• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ash's stationary Pokèmon in-team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haru Glory

Rave Master
Ash's stationary Pokèmon in-team

As we can see, there are some Pokès that are always in Ash's roster, the six that carries with him. Some other rotates between each other, like Tranquill, Palpitoad and others.
Do you think it's good? Or you want to see something else that aren't the starters?

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
The starters might well be in rotation. In the Archeops episode, both Roggenrola and Tranquill were present. So while we can't say without a doubt whether Ash either switched out a starter or Scraggy, we know that he doesn't switch just one of his team, if so, then Tranquill and Roggenrola couldn't be in the episode together.

Archeops episode:
Pikachu, Tranquill, Oshawott, Roggenrola

So the others would've been either: Tepig, Snivy or Scraggy. Considering Swadloon and Palpitoad to be switchees, Scraggy is the exception as its the baby..

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Zorua Movie episode

Pikachu, Oshawott, Snivy, Swadloon, and Tranquill all appeared.
Options for 6th: Tepig, Palptioad, Scraggy

Locormus

Zorua Movie episode

Pikachu, Oshawott, Snivy, Swadloon, and Tranquill all appeared.
Options for 6th: Tepig, Palptioad, Scraggy

Therefore I think that Tepig is the first starter to be rotated out of Ash's team. He was one of the three possibilities that could've been rotated back in the Archeops episode, along with Snivy and Scraggy. Scraggy probably won't get rotated as its young. And since Tepig's MIA since the Roggenrola episode, I'd say that it's the one that's rotated out at the moment.

Ash probably had Pikachu, Tranquill, Oshawott, Snivy, Scraggy and Swadloon on his team during the Zorua episode, with Roggenrola, Palpitoad and Tepig at Juniper's.

It wouldn't surprise me if we didn't see Tepig until BW46.. Meaning one heck of a long dryspell for a starter in Ash's care..

Banana Knight Arthur

NEGATIVE MINUS
My thought is that Ash will not rotate Mijumaru, Pikachu or Pokabu, of his original/first six.

I do see him swapping Tsutaaja, Hatooboo, and Zuruggu.

Seems fair, keep three and rotate the other 3 slots.

I do see him rotating Pokabu under extenuating circumstances, but again, never Mijumaru or Pikachu.

Locormus

My thought is that Ash will not rotate Mijumaru, Pikachu or Pokabu, of his original/first six.

I do see him swapping Tsutaaja, Hatooboo, and Zuruggu.

Seems fair, keep three and rotate the other 3 slots.

I do see him rotating Pokabu under extenuating circumstances, but again, never Mijumaru or Pikachu.

Pokabu is almost missing in action for 10 episodes, and it will be 10 if he doesn't use it during the Tournament, which is very likely. Then there have been two episodes during this 10 episode gap in which it could be deducted that Tepig is not on the team.

I think it's unreasonable to expect Scraggy to be swapped as it is very young. Ash wouldn't ditch his hatchling that easily.

Every other pokemon is fairgame, though I doubt seeing him ditch Oshawott, as its the main starter of this series, just like Grovyle and Chimchar were.

Tranquill, Swadloon, Roggenrola, Palpitoad. We know that those have been rotated. Tepig is being hinted at at being rotated at the moment, of course we can't be sure, but how else explain what we know. Snivy's in the next episode so we can assume it has been on team, as it also was on team during the Zorua episode.

WaterShuriken

You act as if sending Scraggy to Juniper is like releasing him or giving him the cold shoulder. Just because it hatched from an egg does not give it priority over the others.

Banana Knight Arthur

NEGATIVE MINUS
Pokabu is almost missing in action for 10 episodes, and it will be 10 if he doesn't use it during the Tournament, which is very likely. Then there have been two episodes during this 10 episode gap in which it could be deducted that Tepig is not on the team.

I think it's unreasonable to expect Scraggy to be swapped as it is very young. Ash wouldn't ditch his hatchling that easily.

Every other pokemon is fairgame, though I doubt seeing him ditch Oshawott, as its the main starter of this series, just like Grovyle and Chimchar were.

Tranquill, Swadloon, Roggenrola, Palpitoad. We know that those have been rotated. Tepig is being hinted at at being rotated at the moment, of course we can't be sure, but how else explain what we know. Snivy's in the next episode so we can assume it has been on team, as it also was on team during the Zorua episode.

Funny part is I though Turtwig was going to be DP's Star.

Then his Rival's pokemon flipped the tables on us.

Maybe if Shooti's Timburr-evolution keeps on losing, he will release it, and by some odd twist of fate, Ash adopts him into the reserves.

Locormus

You act as if sending Scraggy to Juniper is like releasing him or giving him the cold shoulder. Just because it hatched from an egg does not give it priority over the others.

Phanpy rejoined Ash's team when he headed into the Battle Frontier.. Just to counterargument that hatchlings do have some priority over others.

Scraggy is very weak and needs the most training. It's also young and looks up to Ash as a parenting figure.

That also gives it priority to others like Snivy, Roggenrola or Tepig in my book, since they have either good moves or a decent amount of gym wins to prove that they're not needed on team for training all the time. Palpitoad, Swadloon and Tranquill are evolved, thus they should be a bit decent already.

Scraggy has none of this, no great moves, hasn't evolved, hasn't had any wins, and has no strength. All the more reason to keep it on the team for now, if I were Ash.

As for the other two: Oshawott has been on the cast and printed its mark on so many episodes that I doubt it's going to be rotated out any time soon. And of course, Pikachu has immunity as well.

But heck, if the moment comes when we see six pokemon on Ash's side and none of them is Scraggy, then call me out. It just seems illogical to me at the moment.

Funny part is I though Turtwig was going to be DP's Star.

Then his Rival's pokemon flipped the tables on us.

Maybe if Shooti's Timburr-evolution keeps on losing, he will release it, and by some odd twist of fate, Ash adopts him into the reserves.

Lol, well, that does happen from time to time! :p

Banana Knight Arthur

NEGATIVE MINUS
@ Loco

Honestly,
Ash is doing Scraggy a dis-service by not giving him more attention/attempting to develop his strength.

Unless this is all happening off-screen, as usually major training is the feature of an episode or two.

Seems like in his catching blitz, he forgot that the Day-care granny tasked him with raising him into a great pokemon.

WaterShuriken

Phanpy rejoined Ash's team when he headed into the Battle Frontier.. Just to counterargument that hatchlings do have some priority over others.

Scraggy is very weak and needs the most training. It's also young and looks up to Ash as a parenting figure.

That also gives it priority to others like Snivy, Roggenrola or Tepig in my book, since they have either good moves or a decent amount of gym wins to prove that they're not needed on team for training all the time. Palpitoad, Swadloon and Tranquill are evolved, thus they should be a bit decent already.

Scraggy has none of this, no great moves, hasn't evolved, hasn't had any wins, and has no strength. All the more reason to keep it on the team for now, if I were Ash.

As for the other two: Oshawott has been on the cast and printed its mark on so many episodes that I doubt it's going to be rotated out any time soon. And of course, Pikachu has immunity as well.

But heck, if the moment comes when we see six pokemon on Ash's side and none of them is Scraggy, then call me out. It just seems illogical to me at the moment.

But that's the thing. You are acting as if Scraggy being Junipered is going to last a whole season. Its only for a few episodes. Sometimes its even one or two episodes.

One or two episodes (or days depending on the anime calendar) is not gonna hurt him.

Locormus

But that's the thing. You are acting as if Scraggy being Junipered is going to last a whole season. Its only for a few episodes. Sometimes its even one or two episodes.

One or two episodes (or days depending on the anime calendar) is not gonna hurt him.

Might not, but it wouldn't make sense. It only makes sense when Ash has to have a full battle. Then he'd take his six strongest, and Scraggy obviously isn't one of them.

However, in any other scenario, it wouldn't be wise to even temporarily ditch the pokemon that needs the most practice by far. Otherwise it will keep on trailing behind the rest of the crew. That, aside from it also being a baby, is a reason why I don't see it Juniper'd at least for a while.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Therefore I think that Tepig is the first starter to be rotated out of Ash's team. He was one of the three possibilities that could've been rotated back in the Archeops episode, along with Snivy and Scraggy. Scraggy probably won't get rotated as its young. And since Tepig's MIA since the Roggenrola episode, I'd say that it's the one that's rotated out at the moment.

Ash probably had Pikachu, Tranquill, Oshawott, Snivy, Scraggy and Swadloon on his team during the Zorua episode, with Roggenrola, Palpitoad and Tepig at Juniper's.

It wouldn't surprise me if we didn't see Tepig until BW46.. Meaning one heck of a long dryspell for a starter in Ash's care..

Tepig`s not around until the Scrafty episode as far as I know

Locormus

Tepig`s not around until the Scrafty episode as far as I know

Yup, so that's what? A 7/8 episode break, however, it looks like more when you consider the breaks we've been given between the Don-tournament episodes.

Cuddy

Cyndaquil Master
If Tepig is one from the lab that his trainer left him, maybe the professor is checking to see who left him. I bet Tepig is at the lab.

Locormus

If Tepig is one from the lab that his trainer left him, maybe the professor is checking to see who left him. I bet Tepig is at the lab.

It's a possibility until BW45. There's been a time when Snivy was rarely seen as well. Only thrice in a gap spanning 13 episodes.. That could mean that it was out of the group at that time as well..

dman_dustin

Might not, but it wouldn't make sense. It only makes sense when Ash has to have a full battle. Then he'd take his six strongest, and Scraggy obviously isn't one of them.

However, in any other scenario, it wouldn't be wise to even temporarily ditch the pokemon that needs the most practice by far. Otherwise it will keep on trailing behind the rest of the crew. That, aside from it also being a baby, is a reason why I don't see it Juniper'd at least for a while.

Except look at when the last time we saw Scraggy was in. It was the episode that Ash captured Palpitoad. That's around 10 episodes if we don't see Scraggy until the Meowth episode.

Are you saying that if the writers wanted to use more than one of the usual rotated Pokemon he'd have traded one of his starters instead of Scraggy.

That doesn't make sense to me. If Scraggy was so prioritized over the very marketable starter Pokemon. We would've seen him already. But the truth of the matter is, we haven't seen Scraggy in weeks Tepig.

We've seen all of Ash's other Pokemon recently except Scraggy.

So saying Scraggy is still on Ash's team doesn't make sense. Or we would've seen him already. Like I said in another thread, remember we didn't see a sixth Pokemon in the Zorua Movie. It could've been either Tepig or Scraggy that was rotated out.

Karpi

Forever a pirate
I thought it was obvious that everything is fair game outside of Pikachu and (likely) Mijumaru. Actually, they could rehash Ash's Aipom and make Mijumaru go crazy if Ash leaves it there - this does seem like a viable episode plot.

So scratch that, outside of Pikachu, EVERYTHING is fair game.

Status
Not open for further replies.