• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ashs pokemon face-off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonessodaco.Chris

Is Back Finally!
Ash’s Pokemon Face-Off

Owner: Jonessodaco.Chris
Co-Owner: Squirtleboy12, FosterFossil
Talliest: Tyranitarphantom, Pikasaur, legendofFire, Brodioh

Rules/ Plain and Simple

1. Serebi Rules apply obviously

2. Do not tally unless you’re an official tallyist for this thread. But please, if I'm not here and a pokemon has won a round, please do not start the next round without me. Please be patient and wait for me!

3. Don't Spam, if a round is over then wait for me or Co-owners to start the next round do not just talk in my thread

4. Co-owners you can start the next round IF it has been posted in my First Post First Page, Otherwise just wait for me to set up the next round because they might have different rules

Tournaments Finished - Wall Of Fame
Donphan ;232; Won The First Ash Pokemon Face Off... Tournament Style
Pikachu ;025; Won The Second Ash Pokemon Face Off... Tournament Style
Team Kanto ;025; ;012; ;018; ;001; ;006; ;007; Won The Third Ash Pokemon Face Off... Team Battle Style
Team Kanto ;025; ;012; ;018; ;001; ;006; ;007; Won The Fourth Ash Pokemon Face Off... Team Battle Style
Water – Squirtle ;007; Won The Fifth Ash Pokemon Face Off... Type Battle Style
Ground - Gligar ;207; Won The Sixth Ash Pokemon Face Off... Type Battle Style
C – Charizard ;006; Won The Seventh Ash Pokemon Face-Off... Alphabetical Phenomenon Tournament Style

Ash's Pokemon
Pikachu ;025; Oshawott ;501; Tepig ;498; Snivy ;495; Tranquill ;520; Scraggy ;559;

Kanto - Bulbasaur ;001; Charizard ;006; Squirtle ;007; Butterfree ;012; Beedrill ;015; Pidgeot ;018; Raticate ;020; Primeape ;057; Muk ;089; Haunter ;093; Kingler ;099; Tauros ;128; Lapras ;131; Snorlax ;143;
Johto - Bayleef ;153; Quilava ;156; Totodile ;158; Noctowl
164oe4.gif
Aipom ;190; Heracross ;214; Donphan ;232; Larvitar ;246;
Hoenn - Sceptile ;254; Swellow ;277; Torkoal ;324; Corphish ;341; Glalie ;362;
Sinnoh - Torterra ;388; Infernape ;392; Staraptor ;398; Buizel ;418; Gible ;443; Gliscor ;472;
Unova - Swadloon ;541; Palpitoad ;536;

So all right… we’ve done a tournament… we’ve done a team battle tournament… we’ve finished a type battle tournament… this face-off has gone through 417 pages and 8331 posts congrats everyone!!!

The Next Evolution of the Ash Pokemon Face-off is Alphabetical Phenomenon Tournament… Now I know what your thinking alphabetical phenomenon Tournament that sounds a little lame right?

WRONG!!!

The first round will consist of just finding out your best ABC’s and once we find out that… then the real interesting battles will begin

Round 1 – (ABC’s)
A - Aipom
B – Bulbasaur, Butterfree, Beedrill, Bayleef, Buizel
C – Charizard, Cyntaquil, Corphish - Monferno
D - Donphan
E - None
F - None
G – Glalie, Grotle, Gliscor
H – Haunter, Heracross
I - None
J - None
K - Kingler
L – Lapras, Larvitar
M - Muk
N – Noctowl (Shiny)
O - None
P – Pidgeot, Pikachu, Primeape
Q - None
R - Raticate
S – Squirtle, Snorlax, Sceptile, Swellow, Staraptor
T – Tauros, Totodile, Torcoal
U - None
V - None
W - None
X - None
Y - None
Z – None

Round 1 Rule’s

1) Each Pokemon will Start with 50 Hp
2) When a Pokemon Reaches 100 they win… If a Pokemon hits zero they are eliminated
3) Voting is once every 30 seconds (LIKE ALWAYS)
4) Only 1 Pokemon for each letter will advance
5) Voting style is like so (You can do Only 1 Category each post)

Extreme Mean
Stab (X5 Hurt)

Extreme Nice
Kiss (X5 Heal)

Semi-Neat -
Pinch (X3 Hurt)
Poke (X2 Hurt)

Semi-Neat +
Hug (X3 Heal)
Lick (X2 Heal)

Destroy
Bite (Freeze)

Rescue
Smile At (Protect)

Rules for Voting…

- Every Post… you must choose one category to vote from and do every vote style inside that category… For example if I choose Semi-Neat - I must pinch and poke a Pokemon… or if I choose Destroy I must bite a Pokemon in my post

- If you freeze a Pokemon next poster cannot protect it… if you protect a Pokemon next poster cannot hurt it

- You cannot Hug and Lick… or Pinch and Poke the same Pokemon in a post… they must be two different Pokemon For example you cannot hug and lick bulbasaur, but you can hug bulbasaur and lick butterfree

- So what kind of voter are you? A Hard core Hurter… A Not so sure double healer… A protector… Etc???

Let the Battle Begin!!!

Round 1 Battles
B – Bulbasaur, Butterfree, Beedrill, Bayleef, Buizel
C – Charizard, Cyntaquil, Corphish, Chimchar
G – Glalie, Grotle, Gliscor
H – Haunter, Heracross
L – Lapras, Larvitar
P – Pidgeot, Pikachu, Primeape
S – Squirtle, Snorlax, Sceptile, Swellow, Staraptor
T – Tauros, Totodile, Torcoal

Round 1 Winners
A - Aipom
B – Butterfree
C – Chimchar - Monferno
D – Donphan
G – Glalie
H – Heracross
K - Kingler
L – Larvitar
M - Muk
N – Noctowl (Shiny)
P – Pidgeot
R - Raticate
S – Sceptile
T – Totodile

Round 2 – (Birds and The Bees)
A – Aipom Vs. B – Butterfree
C – Chimchar (Monferno) Vs. D – Donphan
G – Glalie Vs. H – Heracross
K - Kingler Vs. L – Larvitar
M - Muk Vs. N – Noctowl (Shiny)
P – Pidgeot Vs. R - Raticate
S – Sceptile Vs. T – Totodile

Round 2 Rule’s

So Ok now that we have completed your ABC’s we gotta start talking about the birds and the bees. Hahaha well that is the next round title I thought it was funny

Now we all know that the early bird gets the worm… and onces a bee stings you it dies… that is how the voting will work for this round.

Here is the voting style
-X2 Heal
-X5 Hurt
and a new way of voting called:
-First Post of the Day

So you obviously all know how the X2 and X5 hurts and heal work… but there is a trick…
-You can heal all day if you want as long as you don’t double post
But
-If you choose to hurt like when a bee stings you, you die for the day and can no longer post in the face-off for 24 hours

Also

I’m introducing a new post called the First Post of the Day.
-The way this works is the first poster of the day is aloud to break the main rules…
They must first state they are the first post of the day, then tell me what you wanna do with your 20 Points

***THAT’S RIGHT… 20 points***
basically you could X20 heal, or X20 Hurt, or X14 Heal and X6 Hurt… etc.

What ever you want to do!!! So you can 20 points to do with what you please… basically its first come first serve and the early bird gets the worm. These First Post of the Day can drastically change a battle and the way I will moderate it is the following:
-there is a time value on your post…
-we will go by that time and the first post after 12:01 A.M on the site can say First Post of the day

Now I know everyone on this site lives around the world… and the midnight for them might not be the midnight on the site… so this also throws a tricky factor into voting… better make sure you know when your midnight is in your timezone ;)

(GMT –6:00) Central Time (US & Canada), Mexico City

(voting every 30 seconds)
(no double posting)
(each Pokemon starts at 40Hp first to reach zero is eliminated and the other advances to Round 3)

So lets start it off

Round 2 Battles
A – Aipom Vs. B – Butterfree
C – Chimchar (Monferno) Vs. D – Donphan
G – Glalie Vs. H – Heracross
K - Kingler Vs. L – Larvitar
M - Muk Vs. N – Noctowl (Shiny)
P – Pidgeot Vs. R - Raticate
S – Sceptile Vs. T – Totodile

Round 2 Winners
A – Aipom
D – Donphan
G – Glalie
K - Kingler
M - Muk
P – Pidgeot
T – Totodile

Round 3 – (Simple as Do, Re, Mi)
Well ok to some up and refresh everyone’s memories about this fantastic long lasting face-off… In the First Round called ABC’s every Pokemon was put into there letter Category for example A- Aipom… Some battles were tough to decide but we managed to narrow the competition to 14 competitors such as Chimchar, Glalie, Muk and Sceptile. We were moving fast through the tournament and we moved onto Round 2 called Birds and the Bees. We narrowed the contestants in half and quickly we were onto Round 3 with only 7 remaining with the likes of Aipom, Donphan, Glalie, Kingler, Muk, Pidgeot, Totodile. Who will take the Trophy of the Eighth Ash Pokemons Face-off… its up to you! The long waiting return of the Ash Pokemon Face-off has returned!!!

Round 3 Rule’s

So you’ve mastered your… ABC’s… Learned about the Birds and the Bees… its time to learn how to sing… don’t worry its as Simple as Do Re Mi lol

You know how it goes right?

Do, Re, Mi, Fa, So, La, Ti, Doh!

There are 8 levels in this tournament… and only 7 remain

Think of each “Do” as a room and you must make it all way to the end to advance
-Each competitor will start in the first room of “Do”
-You vote onto who advances into the next room
-Each Pokemon holds a key to the exit door on the final room “Doh”
-However there are only 5 locks and once a lock is used it will never be used again
-Who will be the 2 competitors that get left behind… you choose

1) Each Pokemon will Start in the first room “Do”
2) Voting is once every 30 seconds (LIKE IN My OTHER FACE-OFFS)
3) You vote a Pokemon into the next room… one Pokemon per vote

For Example: I vote Grotle… it is now into the second room “Re”

4) Once a Pokemon Reaches the Final Room “Doh” they are safe and advance
5) The Two Pokemon that do not reach the final room will be eliminated in Round 3
6) Voting style is like so:

(just say the Pokemon you want to advance a room)

Round 3 Battles
A – Aipom Vs. D – Donphan Vs. G – Glalie Vs. K - Kingler Vs. M - Muk Vs. P – Pidgeot Vs. T – Totodile

Round 3 Winners
???, ???, ???, ???, ???

Round 4 – (Lucky Numbers)
Charizard, Grotle, Pikachu, Bulbasaur, Kingler Insert their keys and begin to open the locked door...
-Muk and Heracross see a bright light and as the 5 turn the keys…
-A Blast of Wind and Light shoots through the rooms and all the Pokemon have disappeared…

The 5 remaining Pokemon look to see there in some flouting universe. But they have lost their voices
-I guess all those singing lessons have strained your voice. But you have a big break coming up. It could be your one chance to get outta this town. You better catch a tune and learn a “Melody”

Mastering the ABC’s you’ve noticed there are 26 letters in the alphabet
Discussing the Birds and The Bees you notice that… you never want to hear these words outta your parents
When Singing Do Re Mi… you learned how to sing

But how can this help you to “Sing an Easy Melody”

-A voice comes from the distance saying the ones you have pasted. Can come back and haunt you… Make it through the next round and you will make it to the final round. 2 of you will not last long let the games begin

All the Pokemon stare at each other. And a portal opens in front of them sucking them into a new location. They are now attached to chains and locks.

The voice comes back… “Its not hard to escape these chains. The locks in front of you all have 26 options for each of you.

0, 0
0, 1
0, 2
0, 3
0, 4
1, 0
1, 1
1, 2
1, 3
1, 4
2, 0
2, 1
2, 2
2, 3
2, 4
3, 0
3, 1
3, 2
3, 3
3, 4
4, 0
4, 1
4, 2
4, 3
4, 4

The First 3 out of the Chains can leave the room, but you better hurry you don’t wanna be the last two who remain.

Round 4 Rule’s

So you’ve mastered your… ABC’s… Learned about the Birds and the Bees… mastered the octaves of the Simple Do Re Mi’s … Master your voice power and Sing an Easy Melody lol

So you were given the combos already. The combinations for each pokemons locks have been randomly chosen already. The Pokemon have decided the only way to be fair was to choose a combination and all do it at the same time and see if it unlocks anyone.

-When a Pokemon is freed they advance and only 3 will

Basically you voters are the guesses to the combos
1) Vote 1 combo per post
2) Voting is once every 30 minutes this time
3) This Round could end in literally 3 posts or it could take as much as 26
4) Because i know the combinations i will not vote this round

For Example: I vote Combo 0, 0
So Its Random but decide who advances to the finals… good luck and I hope you pick your “lucky numbers”

Round 4 Battles
B – Bulbasaur Vs. C – Charizard Vs. G – Grotle Vs. K – Kingler Vs. P – Pikachu

Round 4 Winners
Red - Means Advanced
Blue - Means Eliminated

Tally
0, 0 - Wrong Combo
0, 1 - Grotle
0, 2 - Wrong Combo
0, 3 - ???
0, 4 - ???
1, 0 - ???
1, 1 - Wrong Combo
1, 2 - ???
1, 3 - Charizard
1, 4 - Wrong Combo
2, 0 - Kingler
2, 1 - ???
2, 2 - Wrong Combo
2, 3 - Bulbasaur
2, 4 - Wrong Combo
3, 0 - Wrong Combo
3, 1 - Wrong Combo
3, 2 - Wrong Combo
3, 3 - Wrong Combo
3, 4 - ???
4, 0 - Pikachu
4, 1 - ???
4, 2 - Wrong Combo
4, 3 - Wrong Combo
4, 4 - Wrong Combo

Round 5 – (Quest For The Gold)
Bulbasaur, Charizard, Pikachu vanish onto a platform. There’s a Giant Staircase leading to the final golden podium. The Pokemon look at each other and begin to run up the staircase side by side. Charizard flys up high, bulbasaur using its vine whip lunges step by step, and pikachu uses its agility as they run faster and faster.

All of a Sudden Grotle, Kingler Pop up on hovering platforms aside the staircase… Followed by Muk and Heracross… More appear Aipom, Donphan, Glalie, Lapras, Noctowl (Shiny), Raticate, Squirtle… And then in the Background Butterfree, Beedrill, Bayleef, Buizel, Cyntaquil, Corphish, Chimchar, Gliscor, Haunter, Larvitar, Pidgeot, Primeape, Snorlax, Sceptile, Swellow, Staravia, Tauros, Totodile, Torcoal all appear at once.

Bulbasaur, Charizard, Pikachu stop in their tracks as their surrounded by their past competitors and they look angry. The Pokemon seem to be charging up for an attack. Could they possibly be holding a grudge? But against who? Who will each of the Pokemon try to attack.

Quest for the Gold is seeing who gets bronze… Basically The Pokemon will all throw one attack to one of the Pokemon. You decide which Pokemon gets hit.

However some Pokemon have closer aim and therefore have a stronger attack.
- Grotle, Kingler – X10
- Muk, Heracross – X5
- Aipom, Donphan, Glalie, Lapras, Noctowl (Shiny), Raticate, Squirtle – X3
- Butterfree, Beedrill, Bayleef, Buizel, Cyntaquil, Corphish, Chimchar, Gliscor, Haunter, Larvitar, Pidgeot, Primeape, Snorlax, Sceptile, Swellow, Staravia, Tauros, Totodile, Torcoal – X2

The Pokemon from the back will attack first and once that whole row of Pokemon have finished attacking… the next line up of Pokemon attack… and then the next line… and then finally followed by the last line of attacking Pokemon. The Pokemon that gets attacked the most will just be unable to move and have to settle with Bronze

Round 5 Rule’s
- Voting every thirty seconds
- Vote like soo… for example
o Butterfree X2 Hurt Bulbasaur
o Swellow X2 Hurt Charizard
o Totodile X2 Hurt Pikachu

- Once the whole outer line has been used up, the next line will come out and you will vote like soo…
o Donphan X3 Hurt Bulbasaur
o Etc. and sooo on

Once all the Pokemon have attacked I will do a final tally and see which Pokemon has been eliminated

Round 5 Battles
B – Bulbasaur Vs. C – Charizard Vs. P – Pikachu

Round 5 Winner
C – Charizard Vs. P – Pikachu

Round 6 – (One Step At A Time – Finals!!!)
Bulbasaur seeing stars floats away into the background. With just a few steps left in front of them who will make it to the trophy????
Bulbasaur… Grotle, Kingler… Muk, Heracross… Aipom, Donphan Glalie, Lapras, Noctowl (Shiny), Raticate, Squirtle… Butterfree, Beedrill, Bayleef, Buizel, Cyntaquil, Corphish, Chimchar, Gliscor, Haunter, Larvitar, Pidgeot, Primeape, Snorlax, Sceptile, Swellow, Staravia, Tauros, Totodile, Torcoal all cheer on there comrades as it’s a race to the finish!

With 100 steps to go will Charizard or Pikachu be victorious???

Round 6 Rule’s
- Voting every thirty seconds
- Vote like soo…
o Charizard Take 1 Step
o Or
o Pikachu Take 1 Step
o Or
o Charizard Take 1 Step Back
o Or
o Pikachu Take 1 Step Back

- You can basically vote to minus a Pokemon or to plus a Pokemon. However a Pokemon can never reach less then zero. And the first Pokemon to reach 100 will be crowned the Winner!!!

This round could take a VERY long time depending on what kinds of voters are out there… So you just gotta ask the question… are you a Plus or are you a Minus? lol

Round 6 Battles
C – Charizard Vs. P – Pikachu

Round 6 Champion
???

Current Face-off
Round 3 - (Finally haha)

So Were back... and this face-offs waited the longest for an update so i'll start with it. Lets Advance Donphan

Tally

Do
A – Aipom, G – Glalie, K - Kingler, M - Muk, P – Pidgeot, T – Totodile

Re
D – Donphan

Mi

Fa

So

La

Ti

Doh!

Last edited:

Ampris

Slip slidin'
Er, well, Primeape had a bit more screentime, didn't he. So I'll take a point from Raticate, even if it was a pivotal point in the St. Anne arc.

Jonessodaco.Chris

Is Back Finally!
k its 2 primeape and 0 raticate

PS need some people to keep score

Last edited:

Celebitwo

Celebi Clone
i vote for Primeape

grr...my face-offs take ages to get their first vote

Jonessodaco.Chris

Is Back Finally!
i vote for Primeape

grr...my face-offs take ages to get their first vote

lol tell me about it lol but thanks for voting in mine

its 3 primeape and 0 raticate

Were the pairings at random?
If not, I suggest you redo them using random.org.
I vote for Primeape, because the way Ash ended up catching him was hilarious.

Primeape...
IMS--it says he randomized them...
Although I cannot say I agree with the no start a round rule, as he posted them all up there, but not my face-off...

Jonessodaco.Chris

Is Back Finally!
OK seeing as people didnt like the way the pokemon were i randomly picked them once again. The only onces that werent changed was primeape and raticate...So the battle is still on continue please

Jonessodaco.Chris

Is Back Finally!
K primeape is dominating with a 5 to 0 against raticate...Common people need more people to vote so the next battle can begin:)

Jonessodaco.Chris

Is Back Finally!
No double posting eh...
I vote Primape

lol haha well its 6 primeape to 0 raticate

Common people just four more and this thing is over...

Jonessodaco.Chris

Is Back Finally!
Ok...Primeape...

What'd he have Raticate for, half of an episode?

True true, but he still had it, same goes with beedrill. But ok clearly everyone is likeing primeape and im going to add to him.

So its primeape 8, raticate 0 Hurry for the next round...

Jonessodaco.Chris

Is Back Finally!
well he caught the beedrill and gave it to casey, but ok primeape todally owned and that round is over... Primeape wins 11 to 0 raticate is out. So the next round begins

Sceptile ;254; Vs Larvitar ;246;

PS still need score keepers

random guy

<the essence of cool
i vote sceptile just because his larvitar isnt that good

Jonessodaco.Chris

Is Back Finally!
i vote sceptile as well...
score is

sceptile 2 larvitar 0

Status
Not open for further replies.