• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ash's Strongest Unova Starter (Not counting Pikachu) *SPOILERS*

Ash's Stronget Unova Starter

• Oshawott (Mijumaru)

Votes: 9 16.7%
  • Tepig/Pignite (Pokabu/Choaboo)

Votes: 22 40.7%
  • Snivy (Tsutaja)

Votes: 23 42.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
Seeing as a lot of debates go down for this... I figured why not start a poll for it(seeing as I can't edit my other poll) ***This can also regard speculation as well, as in future wins and loses

Oshawott~ Techincally speaking, this is Ash's true second starter, seeing as he was Juniper's at first. Anyway, we've seen this little guy grow up since fighting against Cilan. He's got so impressive wins and can deflect attacks with his signature Scalchop(don't remember the Japanese name). He tends to not do well when Ash doesn't call upon him, but he still put's up a great fight

Tepig/Pignite~ As with all of Ash's fire Pokemon, he didn't need to battle him to obtain him. This fighter has a lot to prove to himself after being released for losing to a Deerling. We've also seen him grow since fighting against Chili. Not only has he become one of Ash's go to battlers, we know he'll soon being evolving sometime in the show. Most of his loses aren't because he lacks strength, but because his Opponents have a better advantage over him.

Snivy~ This girl is one tough cookie, not only was she able to almost single handily defeat almost all of Ash's team, she's normally called on by Ash when the opponents are either evolved or known to be strong (ex. Gothitelle and the Kami duo (Thundurus and Tornadus)) Not only did she have a strong movepool when introduced, she has access to Attract. Due to speculation by Cilan and Iris, the reason's for that might be because she had a previous owner. While she hasn't been able to beat bigger Pokemon, she still has achieved some impressive wins

I know there's probably more I could say, but I'd like to see your thoughts...

Last edited:

Pokemonpal7

Jungle Ninja
Pignite, since it's the only starter that evolved.

That's the only reson you consider it strongest? What about Bulbasaur, Squirtle, and Totodile? They haven'ty evolved but they're still strong.

I voted Snivy, because she seems to be the strongest. Ash relies on her a lot, and I like her attitude.

...but Oshawott has it for Team Joker.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Oshawott. He has participated in tons of battles and he has won half of them; Snivy and Tepig can't match him. Anyone who says differently is just pressed.

Joltik-Kid

Wow (only about 10 minutes in)... interesting thoughts. I guess Oshawott overall has had the most training, but the other two have other feats that make them great as well.

RWB

Dragon busted by Her
Oshawott has the most wins, but that is more to do with him being used more than the others. His overall battles are pretty unimpressive as a rule, and despite claims of the opposite, quite lucky.

Tepig has the most impressive battle record in regards to number of fights, and was more or less proven to outrank Oshawott when the latter got beaten by Pansear. It also tends to beat it's opponent in a low number of hits.

Snivy, while having quite a few losses, never goes down easily and is the overall bulkiest Unova mon so far. It also has Attract which is highly effective.

More fights to impress=/=better showings. Oshawott is overall the least impressive of the starters. Tepig and Snivy can both make a bid for Top Spot in different ways.

I bet I'll get told I don't like Oshawott, but I like it quite a lot more than I do Tepig.

Haunter ゴースト

-Oshawott is strong getting some pretty defiant wins, but at the same time has lost very shamefully and been shown to need to improve/evolve aswell.
-Tepig despite being an okay battler, has lost a fair few times and got very depressed whenever it does so, he'll need to evolve to improve.
-Snivy has been shown to hold it's own in battle quite frequently, and despite losing every so often hasn't had any major traits after losing or reasoning to losing.

In other words, Snivy.

Joltik-Kid

-Oshawott is strong getting some pretty defiant wins, but at the same time has lost very shamefully and been shown to need to improve/evolve aswell.
-Tepig despite being an okay battler, has lost a fair few times and got very depressed whenever it does so, he'll need to evolve to improve.
-Snivy has been shown to hold it's own in battle quite frequently, and despite losing every so often hasn't had any major traits after losing or reasoning to losing.

In other words, Snivy.
I like Snivy, but I would like her to show a little emotion after losing, I'm mean, maybe even show that she's too proud to admit defeat...

gohan5

Irisboy
I like Snivy, but I would like her to show a little emotion after losing, I'm mean, maybe even show that she's too proud to admit defeat...

That's the thing though, the fact that she doesn't get all depressed or upset shows how much more she's experienced when compared to the others, to me anyway.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Strongest to weakest:

1.Tepig
2.Snivy
3.Mijumaru

Mew2

Team Rocket's Enemy
As of the date of this post, I say Snivy edges out Tepig. However, once Tepig evolves, I have the feeling that he'll be the strongest of the starters.

Definitely Tepig. Oshawott is weak, and Snivy usually gets her butt kicked when Attract doesn't work. :D

Not to say anything, but Tepig loses more then the other two...just saying

Not to say I like Tepig better just because he's a fire type, but I like Tepig better because he's a fire type. :D

JD

I don't see why people think Snivy is stronger than Oshawott especially when he has more wins she isn't anything special

Pignite
Oshawott
Snivy

Status
Not open for further replies.