• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ash's Strongest/Weakest Pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.

dman_dustin

By regional leagues and their respective wins:

Kanto:

Strongest: Kingler (come on it killed four Pokemon in a row). Exeggutor, Seadra, Golbat, and a Cloyster, Ash's most impressive Pokemon during the Kanto League.

Weakest: Not sure, I want to say Pikachu, because it lost to a Bellsprout and only beat Ritchie's Butterfree (as far as I remember). Charizard was strong, but it didn't battle thus is excluded.

Johto:

Strongest: Charizard knocked out three of Gary's Pokemon in a row.
Weakest: Noctowl, even Phanpy got a league win, poor Noctowl got nothing.

Hoenn:

Strongest: Swellow, knocking out two of Katie's Pokemon, and Two of Tyson's Pokemon, is no easy task.

Weakest: Torkoal really didn't get much, everyone else, got at least a few wins. It had a tie, and one win, but everyone else I believe had more ties or wins.

Sinnoh (so far, going by gyms, rather than league):

Strongest: Monferno, 6 gym wins under Ash, I don't think anyone comes close.
Weakest: Gliscor, I hate to say it but it only has one win and one tie under its belt. That's the lowest number, everyone else has gotten at least two important wins.

totallylost

That one guy...
Not including King Pika

Kanto: Charizard or Kingler/Muk
Orange Islands: Charizard/ Don't know
Johto: Bayleef/Phanpy
Hoenn: Grovyle or Swellow or Glalie/Torkoal
BF: Sceptile/Aipom
Sinnoh: Monferno or Staraptor/ Buizel or Gliscor

tyranitar305

tyranitar is a beast
Strongest:Charizard beat an articuno enough said...

Weakest:Grotle since it evoled it has only one gym victory.

Last edited:

thunderblade12

^ It's only been used in one gym since it evolved though..

Kanto

Strongest: Kingler - It got four straight wins in the league

Weakest: Squirtle or Pidgeoto - Neither had many battles and lost most of the battles they did have

Orange Islands

Strongest: Pikachu - It took out two of Drake's pokemon. Yeah Dragonite was weakened but Pikachu was severely weakened by Ditto too.

Weakest: Lapras - It was like nothing but a mode of transportation and was only in like one battle

Johto

Strongest: Charizard - Beat three of Gary's pokemon, two of which it had a disadvantage against. Beat Clair's Dragonair

Weakest: Totodile or Noctowl - Too much failure. Noctowl beat Morty's Haunter AND Gengar but it failed in nearly all of it's other battles

Hoenn

Strongest: Glalie, Pikachu, and Swellow - Based on records

Weakest: Torkoal - It's like it was particularly picked in all of Ash's league battles to be the one that failed

Kanto Battle Frontier

Strongest: Charizard and Pikachu - Defeated legendarys

Weakest: Heracross - Well...it was the only one used that failed miserably right?

Sinnoh(so far)

Strongest: Monferno and Staraptor

Weakest: Pikachu

JQ2ujrx

Burned By Passion
The strongest is Charizard...obviously
Weakest...Torkoal I think...he has used it alot and it has lost alot

Mew2

Team Rocket's Enemy
To me, his strongest is Charizard without a doubt. His weakest, barring the first and second stage evolutions of Butterfree, would to me be Totodile. Maybe it's the fact that Totodile likes to dance more than battle, but I have always been less than impressed with Totodile. I was, of course, less than impressed with most of his Johto pokemon, save for Donphan which didn't come until the Battle Frontier, if I remember correctly; but to me Totodile was the weakest.

RWB

Dragon busted by Her
If Pikachu is feeling Uber, it's stronger than all his other Pokés combined.

Other than that... it's hard.

Kanto: Charizard or Snorlax/Butterfree.
Based on Snorlax League showings, It could however beat out Charizard. It's history is pretty much one of OHKO's there, unlike Charizard's(though Zard has his fair share of OHKO's, too).
It's also the most durable of the Kanto Pokés. Charizard has the speed needed to deal with the foes too fast for Snorlax.
So, Snorlax is the strongest, but Charizard's the most versatile.

Johto: Heracross/Bayleef
Heracross was consistently impressive. Espescially vs Gary, where it took out Gary's Magmar after eating both a Fire Blast and a Flamethrower.
Bayleef however, was propably the worst of all the Pokemon Ash used in the league.
NOTE: I haven't seen all the Johto episodes, and thus I don't really have full knowledge here.

Hoenn: Saw too little to give a fair reasoning. Gonna watch the league for a summary of the team.

Sinnoh: Staraptor(Monferno)/Grotle

Staraptor has proven itself far above Ash's other Pokés, espescially in the recent Ash vs Paul fight, where it took far more hits than Any other Pokemon, and swiftly knocked out Weavile all on it's own.
Monferno's mentioned because of the extreme boost Blaze seems to give him. He's the most powerful attacker, once that happens.

Grotle's the weakest. Why? Well, he is far too slow combined with being fragile, probably the least durable pokemon on Ash's team(Either that or Honchkrow is extremely powerful, stronger than Bulk up'd Ursaring offensively). He's also one of Ash's worst offensive pokemon.

Ash really needs to train Grotle a lot, or even evolve it.

RWB

Dragon busted by Her
If Pikachu is feeling Uber, it's stronger than all his other Pokés combined.

Other than that... it's hard.

Kanto: Charizard or Snorlax/Butterfree.
Based on Snorlax League showings, It could however beat out Charizard. It's history is pretty much one of OHKO's there, unlike Charizard's(though Zard has his fair share of OHKO's, too).
It's also the most durable of the Kanto Pokés. Charizard has the speed needed to deal with the foes too fast for Snorlax.
So, Snorlax is the strongest, but Charizard's the most versatile.

Heracross was consistently impressive. Espescially vs Gary, where it took out Gary's Magmar after eating both a Fire Blast and a Flamethrower.
Bayleef however, was propably the worst of all the Pokemon Ash used in the league.
NOTE: I haven't seen all the Johto episodes, and thus I don't really have full knowledge here.

Hoenn: Saw too little to give a fair reasoning. Gonna watch the league for a summary of the team.

Sinnoh: Staraptor(Monferno)/Grotle

Staraptor has proven itself far above Ash's other Pokés, espescially in the recent Ash vs Paul fight, where it took far more hits than Any other Pokemon, and swiftly knocked out Weavile all on it's own.
Monferno's mentioned because of the extreme boost Blaze seems to give him. He's the most powerful attacker, once that happens.

Grotle's the weakest. Why? Well, he is far too slow combined with being fragile, probably the least durable pokemon on Ash's team(Either that or Honchkrow is extremely powerful, stronger than Bulk up'd Ursaring offensively). He's also one of Ash's worst offensive pokemon.

Ash really needs to train Grotle a lot, or even evolve it.

dman_dustin

Not really, Noctowl didn't get a win at all everyone else (Johto Team) at least got one.

Pikachu- Kecleon
Phanpy- Slugma
Cyndaquil- Apparently an Exeggutor in the Qualifying rounds (it was a blink and miss scene though)
Heracross- Magmar
Totodile- Sneasel
Bayleef- Houndoom

clone1

Aesthetics brahz
Kanto, strongest: Kingler weakest: Butterfree
Johto, strongest: Heracross weakest: Phanphy
Hoenn: strongest:Swellow weakest: Glalie
Sinnoh: strongest: Monferno weakest: Grotle

Ampy

Light The Stars
Here's how I see it:

Kanto: Pikachu or Snorlax/Butterfree

Pikachu was Ash's best Pokémon back then, and Snorlax was his powerhouse, I'd add Charizard but Charizard was tooken down by to many things that shouldn't be able too, and let's face it Butterfree sucked.

Hercross owned. Bayleef sucked, there you have it.

Hoenn: Sceptile/Corphish

Sceptile was great, and probably one of Ash's strongest, his team in Hoenn was all good, but Corpish wasn't as good as his others...

Sinnoh: Gliscor, Monferno, or Staraptor/Grotle

Gliscor, is pretty good, it's just it's timidness puts it back... Monferno, is really good, but he hasn't used it much since it evolved, and Staraptor, just kicks butt. Grotle was alot better when it was a Turtwig, hopefully it evolves soon and learns how to use it's power instead of speed, because Torterra could become his powerhouse for this region

RWB

Dragon busted by Her
Checked Hoenn's league now.

Anyone saying Corphish is Ash's weakest Pokemon during that time period needs to be shot. It's about equal to Glalie so far, and thus one of Ash's two best Hoenn league Pokemon.

Ampy

Light The Stars
^Sorry dude, I just never got to see, Corpish battle much lol, so I checked it too, and I have to say Torkoal is his worst

Riyu+

Jimmy Page Fan!
I would say that Ash's strongest Pokemon is Charizard;006;. The reason for this is the simple fact that since Ash got his Charmander;004;, it has been hard to raise and evolve it into Charizard;006;. Therefore I think Ash's strongest Pokemon is Charizard;006;. Now, his weakest Pokemon is the Grotle;388; he obtained on Sinnoh. It was not weak when it was a Turtwig.;387; Back then when it was a Turtwig.;387;, he was fast and agile.

RWB

Dragon busted by Her
Saw the Tyson battle now.

Final results:

1. Glalie: 5 wins, 1 double KO
Note: one of the wins resulted in it getting knocked out(destiny bond'd), so perhaps that could count as another Double KO... not that it matters, it was still the number one league Poké Ash had in Ever Grande.

2. Swellow: 4 wins, 1 double KO

3. Corphish: 4 wins, 1 double KO(though two of those wins was when Morrison was unfocused)

4. Grovyle: 2 wins

5. Pikachu: 2 wins

6. Torkoal: 1 win, 1 double KO

Note: Tyson's Donphan is weaksauce...

Why? Well, Swellow took the same amount of Punishment as Morrison's Gligar and went down at the same time.
It got pretty much oneshotted earlier on by Katie's Walrein(it landed a glancing blow also).

Vs Tyson, Swellow took one Seismic Toss by Hariyama and was supposedly damaged a lot.
Then it took a sandstorm and all five increasingly powerful hits of Donphan's Rollout.
It took a Psychic- and finally was KO'd by a Hyper Beam from Metegross.

Donphan got OHKO'd by getting thrown into a wall, too.

Last edited:

crawdauntpro

darksidetrainer
Kanto, strongest: Kingler weakest: Butterfree
Johto, strongest: Heracross weakest: Phanphy
Hoenn: strongest:Swellow weakest: Glalie
Sinnoh: strongest: Monferno weakest: Grotle

Why do you think Glalie was the weakest? I would have went for Torkoal, no disrespect or anything....

RWB

Dragon busted by Her
Did a league check, and based on that...

Kanto: Kingler's the strongest.
Johto: Snorlax. Like Kingler, it beat more opponents than any other of Ash's Pokés.
Hoenn: Glalie.

Weakest:
Kanto: Squirtle. Muk and Charizard also only won one fight, but neither lost a fight by actually being beaten.
Johto: Noctowl, Tauros and Muk, also Cyndaquil(?).
Hoenn: Torkoal, easily.

Togemon

Sibling Love
Strongest: Charizard, I guess, from all that training..
Weakest: Probably one of his Tauros, I don't think he's trained most of them - at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.