• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ash's Strongest Pokemon EVER

Ash's Strongest

• Charizard

Votes: 55 47.4%
  • Snorlax

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Heracross

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Infernape

Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Kingler

Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Mijumaru

Votes: 12 10.3%
  • Pikachu

Votes: 21 18.1%
  • Sceptile

Votes: 8 6.9%
  • Krookodile

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 2.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NPT

Just a member
Charizard is Ash's strongest Pokémon, He's a great battler too.

Last edited:

Janovy

Banned
Pikachu, if we rule out all the resets he's gotten through years.

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash
I'd say Pikachu, but only when he's at his prime (like his BF/DP self and after recovering from the reset). Otherwise, Charizard and Sceptile.

xYachu

Spicy Tuna!
I'm going for Charizard. That giant fire dragon alike pokémon is seriously strong .-.

Pikachu would have gotten my vote if he never lost gainst that snivy xD. Somehow... Sometimes pikachu seems really strong amd sometimes he is so weak... Is he forever stuck at level 50 or something?

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Charizard I think has the title down, it trains in a more intense manor than any of Ash's other pokemon do, though it is not undefeatable and Brandon showed what Charizard's flaw is in the battle with dusclops.

I know some people like to think Pikachu is the strongest, but the constant fluxations the writers put it through doesn't cut, besides not everyone's starter is their best pokemon.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Because that is, indeed, the reason why Charizard lost to Brandon's Dusclops. There is no other way around that. It's shown on screen. They were fighting evenly until Ash made that glaring and idiotic mistake. That and his battle against Blaziken were his only losses since returning from the Charicific Valley. Pikachu, on the other hand, has lost many times, though I will admit that he also has a larger body of work. Still, that does not negate that Pikachu's bad outings are far worse than Charizard's bad outings, particularly if you compare post-Charicific Valley Charizard. And remember that Charizard was already pretty strong before hand. In addition, freezing was mentioned in previous posts. Do remember that in Generation 1, the Frozen condition was a defeat in all but name since Pokémon never thawed. That was not the case in later generations and the animé represented that. Pikachu's bad losses and ties, on the other hand, are not because Ash called for a Fighting-type move against as Ghost-type Pokémon when he should already know the outcome. They are because Pikachu's power is at best inconsistent. And remember, Pikachu's terrible showings outnumber his good showings. You're more likely to get the Pikachu that lost to Trip's beginner Snivy than the Pikachu that beat Regice and tied with Latios. On the other hand, Charizard's good showings outnumber his bad showings. And in his worst showing, there is no doubt that trainer error played a significant role in his loss there.

Damn it where is the love button Serebii???!?!?!?!?!?!!

Everybody read this post please.

And really?? Mijumaru with more votes then Snorlax and Sceptile?? *weeps*

NPT

Just a member
Damn it where is the love button Serebii???!?!?!?!?!?!!

Everybody read this post please.

And really?? Mijumaru with more votes then Snorlax and Sceptile?? *weeps*

LOL Snorlax or Sceptile could easily defeat Mijumaru.

When it comes to fighting with a Pokemon bigger than him, Mijumaru gets scared and tries to run from battle.

Last edited:

MidnightFennekin

Unwashed skank
Oshawott is third? Please, all of Ash's other Pokemon on that list could easily faint Oshawott with the flick of a hand... >.>

I voted Infernape, as we seen that with Blaze.... yeah.

Why haven't we seen Charizard with his Blaze activated?

Anime Charizard + Blaze = AAAAAAGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
LOL Snorlax or Sceptile could easily defeat Mijumaru.

When it comes to fighting with a Pokemon bigger than him, Mijumaru gets scared and tries to run from battle.

Well duh, smh teh trolls be trolling.

mjunior3

Link Jokers!
Well, I say Pikachu, because I have NEVER seen another Pokemon hit a Pokemon with a move that's supposed to be 0% effective, like Pikachu. Hits a Donphan with an electrical attack (1st Movie). Also, Pilachu seems the strongest willed, not fighting the Pikachu clone (also 1st movie).

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Oshawott is third? Please, all of Ash's other Pokemon on that list could easily faint Oshawott with the flick of a hand... >.>

*Shrugs* The votes say otherwise. That Oshawott reign just won't let up.

I'm both surprised and pressed that Pikachu isn't winning though. I mean he's Ash's main Pokemon and he's won some of the most impressive battles to date imo. I mean sure I think Pikachu can be overrated some times, but the fact of the matter is he's a powerhouse when the writers don't downgrade his power level imo.

mjunior3

Link Jokers!
Oh, and if Pikachu gained experience like in the games, and carried them over through the seasons, he would be Lv.400+ or something...

LizardonX

Banned
*Shrugs* The votes say otherwise. That Oshawott reign just won't let up.

I'm both surprised and pressed that Pikachu isn't winning though. I mean he's Ash's main Pokemon and he's won some of the most impressive battles to date imo. I mean sure I think Pikachu can be overrated some times, but the fact of the matter is he's a powerhouse when the writers don't downgrade his power level imo.

Pikachu is weak until he gets himself back on top briefly, not the otherway around. Personally i believe pikachu gets too much of its supposed power from plot favoritism.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Charizard. Pikachu loses to level 5 starters

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Oh, and if Pikachu gained experience like in the games, and carried them over through the seasons, he would be Lv.400+ or something...

More like 65 at the end of a region, back to ten at the beginning.

Ash&Pikachu-Fan

Pika-Speed
It's a sad day when Oshawott has more votes than... Snorlax... Heracross... Sceptile... Kingler... Infernape... Krookodile...

It isn't sad, it's true! :p And if you honestly believe otherwise, than same thing applies to Charizard having more votes than Pikachu for now that votes mean nothing.

Either way, Ash will always choose Pikachu over Charizard and now my point is clear as crystal water thanks to Ash's strongest Pokemon ever Oshawott~!

Status
Not open for further replies.