• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ash's strongest regional bird?

Who is the strongest regional bird Ash has/had?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSirPeras

The end of an era
So we all know Ash loves to have the regional bird. We only didn't see that in the Orange League, but apart from that Ash always had one. Now some of them didn't get much screen time such as Pidgeot, Unfezant (until now) and even Noctowl to a point, comparing to the other two, Swellow and Staraptor. Now the question is, who do you think is the most powerful between all those birds? I'll say Staraptor just because it really impressed me the most, but who do you guys think? :)

Definitely Staraptor.

Bryon

Moveset Comp Judge
Oooohhhh. It's hard to say. All of Ash's Normal/Flying-Types have been pretty strong and useful in the long run, but I think in the end I'm gonna have to choose Staraptor.

I-am-the-peel

Justice Forever
Pidgeot>Staraptor>Swellow and Noctowl>Unfezant

Unfezant still has a long way to go to prove itself, Pidgeot is legendary in my opinion, Staraptor is an absolute powerhouse whilst Swellow and Noctowl are both on the same level imo because Swellow rarely loses battles and Noctowl has psychic moves at hand.

rohit_1997

Wait,what!?
Pidgeot>Staraptor>Swellow and Noctowl>Unfezant

Unfezant still has a long way to go to prove itself, Pidgeot is legendary in my opinion, Staraptor is an absolute powerhouse whilst Swellow and Noctowl are both on the same level imo because Swellow rarely loses battles and Noctowl has psychic moves at hand.

Another person with like thoughts as me.
I bet Pidgeot would've been a lot stronger if it were to stay within Ash's team for a longer period of time,as long as a whole another season maybe.

Charizard-Fan

Star Wars fan
Strongest is Swellow. It has many great achievements.I think many considers Staraptor to be stronger only because of it's moves.

Charizard-Fan

Star Wars fan
I can't believe Staraptor has 11 votes. Swellow is a lot stronger. If people would bother to look it's battles and achievements, they would understand why.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Swellow definitely had the most victories of all the birds. I guess people haven't watched AG in a long time so they've forgotten this.

Charizard-Fan

Star Wars fan
Swellow definitely had the most victories of all the birds. I guess people haven't watched AG in a long time so they've forgotten this.

Good that I'm not the only one who considers Swellow to be the strongest bird. :)

Jerda Foks

Ponyville Author
Hey, I voted Swellow too. People need to give him more credit for Ash's success in Hoenn. He really was a backbone and saving grace in a lot of Ash's major battles.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Its sad that Noctowl didn't get many battles. All it got was 1 Gym in Johto and in the Johto league it lost quickly to Harrisson's Steelix. It did great in Sinnoh.

Its a shame because Noctowl is the closest thing Ash has to a psychic Pokemon.

EpicSquirtle

No looking back
I voted Swellow too. I mean how many of Ash's over Birds could take electric moves over and over again and still be fine?

Josef Stylin

I want to dye
Swellow/Staraptor > Noctowl > Pidgeot

I really don't know why people think Pidgeot is the strongest. If you look at the Kanto episodes, you'll see that it didn't do much besides either popping balloons or getting curb-stomped.

Noctowl is the same case as Pidgeot. Whenever it participate in any important battle, it rarely won. However, it still starred in a gym and got a win in the Sinnoh league. Not that good, but better than Pidgeot.

Swellow has a great battle record and let's not forget about its performance in the Hoenn league.

Staraptor also has a decent battle record and a solid moveset.

Honestly, I prefer ranking Unfezant once BW is over, but right now, it has an average battle record. Not that good, but certainly better than Pidgeot's or Noctowl's.

Swellow is the strongest. The battles its put have been incredible. Staraptor doesn't have many impressive wins nor was it ever featured as reliable like Swellow was. Staraptor has a better moveset especially with brave bird, but it's strength is not there.

Charizard-Fan

Star Wars fan
Swellow is the strongest. The battles its put have been incredible. Staraptor doesn't have many impressive wins nor was it ever featured as reliable like Swellow was. Staraptor has a better moveset especially with brave bird, but it's strength is not there.

I totally agree. Better moveset doesn't make Pokemon better. And Swellow has indeed more impressive wins, like defeating 2 of Tyson's Pokemon and doing slight damage to the third one and defeating Tucker's Swampert and many other great wins too.

Status
Not open for further replies.