how would Froakie's story be told otherwise?

Sure, Ash could have found one of the trainers who've returned Froakie but I feel like that would make the narrative go to places the writting wasn't interested on going.

Olympia explaining actually worked fine IMHO

TheCrazyMaster

Infernape without a doubt. Starting of as the Chimchar that was disowned by the very trainer who couldn't draw out its full potential no matter what he tried and being at the very epicenter of Ash's and Pauls rivalry, and ending it with the very same power Paul failed to draw out because Ash treated it with something Paul thought was only a distraction...... love.

Applecorp

Charmander because he went through a really big character development storyline and came out being one of Ash's best Pokemon even though his old trainer was a jerk.

Ubermuk

Sticky & Sweet
But how would Froakie's story be told otherwise?

Sure, Ash could have found one of the trainers who've returned Froakie but I feel like that would make the narrative go to places the writting wasn't interested on going.

Olympia explaining actually worked fine IMHO

Ok maybe I was nitpicking a little bit I'm just sour that the writing staff waited until right before XYZ started to explain Froakie's past. Seemed like they were just doing it to foreshadow Ash-Greninja's importance.