• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ash's Strongest Pokemon to Date (In Japan Episodes too)

Which One?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cenzo

Red: True Master
^I meant that they are strong, they don't have to be powerhouses.

zeno48

Zaker!
^I meant that they are strong, they don't have to be powerhouses.

Yes I know that but the rest you mentioned are better since they are the power houses of Ash lol.

Voltrex

ThePikachuWooperTeam
^ Actually, since Torkoal almost beat Registeel...I wouldn't call it as weak as Noctowl is. In fact, now that Torkoal redeemed itself, all the AG pokemon, the Kanto trio, Snorlax, Tauros, and Heracross, along with Pikachu are Ash's strongest pokemon. Bayleef, Kingler, and Muk are decent pokemon that we could see more of while Noctowl, Totodile, and Cyndaquil are his weakest and really need to see more of.

But Ash's top three (not including Pikachu): Charizard, Sceptile, and Snorlax.

You know, i never really understood why people think Toarkoal "Almost winning" makes it good. In no way does that "redeem" him. Thats like saying "wow Piplup, you almost beat that Magikarp. And, even though its the weakest pokemon in existance you do well."

Torkoal in no way redeemed its pitiful self. And, if im not mistaken, Noctowl actually beat a Gym leaders best pokemon. Torkoals only claim to fame is losing a battle.

Pitiful.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
I'm going with Charizard and Snorlax but Bulbasaur was generally a plus in battles.

You know, i never really understood why people think Toarkoal "Almost winning" makes it good. In no way does that "redeem" him. Thats like saying "wow Piplup, you almost beat that Magikarp. And, even though its the weakest pokemon in existance you do well."

Torkoal in no way redeemed its pitiful self. And, if im not mistaken, Noctowl actually beat a Gym leaders best pokemon. Torkoals only claim to fame is losing a battle.

Pitiful.

Yeah, but almost winning against a legendary pokemon is a definite improvement. Especially since it was against the strongest frontier brain...more powerful than any ordinary gym leader. To hold its own against a legendary pokemon and with a good chance of winning (like one hit away), I think it's better than what Noctowl did in Johto. I'm not saying Torkoal is Ash's strongest, but it's definitely a bit stronger than the Johto team.

Last edited:

red2000

Liger Zero!!!
Ash's Strogest team in order would most likely be

-Charizard
-Snorlax
-Sceptile
-Pikachu
-Swellow
-Squirtle & Bulbasaur
-Tauros

As a team they could probaly take on most of the Sinnoh E4, as they have all proven themselves in battle, Now the Next list is for Ash's pokemon whom I think have potential, and could be powerful had he trained them more

-Glailie
-Torkoal
-Donphan
-Heracross
-Noctowl { would have been great had it learned Psychic and Aerial Ace}

the rest are either weak, not fully developed or not worth mentioning

pipersgirl™

<This girl rocks!!
I think its Snorlax.

dman_dustin

Ash's Strogest team in order would most likely be

-Charizard
-Snorlax
-Sceptile
-Pikachu
-Swellow
-Squirtle & Bulbasaur
-Tauros

As a team they could probaly take on most of the Sinnoh E4, as they have all proven themselves in battle, Now the Next list is for Ash's pokemon whom I think have potential, and could be powerful had he trained them more

-Glailie
-Torkoal
-Donphan
-Heracross
-Noctowl { would have been great had it learned Psychic and Aerial Ace}

the rest are either weak, not fully developed or not worth mentioning

Bayleef did beat houndoom, and cyndaquil did beat steelix, and Krabby/Kingler did beat three pokemon in a row

Voltrex

ThePikachuWooperTeam
Yeah, but almost winning against a legendary pokemon is a definite improvement. Especially since it was against the strongest frontier brain...more powerful than any ordinary gym leader. To hold its own against a legendary pokemon and with a good chance of winning (like one hit away), I think it's better than what Noctowl did in Johto. I'm not saying Torkoal is Ash's strongest, but it's definitely a bit stronger than the Johto team.

But their is no proof that he got any stronger. He may have learned a new move, but so did Charizard. And they both ended up losing.At least Noctowl actually won his best and most memorable battle, unlike what i could say about Torkoal.

Pathetic.

^ Again, about one hit away from beating a legendary pokemon. There is a difference between a legendary pokemon owned by a Frontier Brain and a non-legendary pokemon owned by an ordinary gym leader. I didn't say that Torkoal got strong by one move at all in my post, I just said it proved to be strong because it actually had a shot against beating a legendary pokemon. Plus, Torkoal did win a few times in Hoenn so it wasn't like it never won before. Noctowl may have won agaisnt Morty, but it isn't as great as almost beating a legendary owned by the strongest Frontier Brain imo. I don't think almost beating a legendary is "pathetic".

With that aside...D/P has been so far a good season and Ash's pokemon are pretty decent. I'm sure that if Turtwig evolves, it would be pretty strong. Of course, Staraptor and Ambipom are expected and I think those two would be strong as well. I only hope that Ash gets Lucario because I'm sure that would be an awesome powerhouse.

Voltrex

ThePikachuWooperTeam
^ Again, about one hit away from beating a legendary pokemon. There is a difference between a legendary pokemon owned by a Frontier Brain and a non-legendary pokemon owned by an ordinary gym leader. I didn't say that Torkoal got strong by one move at all in my post, I just said it proved to be strong because it actually had a shot against beating a legendary pokemon. Plus, Torkoal did win a few times in Hoenn so it wasn't like it never won before. Noctowl may have won agaisnt Morty, but it isn't as great as almost beating a legendary owned by the strongest Frontier Brain imo. I don't think almost beating a legendary is "pathetic".

With that aside...D/P has been so far a good season and Ash's pokemon are pretty decent. I'm sure that if Turtwig evolves, it would be pretty strong. Of course, Staraptor and Ambipom are expected and I think those two would be strong as well. I only hope that Ash gets Lucario because I'm sure that would be an awesome powerhouse.

Um, how do you know it was only one hit away from defeating Brandons Registeel?Their may be a difference bettween a Frointiers Legendary pokemon and a Gym leaders non legendary, but their is also a difference between winning and LOSING. Winning is when the pokemon did good enough to defeat another. LOSING is when you have not gotten to the point that you can defeat that pokemon. Torkoal LOST. And just like you never said Torkoal was his best, I didnt say Noctowl was his best. All im saying is that Noctowls most memorable battle is one that he actually WON. Torkoal did have 2 battles in Hoenn, both that he one. But in no way does that make him good, or even sub-par. And your right, it isnt pathetic no, no, no, its HIDIOUS.

Back on topic, I think Ash's Top 5 best are:

Charizard: He caught a fire blast and threw it, defeated Blaines Magmar, defeated a Politwrath,Alakazam,Marowak and Electabuzz while in the Orange Islands, defeated Falkners Pidgeyot, Clairs Dragonair, Garys Scizor, Golem, and Blastoise in Johto, and defeated an Articuno befriended by Noland While in BF.

Sceptile: He is a very close second, mainly because of his actions as a grovyle, which is when he defeated a Slaking. Also he defeated a Shiftry and a Claydol when he evolved into a Sceptile. He also beat down a Scizor in BF.

Snorlax: He is a real close 3rd. He managed to defeat 2 pokemon every time he was in a battle. Nidoqueen and Arcanine owned by Gary. Harrison's Hypno and Steelix, and Greta's Hariyama and Medicham.

Pikachu: I think he is 4th, but only because the first 3 are superpowered. However, Pikachu has easily showed its power by defeating pokemon such as Drakes beast Dragonite, Juan and Lucy's Milotic, Anabel's Espeon and Brandons Regice just to name a few.

Swellow: Swellow is number five because of his defeating Solrock,Lunatone,Swampart,Arcanine and Venasaur.

Nuff said.

DANdotW

Previously Iota
What the hell are you talking about.

Torkoal had Registeel on its knees. The last attack from either of them would have knocked eachother out. It just happened that Registeel had the final attack.

It was easy to tell that it was almost a win for Torkoal. Have you even watched it?

I'd honestly say that a Pokémon's strength doesn't lie in how many wins they have. As you have said, Torkoal only had a couple of wins. But the thing you should look at is how strong the opponents were.

With Torkoal as an example, he may have lost, but it was against a Registeel. Sceptile was the same against Regirock. Although Torkoal got closer, and Sceptile was confused by Ash's possession, there is still the fact that it would have been hard for them against such a strong opponent.

Because, to be honest, if you want to do it by amount of wins, it'd be Pikachu by a long shot, him having been there since the start.

Charizard is probably the stongest, though. Followed by Sceptile and Pikachu in no order.

Iota

pokemaster95

King of pirates
Torkaol is strong just did not have anytime to train and approve.

Well for me its

Charazard
sceptile
snorlax
pikachu
Glalie.

Voltrex

ThePikachuWooperTeam
What the hell are you talking about.

Torkoal had Registeel on its knees. The last attack from either of them would have knocked eachother out. It just happened that Registeel had the final attack.

It was easy to tell that it was almost a win for Torkoal. Have you even watched it?

I'd honestly say that a Pokémon's strength doesn't lie in how many wins they have. As you have said, Torkoal only had a couple of wins. But the thing you should look at is how strong the opponents were.

With Torkoal as an example, he may have lost, but it was against a Registeel. Sceptile was the same against Regirock. Although Torkoal got closer, and Sceptile was confused by Ash's possession, there is still the fact that it would have been hard for them against such a strong opponent.

Because, to be honest, if you want to do it by amount of wins, it'd be Pikachu by a long shot, him having been there since the start.

Charizard is probably the stongest, though. Followed by Sceptile and Pikachu in no order.

Iota

Registeel just happened to land the final attack because he was quicker, better and useful. Unlike Torkoal. Yeah, i have seen the episode.The real question is do you have ANY sense of judgement? And a pokemon strength easily does lie in how many battles they won. Thats how they get BETTER.

Also, dont compare Torkoals and Sceptile battles with each other. The only thing that they have in commen is ASh was possesd and Torkoal sucks. Thats why they both lost.

And your right, we shouldnt do it by number of battles, because Torkoal had less than 10.

Now back on topic.
Best
Charizard
Sceptile
Snorlax
Pikachu
Swellow

Worst
Torkoal
Totodile

Jeff Zero

I firmly disagree. What nobody has really outright said (but I think they were trying to touch upon) is the fact that Legendaries are almost always (with only a few exceptions) supposed to be MONSTROUSLY powerfull. As in noone can even hurt them (a good example: Mewtwo. Not one Pokemon in the entire anime was even able to touch him except Mew). Some of the cute ones, like Celebi or Jirachi, don't fit this bill. But the Regis certainly come off as powerfull. The fact that Torcoal didn't get taken out in 2 seconds flat IS proof it doesn't suck. This HAS happened in the anime before (ex. Ash's Tauros vs. Gary's Nidoqueen, Ash's Snorlax vs. Gary's Arcanine, probably some other examples I don't remember). Not everybody can FIGHT a Legendary, and if you beat one you know you're good. Whether you want to believe it or not there's a hell of a differance between being knocked out on the first attack and being able to last right down to the wire. You can only use the "Character Armor" excuse so many times (Skitty vs. Dusclops, and Krabby/Kingler sweeping it's first ever match and immediately evolving are certainly good examples, and Totodile vs. Kingdra is arguably another, as in every over instance in the show Kingdra was portrayed as MUCH harder to beat)

Voltrex

ThePikachuWooperTeam
I firmly disagree. What nobody has really outright said (but I think they were trying to touch upon) is the fact that Legendaries are almost always (with only a few exceptions) supposed to be MONSTROUSLY powerfull. As in noone can even hurt them (a good example: Mewtwo. Not one Pokemon in the entire anime was even able to touch him except Mew). Some of the cute ones, like Celebi or Jirachi, don't fit this bill. But the Regis certainly come off as powerfull. The fact that Torcoal didn't get taken out in 2 seconds flat IS proof it doesn't suck. This HAS happened in the anime before (ex. Ash's Tauros vs. Gary's Nidoqueen, Ash's Snorlax vs. Gary's Arcanine, probably some other examples I don't remember). Not everybody can FIGHT a Legendary, and if you beat one you know you're good. Whether you want to believe it or not there's a hell of a differance between being knocked out on the first attack and being able to last right down to the wire. You can only use the "Character Armor" excuse so many times (Skitty vs. Dusclops, and Krabby/Kingler sweeping it's first ever match and immediately evolving are certainly good examples, and Totodile vs. Kingdra is arguably another, as in every over instance in the show Kingdra was portrayed as MUCH harder to beat)

Your right. But what many people seem to forget or choose to forget, is that he LOST. He, Torkoal, didnt do good enough to win, so he LOST.

Every other pokemon that Ash currently has beat a very good pokemon.
Pikachu:Regice
Bulbasaur:Dusclops
Charizard:Articuno
Squrtile:Electabuzz
Kingler:Golbat
Tauros:Metagross
Muk:Bellsprout
Snorlax:Medicham
Laparas:Gengar
Heracross:Magmar
Bayleef:Hondoom
Cyndaquil:Steelix
Totodile:Kingdra
Donphan:Seviper
Swellow:Venasaur
Sceptile:Slaking
Corpish:Swampart
Glalie:Sceptile
Aipom:Roserade
Staravia:Cherubi
Turtwig:Rampardos

Now, any of you tell me, What has Torkoal done, than any of his other pokemon couldnt do.

And dont say lose to a legendary pokemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.