• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ash's Strongest Pokemon to Date (In Japan Episodes too)

Which One?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alzatia

I'd say....
Pikachu
Charizard
Snorlax
Sceptile
Glalie
Swellow
Heracross

>.>

Grovesx

Thats hot, babes?.
Picachu was definatly number 1, I couldn't care about the others D:

Your right. But what many people seem to forget or choose to forget, is that he LOST. He, Torkoal, didnt do good enough to win, so he LOST.

Every other pokemon that Ash currently has beat a very good pokemon.
Pikachu:Regice
Bulbasaur:Dusclops
Charizard:Articuno
Squrtile:Electabuzz
Kingler:Golbat
Tauros:Metagross
Muk:Bellsprout
Snorlax:Medicham
Laparas:Gengar
Heracross:Magmar
Bayleef:Hondoom
Cyndaquil:Steelix
Totodile:Kingdra
Donphan:Seviper
Swellow:Venasaur
Sceptile:Slaking
Corpish:Swampart
Glalie:Sceptile
Aipom:Roserade
Staravia:Cherubi
Turtwig:Rampardos

Now, any of you tell me, What has Torkoal done, than any of his other pokemon couldnt do.

And dont say lose to a legendary pokemon.

Torkoal did beat Shiftry in the Hoenn League...it was Tyson's too.

And he almost won against Registeel. It is very hard to beat a legendary pokemon and to be so close to winning, it's still great.

And although winning does reflect on strength, that's not all strength of a pokemon can be based on. Although corny, "it doesn't matter if you win or lose, it's how you play the game". How you battle against the opponent can show how strong a pokemon can be. In the case of Torkoal, it battled amazingly. If I never watched pokemon and Overjoyed is the first episode I watched, I would say that Torkoal is super strong just to hold its ground against a powerful legendary. Winning isn't everything you know. May's Squirtle won a lot of times but that's because it battled as a DEM, it was cheap and people hated it for it. Oh, and there is Paul...even though Chimchar won against Turtwig, Paul still called it pathetic (or at least he yelled at it).

So strength of a pokemon doesn't just count on wins, but how you battled, who you battled, and potential. That can show how strong a pokemon is. For Torkoal, it battled greatly agaisnt Registeel, it battled a legendary, and it does have potential to be strong as seen in its battle. And from hardly beating Morrison's Steelix to almost beating Brandon's Registeel...I think Torkoal definitely improved and definitely became stronger.

I could say more, but I'll stop right here...Torkoal is or at least can be one of Ash's go-to strong pokemon like Heracross, Tauros, Snorlax, the rest of the AG team, and the Kanto trio.

dman_dustin

Torkoal did beat Shiftry in the Hoenn League...it was Tyson's too.

And he almost won against Registeel. It is very hard to beat a legendary pokemon and to be so close to winning, it's still great.

And although winning does reflect on strength, that's not all strength of a pokemon can be based on. Although corny, "it doesn't matter if you win or lose, it's how you play the game". How you battle against the opponent can show how strong a pokemon can be. In the case of Torkoal, it battled amazingly. If I never watched pokemon and Overjoyed is the first episode I watched, I would say that Torkoal is super strong just to hold its ground against a powerful legendary. Winning isn't everything you know. May's Squirtle won a lot of times but that's because it battled as a DEM, it was cheap and people hated it for it. Oh, and there is Paul...even though Chimchar won against Turtwig, Paul still called it pathetic (or at least he yelled at it).

So strength of a pokemon doesn't just count on wins, but how you battled, who you battled, and potential. That can show how strong a pokemon is. For Torkoal, it battled greatly agaisnt Registeel, it battled a legendary, and it does have potential to be strong as seen in its battle. And from hardly beating Morrison's Steelix to almost beating Brandon's Registeel...I think Torkoal definitely improved and definitely became stronger.

I could say more, but I'll stop right here...Torkoal is or at least can be one of Ash's go-to strong pokemon like Heracross, Tauros, Snorlax, the rest of the AG team, and the Kanto trio.

you know I agree with the whole Torkoal isn't weak, if we take Torkoal and he were to battle a non-legendary or how about this we take the current Torkoal (the one who battled Registeel, not downgraded either) and if we were to put up against some of the Pokemon Torkoal lost too, I bet Torkoal would have a better chance then before.

Jeff Zero

Now, any of you tell me, What has Torkoal done, than any of his other pokemon couldnt do.

And dont say lose to a legendary pokemon.

Well, he beat Steelix in his premiere episode, but I guess that's not much since he had the type advantage.

One thing I do wonder about sometimes, is when Ash (or any character in the show, for that matter) beat a strong Pokemon, is it because the Pokemon he beat in the previous rounds softened it up or because the Pokemon who finally beats him is strong enough (good example, Dragonite in the Orange League; is it believable that the other Pokemon didn't weaken it for Pikachu?)

Last edited:

Cenzo

Red: True Master
Oh joy, poor Torkoal again. Uh-huh. I love how on these forums the poor Johto and AG guys are so overlooked because of those man how dare they actually fight Kanto guys. Face it, Torkoal lost a lot, end of story. One hit away my Ash. Torkoal lost and that's all! If Pikachu was a hit away I guarantee all you guys would say was that he lost. Nothing more.

HoagiethePokeBreeder

Poke’veteran
I think that Ashes Sceptile is quite powerful, and Donphan proved to be powerful too. Bayleef seemed to be strong, didn't it beat a Meganium?

Cenzo

^Bayleef beating a Meganium, I don't know, but she was strong, no denying it.

Mew2

Team Rocket's Enemy
No, Bulbasaur stalemated a Meganium, after it had already battled against a Magneton, or some other pokemon in the Johto League. All in all, I have never really been impressed by Meganium. It has been out-classed in battle by both Sceptile and Bulbasaur in terms of feats, and both of those pokemon have other strength feats that don't render any of their high end battling feats as Spider-Man vs. Firelord (basically outlier feats that are so far above what has been seen before and since that they are discarded and not admissible in a debate), unlike Pikachu's victory over Regice. I don't think that Bayleef would have lasted long at all against Regirock, and it is actually debatable as to whether or not Sceptile would have lost or not if Ash had been commanding him in that fight, and not that evil spirit.

Dax

Legend
I'm going to go with Charizard but his second best is definitely Sceptile. I prefer Sceptile but the truth is Charizard even defeated a legendary pokemon.

Swellow and Snorlax are at the top of the list too.

ChaosMage

Izit cuz I is black?
His strongest, in my opinion, is Sceptile. Charizard always has to take advantage of the fact that it can fly, while Sceptile has raw power rather than always relying on advantageous tricks. Swellow is close, though. That guy never quite got the chance he deserved against a major opponent, but he always manages to leave a trail of corpses behind in league battles.

Geodude

It was a tossup between Pikachu, Sceptile, and Charizard for me. I chose Charizard over Sceptile due to experience, and over Pikachu because I think Charizard can take a bit more punishment in a battle than Pikachu can.

pokemaster95

King of pirates
Yay but Charazard is a Fire type 5 blast for flamethwower and sceptile is down

Dax

Legend
Yay but Charazard is a Fire type 5 blast for flamethwower and sceptile is down

You can't use type advantages to say Charizard is stronger than Sceptile. Just because Fire beats Grass doesn't mean Charizard is stronger. By that logic we can say Torkoal is stronger than Sceptile because Torkoal is a fire type and Sceptile is a grass type and we know that's not true.

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
As much as I hate to say it, besides Pikachu, Charizard probably is his strongest. Sceptile's close though, but Charizard has proven his worth more and more (he has the honor of being older, of course).

Snorlax, Glalie, and Muk also seemed to be quite powerful when they got the chance to show it.

Cenzo

We all seem to forget Kingler, and while he battled, Pidgeot. Kingler was undefeated in the Kanto League, wasn't he? Please correct me if I'm wrong. Seriously.

Dax

Legend
Pidgeot did absolutely nothing. It just evolved and left. It was never a major battler in Ash's team. The starters and Pikachu did everything in Kanto and Johto, the others did nothing.

And Kingler showed it was "strong" but it will never be at the level of Squirtle or maybe even Corphish.

Typo

been a while
The Strongest Bond: Pikachu
Sheer Strength: Charizard
The *Underdog*: Torkoal
The Least Seen: Raticate >_<
The Great Achiver: Shellow, whom defeated his shiny self.

Voltrex

ThePikachuWooperTeam
Oh joy, poor Torkoal again. Uh-huh. I love how on these forums the poor Johto and AG guys are so overlooked because of those man how dare they actually fight Kanto guys. Face it, Torkoal lost a lot, end of story. One hit away my Ash. Torkoal lost and that's all! If Pikachu was a hit away I guarantee all you guys would say was that he lost. Nothing more.

LOL!

O, thanx Cenzo for backing me up yet again!
U saved my Ash from yet another flame War...

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.