• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ash's strongest Flying pokemon?

Ash's strongest Flying pokemon so far??

• Pidgeot

Votes: 42 31.8%
  • Noctowl

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • Swellow

Votes: 51 38.6%
  • Staraptor (If Staravia evolves)

Votes: 36 27.3%

• Total voters

ZgonDuck

Like A Boss
Right now, it's Swellow. Pidgeot's overrated because people don't take off their Kanto tinted rose glasses. Noctowl is the weakest though, just really doesn't stand out like the others. Muku.HAWK will be his strongest though.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Swellow > Pidgeot/Staravia >>>>>>>>>>> Noctowl.

I only put Pidgeot ahead of Staravia because its fully evolved.

Noctowl only has 1 memorable victory to its name (in Morty's Gym), and other than that it was the most useless Pokemon Ash has captured in the series. But of course given that Noctowl was caught in the Johto region, it doesn't surprise me.

Chimchartrainer07

I'd say its a tie between Pidgeot and Swellow if Pidgeot was still around, like sellow would be totally kickass, but Staravia I would say is third even if it evolves I think Pidgeot and Swellow could still beat it in battle. As for Noctowl please even with its psychic attacks its still weak in comparison to the others.

Definitely Swellow. It was amazing during its run on AG! The battles were awesome and Swellow just dominated. Best bird ever for sure (so far).

Staravia might be a close second or be as strong/stronger than Swellow as it still has one more evo to go.

TheHolyShoe

The thing is, Flying-types tend have an extremely shallow movepool. Really, the only think that differentiates them is what techniques they know, which is why they tend to get progressively stronger. Yorunozuku is the only one with some alternative moves, but it is severely under-developed. Pidgeot, at current, wouldn't stand much chance against either Ohsubame and Muku,BIRD unless it learns Aerial Ace. And with Brave Bird, Muku.BIRD has a decent chance to overpower all of them once it evolves.

DragonLance

i think its a hard call. we got to see one episode of pidgeot fighting. as a pidgeotto it impressed me and i can't imagine how great it wouldv'e been if ash trained it long. swellow had some amazing battles as well. i remember how long tailow held off against pikachu's electric attacks. noctowl... bit disappointing. and i have no idea about staravia

Swellow, of course. I mean, we can easily see its power, compared to Ash's other birds.

Kataphrut

Swellow currently, but it's probably going to be Staravia/Staraptor at the end of Sinnoh.

Exactly

10charlimit. (that's the first time I've ever done that)

BirdStaraptor

Sinnoh Master
Swellow, dont forget Swellow did not die during battles so quickly he is not like the others.
Staravia is not that strong. Staraptor we cant tell anything about him yet.
Cann't wait for what writers hide for us about Staraptor.

~Mesprit~

*Summertime*
Probably Pidgeot. We haven't seen him much because he evolved and left but probably was the strongest from them all.

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
Swellow was stronger than the rest of Ash's AG team, which was evident by the fact that it was able to KO multiple opponents in a row after taking heavy damage from powerful attacks, and all without having to rely on any long range projectile moves. It was also able to manage getting thrown into pillars and rocks and still have enough strength to lift Donphan into the air and haul it to the ground.
And considering the majority of the AG team were pretty strong to begin with, that's saying a lot.

That's more than Pidgeot, Noctowl or even the mighty Muku has ever achieved.

Profesco

gone gently
It's not really an easy question.

It's not fair to discount Pidgeot since we have no idea of what it's skills are these days. We could find out it now knows Aerial Ace, Steel Wing, Double Team, Mud Slap, Roost, or a slew of new techniques. When it was a Pidgeotto, it was very reliable, and saw a lot of use. I don't want to forget about all that experience.

I honestly don't see why Noctowl's getting the shaft. It was Ash's most intellient Pokemon, and we got to see it was sarcastic too, or at least had a sense of humor. As a Flying type, it's unorthodox attacks set it apart from the rest of Ash's birds, and while not seeing much battle use, it proved very resourceful and reliable outside them. I personally think it has the most interesting personality of all his birds.

Now, Swellow is obviously the natural choice. I don't have to recount its amazing battle skills and impressive endurance in the face of its Electric weakness. I also think its personality shown through a decent amount. It is seriously strong, and it saw much use. I would have to choose Swellow as the best bird.

Staravia has done some impressive things, so far. I have to reserve a full judgement until we see the Sinnoh League, I think. There's not a lot to go on as of yet, including some more personality screentime, but I like it so far.