• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ash's Primape

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curo

Water Trainer
I never forgot the episode, when Primape beasted his way through the fighting championship in Kanto...I can't remember the name of it in the show. I think it was called the fighting dojo in the game or something. Ash left his Primape to train with the dojo leader, and said he would come back for him one day. I don't see that happening...I loved that Primape :'(

thunder2910

Loves pizza
Its a real pity really, he's promised his pokemon like Pigeot and like you mentioned primape but he never keeps his promises tsk tsk

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes

Navin

MALDREAD

Curo

Water Trainer
Huh interesting. I wonder though if the writers planned it then and there to never bring back Primeape. He does show up in Oak's for that photo session much later so I guess he's still with Ash. He's probably never going to be used again along with the likes of Tauros, Muk, and Kingler though.

So many awesome Pokemon weren't utilized.

An00bis

Wicked Witch
Ash gave his Primeape to Anthony for keeps. It was a little clearer in the Japanese version.

He does show up in Oak's for that photo session much later

Primeape? Nope.

Only Pokemon who were actually at Professor Oak's lab at the time got in the shot. Squirtle's also missing.

You might be thinking the Japanese opening Squrt where almost every Pokemon Ash owned at the time appeared.

diakyu

You might be thinking the Japanese opening Squrt where almost every Pokemon Ash owned at the time appeared.
He's probably thinking of Be an Arrow!, both squirtle and primape were shown at the lab. I think it just signified all the Pokemon Ash can still call upon though.

MattySadler

Would've been nice to have seen Primeape again, perhaps when Ash returned to Kanto for the Battle Frontier would've been the best time? I don't know, I just don't think it'll ever happen now.

It is a shame as I felt Primeape oozed character and personality. Unfortunately for Primeape it rounded itself off pretty quickly as a character, essentially doing a Butterfree in a lot less episodes.

Nulava

Banned
Interesting. I wasn't aware of the differences between the two versions, but now it seems evident to me that Ash literally gave Primeape away, permanently.

Yeah.

Primeape was a prodigy Pokémon martial artist, so since Ash wanted the best for his Pokémon, he gave it away to a guy who could train it and give it a good career in that field.

Special thanks to Dephender

Teebu

Primeape was awesome, primarily because he/she was something different from the normal types he seems to catch and it was good seeing ash learning about the fighting battle style at that dojo. It's a shame it wont ever be seen in the series again in all likelihood because it was a far more entertaining pokemon than alot that have come into his & the travellers group since that time & could have added some memorable moments.

fitzy909

Just another guy
Ash gave his Primeape to Anthony for keeps. It was a little clearer in the Japanese version.

Primeape? Nope.

Only Pokemon who were actually at Professor Oak's lab at the time got in the shot. Squirtle's also missing.

That was weird. I thought they would bring primepae back, as they featured him in it despite not being in a episode for ages. Unfortunately he had no appearance.

MattySadler

That was weird. I thought they would bring primepae back, as they featured him in it despite not being in a episode for ages. Unfortunately he had no appearance.

Yeah, and when you think about it, compared to Ash's other Pokemon Primeape is relatively obscure, so strange to put him in if they weren't bringing him back. It would've been great for him to return, even if only once.

TogepiPunches

Togepi Punter
I feel like it would have really reeled back in any old viewers if they brought his primate back, It was an interesting pokemon and I really wish it got more air time! But sadly, the anime creators seem to not like to please the fans in regards to bringing back some of the older pokemon. (Even though thats where the memories are)

MattySadler

Would Primeape had really reeled people back in though? I mean really? It was on Ash's team for what, 4 episodes? And only actually appeared in two of them?

jake279

Ice Master
Yeah I think people were referring to this photo. Ash_Pokemon_with_Oak.jpg

I think it's from the Japanese anime opening. I'm gonna be honest, I completely forgot Ash had even had a Primespe until this picture was shown. I swear it was only around for 2 episodes or so.

It is a little odd that Primeape was shown. Squirtle was shown as it is still Ash's pokemon. Pidgeot wasn't shown so why was Primeape? I think this image really made people think that he might go back for it one day, even though I had always thought he had given it away for good.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Does this really matter? Most of Ash's old Pokemon that he still owns at Oak's virtually never appear again anyway. So if the writers won't even have Ash use Pokemon he still owns for years, such as Kingler, Muk, the Johto starters, etc....what is the point of a long released pokemon coming back?

Honestly outside of Ash's more popular Pokemon like the Kanto starters and some of his Hoenn and Sinnoh Pokemon...the rest of his Pokes will probably never be used again.

Teebu

Would Primeape had really reeled people back in though? I mean really? It was on Ash's team for what, 4 episodes? And only actually appeared in two of them?

I dont think any of Ash's forgotten pokemon would reel people in, it would be a nice homage to fans from the beginning, it wont happen though.

MattySadler

I agree. As a fan since the beginning, personally I'd love to see how Butterfree, Pidgeot and Primeape are doing, but if I wasn't watching anyway it definitely wouldn't be enough to get me watching again.

Status
Not open for further replies.