• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ash's Strongest Non-GPICSS Pokemon?

MasterTobias

Bulbasaur,his feat against Brandon is the best feat among the B tiers,not to mention it has the most battle experience out of them all as well.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Bulbasaur or Krookodile.

Who?

I don't think you even watched the AG series or the Hoenn League. I do agree with the fact that Krookodile and Bulbasaur are better though.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Bulbasaur,his feat against Brandon is the best feat among the B tiers,not to mention it has the most battle experience out of them all as well.

Could you refreshen my memory, what exactly did Fushigidane do that made him standout against Jindai?

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Could you refreshen my memory, what exactly did Fushigidane do that made him standout against Jindai?

Defeated Dusclops and then tied to Solrock.

PokemonBattleFanatic-

Hardcore Paul Fan
Strongest candidate for Ash's 7th best Pokemon greatest to least

1.Swellow
2.Krookodile
3.Bulbasaur
4.Heracross
5.Kingler
6.Gliscor
7.Glalie

Once again it comes down to Swellow and Krookodile,both are capable of taking out 2 pokemon before fainting.Bulbasaur is only capable of taking out 1 pokemon then drawing with the next one as shown in battles against the likes of Jackson and Brandon.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Strongest candidate for Ash's 7th best Pokemon greatest to least

1.Swellow
2.Krookodile
3.Bulbasaur
4.Heracross
5.Kingler
6.Gliscor
7.Glalie

Once again it comes down to Swellow and Krookodile,both are capable of taking out 2 pokemon before fainting.Bulbasaur is only capable of taking out 1 pokemon then drawing with the next one as shown in battles against the likes of Jackson and Brandon.

That's an inane arguement because Kingler also managed to sweep an entire team. The quality of the opponents have to be considered. Brandon in the strongest FB in Kanto and putting up that kind of a performance against him is certainly a more impressive feat.

By the way Bulbasaur did take out two Pokemon, against Jeanette Fisher, in the Kanto League.

Navin

MALDREAD
Swellow hands-down based on depicted feats.

By writer's intention, Krookodile is probably meant to be alongside GPICSS as the BW powerhouse, even though actual on-screen feats aren't as good as Swellow's.

Genaller

Silver Soul
Swellow hands-down based on depicted feats.

By writer's intention, Krookodile is probably meant to be alongside GPICSS as the BW powerhouse, even though actual on-screen feats aren't as good as Swellow's.

Honestly Bulbasaur's Brandon feat feels a bit better than Swellow's Tyson feat. Yeah writer intent is the main reason I give Krook Tier 1 (let's face it Krook will probably get preference over Snorlax if Ash ever actually assembled his best team).

Genaller

Silver Soul
Did Bulbasaur stopped a rollout-ing Donphan with literally it's fee(a)ts like Swellow? Nah.

Did Swellow beat a Pokémon that could KO Charizard? Nah. Did any of Swellow's attacks/clashes cause an explosion so massive that it enveloped an entire league stadium (Bulbasaur vs Meganium)? Nah!

Navin

MALDREAD
Did Swellow beat a Pokémon that could KO Charizard?

Can Bulbasaur survive Thunder Armor or the Heavenly Fire and Water Twister of Doom?

Did any of Swellow's attacks/clashes cause an explosion so massive that it enveloped an entire league stadium (Bulbasaur vs Meganium)? Nah!

Can Bulbasaur outspeed an incoming Speed-forme Deoxys for a successful hit? Could Bulbasaur take on an army of mechanical Victreebels (~ Swellow against Fearrow)?

--

Point is, it's hard to say who's the 'next strongest'. Based on feats, Swellow wins, but even somebody like Kingler in only a couple of episodes showed how much of a bad*** it is. That's why the 'B-team' tends to be grouped up.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Can Bulbasaur survive Thunder Armor or the Heavenly Fire and Water Twister of Doom?
Brandon's Dusclops was Low/Mid Tier 1- Charizard was literally panting before it even before the Seismic Toss blunder, so it wasn't much below Charizard's level. And it seemed like it still had a fair bit of strength left against Bulbasaur.

Genaller

Silver Soul

Can Bulbasaur outspeed an incoming Speed-forme Deoxys for a successful hit? Could Bulbasaur take on an army of mechanical Victreebels (~ Swellow against Fearrow)?

--

Point is, it's hard to say who's the 'next strongest'. Based on feats, Swellow wins, but even somebody like Kingler in only a couple of episodes showed how much of a bad*** it is. That's why the 'B-team' tends to be grouped up.

Bulbasaur could actually tank Thunderbolt/Thunder so technically yes. If a tier 3 like Corphish can, I really don't see why a tank like Bulbasaur can't. Actually I rewatched that episode and Dexoys momentarily paused when it turned around which is what allowed Swellow to get the hit. Deoxys then proceeded to swiftly reck it with extreme speed. If anyone gets to brag about legitimately keeping up with Speed Forme Deoxys in Speed it would be Sceptile. Well you got me on the last 1 (still doesn't change the fact that none of Swellow's attacks have been able to envelope a league stadium). Based on feats Bulbasaur edges out but yeah they're both easily in t-2 and tiers are a better method than straight up ranking. Btw who would you put as the final member of the "B-Team" Kingler or Gliscor (I'm guessing not Lucha since you probably consider him to be a border line case)?

Navin

MALDREAD
Btw who would you put as the final member of the "B-Team" Kingler or Gliscor (I'm guessing not Lucha since you probably consider him to be a border line case)?

I don't know. For all intents and purposes though, Kingler is probably never reappearing in a battle.

So I would take Krookodile (Dark + 'Earth'), Bulbasaur ('Forest'), Gliscor ('Fire'...Fang), Swellow ('Air'), Glalie ('Aqua' [frozen]), and either Heracross or Hawlucha ('Physical').

Genaller

Silver Soul
I don't know. For all intents and purposes though, Kingler is probably never reappearing in a battle.

So I would take Krookodile (Dark + 'Earth'), Bulbasaur ('Forest'), Gliscor ('Fire'...Fang), Swellow ('Air'), Glalie ('Aqua' [frozen]), and either Heracross or Hawlucha ('Physical').

Well yeah but if we're basing our choices on how the A and B teams would actually look if Ash selected them amongst his current Pokémon (or Pokémon he should be able to easily call on) then it would go:

- A-Team
Pikachu, Charizard, Sceptile, Infernape, Krookodile, Greninja

- B-Team
Bulbasaur, Snorlax, Heracross, Swellow, Gliscor and no idea

The writers explicitly acknowledged the listed A-team as the "Aces" so that would be the "best" team they'd give Ash as of now. For the B-team Glalie might also not be guranteed since like Kingler the writers seemed intent on giving it the shaft (was left behind after the HL and never battled again since). It was also supposed to be used vs Conway but it wasn't just like how Kingler was supposed to be used vs Macy. Then again Ash isn't the type of trainer to pick his team(s) out like that (that would be a Paul thing) and if ever we'll probably only see Ash's top 6 (whoever they are at that point though I'm guessing at least Pikachu will be amongst them) fight as a team in the final battle of the series (whatever and whenever that is).

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
Krookodile, thought the likes of Swellow, Heracross, Glalie, etc... (all the Tier 2s) are all in with very good shouts as well.