• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ash's strongest Pokemon

Strongest (without Pikachu)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
Corphish, Bulbasaur, Squirtle and maybe Gible deserve the spot, but Tauros? Heracross? Ash's Pokémon with the worst battle record Gliscor? Other Pokémon are probably more appropiate for this, like Swellow, Glalie and even god Rowlet, he is so underrated.
Tauros tied with Anabel's Metagross. He definitely deserves it more than 4 those guys.
Heracross does too because he at least went toe to toe with Spenser's Venusaur(even though he lost) and his Hyper Beam collided with Darkrai's Dark Pulse. Still deserves more than DL, Krookodile and two beginners.
Gliscor beat Drapion that is stronger than Staraptor, Buizel and most importantly Torterra.

Swellow biggest feat was beating Tucker's Pokemon. He was bad in Spenser's fight and he was one shotted by Latios. Glalie's last usage was in HL which was a bit disappointing since everybody wanted to see him in BF.
Rowlet is too OP he is like lvl 1000 xD.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
You shouldn't compare pikachu to anyone. He's got that privilege of being "the first". His feats will always be higher than every other pokemon.

Well pikachu is the chosen one of the series. Only he can take down a legendary pokemon just to lose to a beginner trainers snivy couple of episodes later.

RafaSceptile

Tauros tied with Anabel's Metagross. He definitely deserves it more than 4 those guys.
Heracross does too because he at least went toe to toe with Spenser's Venusaur(even though he lost) and his Hyper Beam collided with Darkrai's Dark Pulse. Still deserves more than DL, Krookodile and two beginners.
Gliscor beat Drapion that is stronger than Staraptor, Buizel and most importantly Torterra.

Swellow biggest feat was beating Tucker's Pokemon. He was bad in Spenser's fight and he was one shotted by Latios. Glalie's last usage was in HL which was a bit disappointing since everybody wanted to see him in BF.
Rowlet is too OP he is like lvl 1000 xD.
My problem with Gliscor is that Drapion is almost Gliscor's only relevant win, and something similar with Melmetal against Empoleon. At least Swellow was showed to be very consistent during AG and has the best battle record of all of Ash's birds but Rowlet, fighting during the Hoenn League better than Pikachu and also during the Battle Frontier arc.

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
My problem with Gliscor is that Drapion is almost Gliscor's only relevant win, and something similar with Melmetal against Empoleon. At least Swellow was showed to be very consistent during AG and has the best battle record of all of Ash's birds but Rowlet, fighting during the Hoenn League better than Pikachu and also during the Battle Frontier arc.
Well, if Gliscor was used more in SL instead of once, I would say he would've defeated more Pokemon. . Problem with Swellow is that he after Tucker fight, he fell off the grace: he lost to Spenser's Claydol( he did beat Venusaur but that's thanks to Heracross that inflicted great damage on him. After that Swellow lost greatly against Latios like he was one shotted. If he did better against Latios - I would say yeah; Swellow deserves the place.

PokemonBattleFanatic-

Hardcore Paul Fan
OS
Charizard
Snorlax
Bulbasaur

Kingler
Squirtle

AG/Hoenn
Glalie

XY
Greninja

These pokemon were all stronger than Pikachu,like I said before it wasn't considered a powerhouse until late AG.So because it beat Regice it all of a sudden leapfrogged Ash's biggest heavy hitters?Charizard didn't get the chance to face Regice 1 on 1,neither did Sceptile who gave Regirock some trouble.

Ubermuk

Sticky & Sweet
If we're not counting Pika then Charizard gets my vote. I was gonna say Greninja but like technically Ash doesn't own him anymore (I'm not gonna get into a big debate about the Poke ball thing so don't even bother).

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
Snorlax, Infernape, Charizard and Ash-Greninja seemed like Ash's strongest Pokemon. I pick Snorlax as the MVP because of how he came in handy in both Johto and the Battle Frontier. :)

Where is sceptile, it will always come in conversation of ash's best team

PokemonBattleFanatic-

Hardcore Paul Fan
Pikachu's Best Feats
-Vs Lucy
-Vs Anabel
-Vs Brandon
-Vs Tobias
-Vs Cameron

-Vs Sawyer
-Vs Alain

Charizard's Best Feats
-Vs Gary
-Vs Noland

Snorlax's Best Feats
-Vs Gary
-Vs Harrison
-Vs Greta

Sceptile's Best Feats
-Vs Spenser
-Vs Tobias

Infernape's Best Feats
-Vs Paul

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ash's biggest heavy hitters could pull off vast majority of Pikachu's feats if not all of them.

Last edited:

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Ash-Greninja might as well have been a permanent form if it's winning by that much, and even then all it did was beat 2 mega's before losing to a third.

What did base form Greninja accomplish huh, in it's previous forms it had some great wins, but the moment it became Greninja, it's transformation pretty much overtook it completely, and while powerful, it kind of is demeaning in a way since without relying on it how strong can you really say it was?

At least Infernape can get away with having impressive wins without relying on it's OP blaze, same goes for Sceptile and Charizard.

Snorlax I honestly feel might be his true strongest in terms of power alone given it's track record and the fact it doesn't have to rely on a crutch to be powerful.

PokemonBattleFanatic-

Hardcore Paul Fan
Ash-Greninja might as well have been a permanent form if it's winning by that much, and even then all it did was beat 2 mega's before losing to a third.

What did base form Greninja accomplish huh, in it's previous forms it had some great wins, but the moment it became Greninja, it's transformation pretty much overtook it completely, and while powerful, it kind of is demeaning in a way since without relying on it how strong can you really say it was?

At least Infernape can get away with having impressive wins without relying on it's OP blaze, same goes for Sceptile and Charizard.

Snorlax I honestly feel might be his true strongest in terms of power alone given it's track record and the fact it doesn't have to rely on a crutch to be powerful.
This is why I came to the conclusion that Charizard is Ash's strongest base pokemon and Snorlax is Ash's biggest tank.They both have impressive wins without the reliance of abilities and items.
imagine Ash-Greninja with a Z move
Imagine Charizard with Battle Bond and a Z-Move